Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thePup
13831 posts
23 Jan 2017 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

half lid half shortys there mate hahaha yeah we went pretty early yesterday got a few reasonable scraps brother - by 8 there were gazillions of peeps going out everywhere - that sand pump is online too , be like soup around there

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Jan 2017 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

I would just be turning round and going home to do something else if I was faced with a beach that looked like that.

thePup
13831 posts
23 Jan 2017 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

mate at the moment there's times you can't get to drive there - gotta hoof it I'm told farken big hill too nah I got garlic round my neck protecting me from that area champion , my biggest worries are leashless hipsters & hipstesses .... aaaah that and lately a lack of smashable surf geez

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
24 Jan 2017 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

top morning here on the Goldy ....off shore until 11 ish & some waist to head high peelers ..water clear& warm

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
24 Jan 2017 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Knee slappers all I got , Huey needs a farking good Vindaloo ..... swell looks constifarkingpated ..... well something needs to give geez

Buy a log and stop whinging bitch

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
24 Jan 2017 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..
Knee slappers all I got , Huey needs a farking good Vindaloo ..... swell looks constifarkingpated ..... well something needs to give geez

Nasty Nasty MACster, that Old Dog needs to have a moan, it stops him licking his balls and arse in public.

ET.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
24 Jan 2017 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
E T said..

Macaha said..

thePup said..

Nasty Nasty MACster, that Old Dog needs to have a moan, it stops him licking his balls and arse in public.

ET.

And from trying to hump ya leg

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Jan 2017 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

In the great SW atm...thought conditions were perfect for Windmills & just put on my wettie, grabbed my shortie & hiked down to find it was a bit outta control. Lots of water moving around, just big bombs coming from all angles over double head. Tempted to give it a go, but wasn't keen on my own. Chick jogged down & told me bears was chockers. So I thought fark it I'll just do a simple run down to Yallingup coz it was 830, needed to pop back to Dunsborough for my LB & onshore expected about 1100. SW is classic for doing the carpark hop only to find it turning onshore after stuffing around.

Rolling round the bend into Yallingup we were greeted by massive crowds but I got a great carpark. Some bloke was standing on his head for about 5 mins steady as a rock while we grabbed our gear. Then a good looking German chick counted down to let him know he'd made his goal.

There were a lot of short boards out at Yallingup & I spotted a peak that sets were breaking wide of everyone running into the shallow end section. Fairly consistent head & 1/2 clean waves with a a wide open wall to play on that Yalls is famous for. A lot fun & then something awesome happened. I caught this good size set wave & I was just surfing down from a top turn when this dolphin came bursting out of the wave beside me to about level with my head only 3 feet away & came crashing down next to me before speeding off. Couple of guys were paddling out & were like woohoo...I was like fisting the air like I'd been barreled at pipe...stoked

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
24 Jan 2017 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

The puppy needs to be schooled ET coming over here from WA and continually whinging.

thePup
13831 posts
24 Jan 2017 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

yer picked a bad location , fickle ..... but I'll see to that

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
24 Jan 2017 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Current location kudeta deep into the cock list.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Jan 2017 3:55AM
Thumbs Up

There has been some really fun waves on the gold coast,,,yesterday bein the pick,,,,

funny how some locals say there are not waves lol

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Jan 2017 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Yes that always amuses me as well. Some folk just don't like to drive 15-20 mins for some good ones.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Jan 2017 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Onshore bumpy dribble here today so I paddled the river instead. Doesn't hurt to keep the fitness up.

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Jan 2017 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Had so much fun at Yallingup yesterday I thought I'd just keep it simple & go there again. But it was small & offshore wind effected. Looked at smiths from the North end & couldn't see anything with much shape. So drove down to honeycombs which was almost maxing out at head & 1/2 to occasional double head. Looked like a lot of work. The reefbreaks to the South end of that stretch looked tempting on the binoculars although an early onshore was forecast.

I grabbed the shortie & got out easily through a rip on the north end of the beach. Most uniform waves were fast breaking lefts off a rip on the South end into the middle of the beach that had a relentless push towards the beach. If you went too far in you'd have to walk across the sandbar against the strong current until it let go a bit where the waves were breaking, then dash out or head out the North end or be a very strong paddler. I had a couple of waves & went out on the rip until a medium set wave damn near tore one of my booties off with it power. Third wave I got a good long ride into the middle & battled a relentless set as the wind turned light onshore....I gave up, it was as expected a lot of work & yeah. If I drove to the next place it would of turned onshore as I hit the water....missus was happy she filmed a pod of dolphins

Not feeling satisfied I went & had a look as South Point which looked as beautiful as always. Love that bay & there were some fun chest to head continual cutback waves with very little wall looking tempting. Just not frequent enough. I had a lengthy chat with a French bloke who had driven around Oz from Cairns right around to Mornington Peninsular before heading straight across to Esperence/Albany & through to Margs. He'd had an epic 4 month Oz adventure that was cool to hear.

I decided to skip a desperado surf & take the missus somewhere nice for a swim. Popped back to Bunker bay for a swim, some fish & chips at cafe on the beach & a bottle of Deep Woods Margaret River Rose on one helluva beautiful day...not stoked, just really happy

thePup
13831 posts
26 Jan 2017 5:02AM
Thumbs Up

World class today , simply the best

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jan 2017 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Got a few knee high lefts on a high tide bank in a protected corner. Not too bad . Very uncrowded ( just me for a while ) got plenty. Nothing to write home about but good enough to put up here. Happy Australia day

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
26 Jan 2017 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

got a few waist chest high dribblers ..just nice to be in the ocean ...

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
26 Jan 2017 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Got a couple of little smooth ones,went later this morning,hardly any wind,yep ^ good to just have a paddle

Have a good Aus day fellas

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Jan 2017 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
got a few waist chest high dribblers ..just nice to be in the ocean ...

tep bazza the water was beautiful. scored a really clean and fun patch for a while...then played in a sneaky shorey. good to see some of the crew

thePup
13831 posts
27 Jan 2017 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

scraped up some peelers - nuthin' to stick on a postcard , nice day water warm

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Jan 2017 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Knee to shoulder high glass which surprised me. A few holes in the banks some very fun rides.

Water is so clear,warm and ...and ,it's just so beautiful

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
27 Jan 2017 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Waiting for the wind to swing NE. Then I'll go

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Jan 2017 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

Snuck out early on my own yesterday to surf a SW reef I've wanted to have a go on for a long time. I've never seen anyone surf it, kind of a no man's land kinda wave & low quality compared to surrounding waves that are much suckier. But I was pretty happy with a fat slow peeling reefie to myself just down the road straight out from the car park

Then drove home passing the crowds headed in the opposite direction, listening to the triple J hot 100. Enjoyed a few drinks with friends in the arvo comparing a $40 bottle of Rose to a 2 for $25 bottle of Rose from the same winery. We weren't pro enough to tell what made the $40 cost so much more & I hope I we never are

Scored a mid morning cross shore quick surf at the local this morning with yet more summer swell. Looking like a bloody good year.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jan 2017 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Small weak runners. Was ok for an hour then the tide killed it...

Good crew with no Internet ****wits out

Water is only 8/10 today

Warnsey
NSW, 83 posts
28 Jan 2017 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Waste high intermittent waves today, but glassy conditions and nice warm water.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
29 Jan 2017 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

A few little one's at the reef this morning with only 2 other longboarders,bit longer rides than I've had recently which is good,got out just as the wind was starting to get up,water is sensational

thePup
13831 posts
29 Jan 2017 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Geez good work mate - last day of school hols so I passed on it left it to them & continued with the packing up & cleaning

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Jan 2017 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

What's going on Pup packing up are you on another road trip?

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
29 Jan 2017 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Geez good work mate - last day of school hols so I passed on it left it to them & continued with the packing up & cleaning

Ah not to worry mate,I'm sure you'll get a few good one's soon

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo