Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Dec 2016 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

SP said...
Macaha said...
Chrispy this the link I was talking about,you got lucky champ.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Just another day in the ocean during summer on the east coast...

Well I am glad I didn't know about it before I paddled in

Not so fun today. Tide not making our banks work. Got slammed body bashing the Shorey..still ouchies

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Dec 2016 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Gonna be a hot one today, got down kinda early to beat the heat & expecting a little more than there was on offer after yesterday. Checked the beachie & it was a little too big for it & tide too low. Popped home for the 666 & back to the local for some exercise but got surprised by a few consistent waist high gifts from the almighty huey. Blowy offshore though, I only lasted about 45 mins before I bailed. Couple of cuts from venturing too far onto the reef like I usually get this time of year haha I never learn

SP
10979 posts
21 Dec 2016 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

chrispy said..

SP said...

Macaha said...
Chrispy this the link I was talking about,you got lucky champ.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Just another day in the ocean during summer on the east coast...

Well I am glad I didn't know about it before I paddled in

Not so fun today. Tide not making our banks work. Got slammed body bashing the Shorey..still ouchies

Yeah. Nice to know but in the end their there and just gotta hope the bugger isn't hungry for some Chrispy chicken legs

The seem to be everywhere. Plenty of sighting around here. Beaches closed at least once a week for the last few and looks to be getting busier..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Dec 2016 1:20AM
Thumbs Up

Some big chunks from the ocean today. Heaps of wind but offshore in one particular spot. Not an epic swell direction for it but some smokers were consumed today if you got the right ones. When you missed them though it was fair to say you were hating life. I hated life several times. The boardies need a good clean. The new board is loving its new home even though the rider was not at times - keeper

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Dec 2016 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Looking good down here today as well. I'm at work today but can check it at any time. I was off yesterday and it was hopeless onshore dribble. Today it's well overhead and the wind is blowing from the right direction. Can't win but there will be other days .

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
23 Dec 2016 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Nice waves at the K again and guess what Pup was there charging there must be something in the water at K to attract that handsome dog

thePup
13831 posts
23 Dec 2016 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells oh what stoke there was today ..... the Prez & I scored it sweet on a glassy wicked K ..... jingle bells jingle bells oh how farken good were those barrels under Santa's 3 foot + open sleigh .... oh jingle farken bells jingle farken bells please Santa line ém up again tomoz you farken champion ...... oh jingle bells jingle fecken bells get a big fat Exxy Mango up yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
23 Dec 2016 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Meanwhile the big hitters were around the corner

thePup
13831 posts
23 Dec 2016 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

I think I got a half stiffy on the paddle out champion had this wicked drool hanger goin' on & me tongue was over me shoulder geez 5 or 6 of us ..... and the lines curling in ....... sordid lines droooooooooolllllllll couple of them there were sex ask the Prez geez farkers still got it the Asea ..... on his majesty's mct ..... smashed it bit of the old Longroom Hooohaaaaaaa

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
23 Dec 2016 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Sound like some fun was had on the gold this morning ... small (1-2ft) beachie here ..not much, but water was awesome temp and low crowd, (given the time of year). fun hour

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Dec 2016 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

This morning - still fun but not perfect. Some good sized sets still which made for some not so fun smashings when they caught you.

thePup
13831 posts
23 Dec 2016 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Ted Ted Ted Ted Ted geez mate

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
23 Dec 2016 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

@Ted ..

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Dec 2016 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
This morning - still fun but not perfect. Some good sized sets still which made for some not so fun smashings when they caught you.

I'm sure you were able to soldier on

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Dec 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed palmy from sun up till 6 and it went a bit weird. Got some fun waves when I was out got to wish a merry chrispymas to a few peeps I have not seen in a while.

Then took a drive past the points. It was a very quick yeh nah, I will leave them to the experts .

Went to my shark bank and it was fun time again for a couple of hours...

SP
10979 posts
23 Dec 2016 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

There's a good xmas present ..

Great shots ted

thePup
13831 posts
24 Dec 2016 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Good surf with the Prez early on - we got another bagful , and how good were the conditions out there geez ..... saw the Chippie on the way home , Merry Xmas'd the Currumbin ripper .... Macaha was absent this morning we hear ..... wonder where the Heart Throb scooted off to hmmmmmmm .... another one tomoz by the looks

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
24 Dec 2016 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Good surf with the Prez early on - we got another bagful , and how good were the conditions out there geez ..... saw the Chippie on the way home , Merry Xmas'd the Currumbin ripper .... Macaha was absent this morning we hear ..... wonder where the Heart Throb scooted off to hmmmmmmm .... another one tomoz by the looks

Where have I been this morning,dropped 2 dogs off for a wash,a tip run,pool shop,hosing bird crap off the pontoon.filling up the esky's boy I'm buggered and its only 9.30.

thePup
13831 posts
24 Dec 2016 8:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hey you should have seen the Godfather this morning mate - there was one wave there where the old Comp instinct took over the Prez ..... he was all over it like a cheap $12.69 Indo Sweatshop Suit ..... on fire

Mate that could have waited an hour or two - you poor bastard

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
24 Dec 2016 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good we have a big afternoon planned on the tweed

thePup
13831 posts
24 Dec 2016 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Behave yourself now Stylemeister no running amok today champion .... hey sneak out early tomoz champion , we'll save you a prime spot in the lot - it'll set up your Exxy nicely

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
24 Dec 2016 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Fair swell rolln in here at BB.... ok early morning ...tuff on the LB ... a good xmas for the crew with new boards and a swell to match ..

thePup
13831 posts
24 Dec 2016 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Yep - regular large serves early , lot of them lined up sweet & juicy ... got busy quick though

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Dec 2016 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Bliss this morning. Paddled out at 5:15 and got in at 8:40. Knackered. Surfed with one mate for the vast majority of the session. That was my Merry Christmas present - as everyone got on it last night and slept in - I snuck off to bed at 10 The early bird gets the worm.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
25 Dec 2016 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Bliss this morning. Paddled out at 5:15 and got in at 8:40. Knackered. Surfed with one mate for the vast majority of the session. That was my Merry Christmas present - as everyone got on it last night and slept in - I snuck off to bed at 10 The early bird gets the worm.

Well played, Little Grasshopper

thePup
13831 posts
26 Dec 2016 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Farken awful lumpy porridgy mess ..... but I did the farken thing anyway ..... hit 1 decent one out back then pissed off inside for a bit of a beachie fang ..... burnt a bit of Ham & Exxy cheer off & the water was mint clear ..... ho farken ho

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Dec 2016 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

1/2 a billion people at my local when I got back from the olds up in the big smoke just before midday today. Luckily the wind turned onshore just before I got out there & all but about 10 people came in leaving some good size waves still clean enough for me & the whalebone to enjoy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Dec 2016 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

I looked and bailed. Crew told me there was some fun ones.... i am not a surfer anymore

thePup
13831 posts
27 Dec 2016 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Did the early ..... maybe an itty bitty more clean than yesterday .... did the bay beachies wasn't alltime - just got a surf.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
27 Dec 2016 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey told me it's been crap or is he just making me feel better at work

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo