Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Feb 2017 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Plenty of rain here and a strong south east wind. Good to see the rain but the surf isn't looking too good.

hope we get that rain tomorrow . the grass is chrunching under our feet its that dry.

no surf but had a quick paddle on the broady and dropped a pot in. Hopefully some sandies for dinner

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Feb 2017 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

smh said..
Plenty of rain here and a strong south east wind. Good to see the rain but the surf isn't looking too good.

hope we get that rain tomorrow . the grass is chrunching under our feet its that dry.

no surf but had a quick paddle on the broady and dropped a pot in. Hopefully some sandies for dinner

It's heading up the coast with the southerly so hope it gets there. My grass is the same . It's like a desert here. Couldn't wait any longer so paddled out into some sloppy knee to waist high lefts down at the local. I reckon I've had maybe 6 surfs in the last 2 months. Worst summer I can remember.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Feb 2017 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from some knee to shoulder high waves at the local. Got a few. Not bad but the wind came up a bit strong at the end.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Feb 2017 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice waves up this way by the look of it - took myself for a drive out to the beach and saw lots of people out there having far too much fun !

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Feb 2017 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Feb 2017 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Same Same but less crowded !

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Feb 2017 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Mac has half the photo missing with the crowds. It was a the usual zoo. High tide and it's longboard heaven and the shortys are just hoping for scraps good luck after that

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Feb 2017 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Mac has half the photo missing with the crowds. It was a the usual zoo. High tide and it's longboard heaven and the shortys are just hoping for scraps good luck after that

i agree the shortboarders go nuts on the mid to low then the longboarders have a crack.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
9 Feb 2017 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

is that pup about to give a short boarder a back tattoo....

thePup
13831 posts
9 Feb 2017 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

nah Baz - you learn early IF you surf there ..... do not sit shallow or halfway ..... that's asking to be belted by some out of control Hipster , legropeless missiles , spewballs , undies , bits of trees & jellys

Had many close calls countless , zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thePup
13831 posts
9 Feb 2017 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Actually , after you've grabbed the coffee or coke .... wander back along the coast 5 kays or so ...... you will come across a patch with a big fat elephants snout for a landmark ..... here you will discover pure entertainment filth ..... it makes Cooly look like a kindergarten

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Feb 2017 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely pumping on the points this morning just watched a guy get a wave from wide snapper into the beach at coolie and he didn't hold back.

One longboarder out and he was killing it.

Cobra
9106 posts
10 Feb 2017 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

About time we got some surf was about to give the boards away.
hottest summer for me back for a look at low tide.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Feb 2017 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

The wind is into it now I heard Burleigh and The Alley were maxing out about 2 hours ago and the super bank was the only place holding the swell.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Feb 2017 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

I think the place Jas hits up would be cranking

Cobra
9106 posts
10 Feb 2017 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Pics please

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Feb 2017 11:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Pics please

Exactly. These Queenslanders have been moaning about no swell all year - finally they get some - so where are the war stories and the pics !

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
11 Feb 2017 5:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..
Pics please

Exactly. These Queenslanders have been moaning about no swell all year - finally they get some - so where are the war stories and the pics !

Best left to the the shortboarders mate too full on for a longboard and at me age happy to sit it out until it settles.

thePup
13831 posts
11 Feb 2017 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

Onshore early scrambled a couple & gave it away - got bigger as it filled

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
11 Feb 2017 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..
Pics please

Been landlocked since Christmas. Surgery last Thursday, solid week of painkillers.

Appointment next week week with surgeon & start physio / rehab from there. Return to water unknown

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Feb 2017 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Know how you feel Dazzler - wishing you a speedy recovery

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
11 Feb 2017 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Watched a couple of longboarders at the Burleigh Circus...they got a few long rides ...just waiting for it to drop a bit ...probably tmorow ...

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
11 Feb 2017 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Lots of onshores last few days :( fortunately still frothing from an epic session midweek, but really, really need a good wave now!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
11 Feb 2017 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
Watched a couple of longboarders at the Burleigh Circus...they got a few long rides ...just waiting for it to drop a bit ...probably tmorow ...

It's cleaner this afternoon than this morning I too waiting until tomorrow

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
11 Feb 2017 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Had my 9'6" gun on a fun triple head high offshore Bombie. A few big peaks drops, a few wally ones. Had it to myself for an hour and a half. One horrible hold down when I went left when I should have gone right and tried to backdoor the north peak from the south peak, didn't make it, straightened out, held on until the foam rolled me over, then it tried to smother me. Climbed the leggie eventually and came up gasping.

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Feb 2017 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds awesome Drip, swells passing us lately...havn't had a decent wave since I left your area, although it has been the best summer ever imo...good to hear ya scoring

thePup
13831 posts
12 Feb 2017 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

wind was into it again early just got enough to say I had a surf

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
12 Feb 2017 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
didn't make it, straightened out, held on until the foam rolled me over, then it tried to smother me. Climbed the leggie eventually and came up gasping.

Yeah that does not sound like fun to me ! ! Glad you ok

thePup
13831 posts
13 Feb 2017 6:24AM
Thumbs Up

Did the early scored some really clean ones tide until filled it over , offshore too geez

thePup
13831 posts
13 Feb 2017 6:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dazzler75 said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..
Pics please

Been landlocked since Christmas. Surgery last Thursday, solid week of painkillers.

Appointment next week week with surgeon & start physio / rehab from there. Return to water unknown

missed this - head up & snout pointing straight ahead brother , you'll be back b4 ya know it

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo