chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Dec 2016 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
chrispy said..

bazz61 said...
BB was ok until the northerly kicked in ...I got a lesson on non angled take offs...sinus leaking water 4 hours later ...

Should have headed up my way mate

Yeah Baz up his way all 2 beaches north

Makes a big difference up this end sometimes mac. It can be 4ft here,3ft there and not even breaking at lm

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
14 Dec 2016 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

I know mate just stirring the pot

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Dec 2016 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
I know mate just stirring the pot

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Dec 2016 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said...

chrispy said..

bazz61 said...
BB was ok until the northerly kicked in ...I got a lesson on non angled take offs...sinus leaking water 4 hours later ...

Should have headed up my way mate

Yeah Baz up his way all 2 beaches north

Makes a big difference up this end sometimes mac. It can be 4ft here,3ft there and not even breaking at lm

Yeah I had a look at the rainbow bay & currumbin cams this morning... few 100m north side of currumbin groyne looked pretty fun & not really anyone out

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
14 Dec 2016 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

Well breezers, it went offshore just before lunch today. Finally!! Went out for some 1 foot screamers. Better than what has been on offer for the last three weeks.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
14 Dec 2016 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

2-3 foot. I surfed a split single board today, Mark Ograms take on Neil Purchase Jr's Duo. It was a sick board. Fast and drivey and really positive, with surprising release off the top and a penchant for going vertical. I let a mate have a ride and after his three waves he reckons he is buying one. Oggie better make Prototype 1,2 and 3 quick smart as I think he will be selling a few of these if people can get over the look of the fins. I used my 7 1/2" Wayne Lynch fins in it and thought it would be horribly overfinned (it was a 6'9") but it was so loose when I wanted to release a rail. Sick sick board. I'll be borrowing that again when we get some decent surf. Surfed sort of like a quad would if they turned properly. really loose out of the lip. Up down up down up down. Three or four turns in each wave. There was a bit of morning sickness still around so it wasn't barrelling properly, but the one wave I pulled in on it washed speed off well too when I stalled to backdoor the section. I didn't make it and got clamped on, but that was the wave this morning, not the fault of the board.

6'9"x22x2 7/8 and it felt like one of my HP shortboards - better. Mark basically shaped his favourite single fin board (rocker, bottom, foil, dimensions, nose outline) and widened the tail. It looked really weird to my eye and I was pretty dubious, but I'm almost sold. Just want to try it in 4-6.

My mate has been surfing the same board for three years in 0-8' so for him to say he wants to buy one...

thePup
13831 posts
15 Dec 2016 3:45AM
Thumbs Up

No go down this way today - wind's been into it bit of a washing machine ugly stuff ..... saw the Chippie hard at work training on my way home

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
15 Dec 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

BB again ...pity the wind is up as some good banks forming about 3 /10.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Dec 2016 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
2-3 foot. I surfed a split single board today, Mark Ograms take on Neil Purchase Jr's Duo. It was a sick board. Fast and drivey and really positive, with surprising release off the top and a penchant for going vertical. I let a mate have a ride and after his three waves he reckons he is buying one. Oggie better make Prototype 1,2 and 3 quick smart as I think he will be selling a few of these if people can get over the look of the fins. I used my 7 1/2" Wayne Lynch fins in it and thought it would be horribly overfinned (it was a 6'9") but it was so loose when I wanted to release a rail. Sick sick board. I'll be borrowing that again when we get some decent surf. Surfed sort of like a quad would if they turned properly. really loose out of the lip. Up down up down up down. Three or four turns in each wave. There was a bit of morning sickness still around so it wasn't barrelling properly, but the one wave I pulled in on it washed speed off well too when I stalled to backdoor the section. I didn't make it and got clamped on, but that was the wave this morning, not the fault of the board.

6'9"x22x2 7/8 and it felt like one of my HP shortboards - better. Mark basically shaped his favourite single fin board (rocker, bottom, foil, dimensions, nose outline) and widened the tail. It looked really weird to my eye and I was pretty dubious, but I'm almost sold. Just want to try it in 4-6.

My mate has been surfing the same board for three years in 0-8' so for him to say he wants to buy one...

Can you post some pics

I rode my new stick the other day in double overhead perfection. It worked an absolute treat. Made some sections I have only dreamed about making in the past. I can see myself getting into trouble on it though as it gave me so much confidence stroking into a few monsters . Nice having so much volume under you when those sneaky sets come and you some how manage to make it over them. Relief. The board goes like a rocket. Waves have been epic the last 5 days. Surfed out. Today its small and crappy after a huge night of rain - no power, flooded roads - driveway is waist deep. Looks like a day inside watching some movies for me.

MickPC
8266 posts
15 Dec 2016 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Have been wondering how your trip has been going Ted & +1 on pics of the board Drip.

.....Got some fun ones at the local beachie today...that's it for me, working the next 4 days

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Dec 2016 12:13AM
Thumbs Up

Will get some pics soon. Been heaps of rain and surfing mostly so no time for pics . Surf journal makes for interesting reading. Averaging 2.5 surfs a day in 7/10 plus quality. Joy. Only had one decent big day so far but the smaller days have been exceptional bar yesterday when I surfed only once and it was terrible.

Spent lots of time on the board Tux made me trying to dail it in better. On the third set of fins now and it's almost done. When you hit the sweet spot that board flies through the ocean. Amazing board to turn. It likes a bit of chunk / hollow stuff to really get going. Then it's an absolute beast of a board very different to the Evo that's for sure.

SP
10979 posts
17 Dec 2016 4:45AM
Thumbs Up

Living the dream Ted...

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Dec 2016 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Will get some pics soon. Been heaps of rain and surfing mostly so no time for pics . Surf journal makes for interesting reading. Averaging 2.5 surfs a day in 7/10 plus quality. Joy. Only had one decent big day so far but the smaller days have been exceptional bar yesterday when I surfed only once and it was terrible.

Spent lots of time on the board Tux made me trying to dail it in better. On the third set of fins now and it's almost done. When you hit the sweet spot that board flies through the ocean. Amazing board to turn. It likes a bit of chunk / hollow stuff to really get going. Then it's an absolute beast of a board very different to the Evo that's for sure.

Good on ya Ted,sounds good,hope you're having heaps of fun mate

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Dec 2016 6:36AM
Thumbs Up

Some clean and fun runners on the 7ft single. Muchos funos

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
17 Dec 2016 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Dam these northerlies no wonder MACS taken up golf ...seriously thinkn of relocating to South Ballina or Evans head..3/10 runners at BB....

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Dec 2016 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said...
Dam these northerlies no wonder MACS taken up golf ...seriously thinkn of relocating to South Ballina or Evans head..3/10 runners at BB....

10 minutes and you would have been smiling.... all rookies

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
17 Dec 2016 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

bazz61 said...

yeah an electric bike( with a good lock) with board racks wouldn't be a bad idea ... then you would have 8kms of beach breaks to pick from ....

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Dec 2016 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said...
chrispy said..

bazz61 said...

yeah an electric bike( with a good lock) with board racks wouldn't be a bad idea ... then you would have 8kms of beach breaks to pick from ....

It's a funny stretch of sand atm.

Good banks everywhere,just have to go to the right one on where the tide is at otherwise it is frustrating.

I would still only rate today 3/10....but it was a fun 3/10 if that does not sound crazy

On the electric bike,we have a few older crew that do just what you said. The old farkers cover some breaks

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
17 Dec 2016 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Went to a crappy southern corner because all the good Northern ends were too crowded. I was very happy to get 4 bad waves all to myself with no one in the way, rather than get 2 or 3 good waves in twice the amount of time, with a dozen or so shortboards in my way.

Best news of all, my right ear did not get a bubble in it that usually lasts for hours, after months of putting up with it and having my doctor do nothing, yesterday my audiologist finally fixed the problem

Then he promptly tried to sell me $3500 worth of new hearing devices because my life would not be complete without them

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Dec 2016 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just had an ok surf down at the local. It was offshore but the tide killed it a bit and it was a long wait for the sets. Still managed to get a few though.

thePup
13831 posts
17 Dec 2016 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't do it for me today - so I cruised souf over the great divide popped into see the Prez & do a quick job for the longboard smokestership .... he resembles a freshly shorn lamb by fark its a short back & sides to be proud of the bastard hahaha a handyman job well done we thought

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Dec 2016 1:16AM
Thumbs Up

Small here today but still got some uncrowded goodness - if you know where to go. Cyclone approaching has lots heading out. Expecting even less peeps the next week. Joy

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
17 Dec 2016 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Been a mixed bag for the last couple of weeks but the main thing is that the 9'5" is starting to come out of the cover a lot more. Heading to Yals for a week so hopefully score some on the SW coast where the Sou' Easterlys are actually friendly.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Dec 2016 6:22AM
Thumbs Up

The crew were on some very fun peaks this morning......

I ate my greasy breakfast and realised why I don't like to party anymore...nah

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Dec 2016 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Small again today but still fun. Thought I would take to the water for my first effort with a water housing. Very hard to get things in focus but managed a few shots. Its a super wide angle lens - 16mm so I need to get closer. Will keep working on it

thePup
13831 posts
18 Dec 2016 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Geez Ted that's a superb effort brother ... awesome job cheers for the effort hey

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
18 Dec 2016 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sick photos Ted. Hard to believe it's your first crack at it. Keep em coming.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
18 Dec 2016 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Teddy!!

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
18 Dec 2016 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Caaarn Ted,you can do better than that,ya took better pics of me drunk, haha.Just kiddin mate.Great pics mate,looks like a nice little wave there to

thePup
13831 posts
18 Dec 2016 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Wind chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange you farken ripper

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo