Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Adapt
QLD, 723 posts
6 Feb 2016 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

+ 1 for Kirra today, think I may have got there a little late and used the wrong equipment but fun non the less

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Feb 2016 5:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Adapt said..
+ 1 for Kirra today, think I may have got there a little late and used the wrong equipment but fun non the less

Kirra its looking nice for a slide who's coming for a slide.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
7 Feb 2016 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Adapt said..

Kirra its looking nice for a slide who's coming for a slide.

Go get em tiger!

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Feb 2016 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

8.15 and we are done Kirra twice the size as yesterday well almost just Lacey on a CMC machine water unreal,crew good.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
7 Feb 2016 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from Kirra nice little wave hows the crowd factor gotta go week days hopefully less people

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Feb 2016 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Round 2 coming up.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
7 Feb 2016 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Go tomorrow morning

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
7 Feb 2016 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...
Go tomorrow morning

Mate just refuelled in coffee Lacey is buzzing

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
7 Feb 2016 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Took the belly board out today for a change of pace. Heaps of fun. got plenty and a few cover ups with every wave overhead. Rode a little reef break and sat right in tight where it was breaking. A nice change from the barge.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Feb 2016 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Finally found time for a wave this morning. Some nice little 3 footers until the high tide ruined it. New board went ok - needs more fin with that big tail borrowed a mates set of thrusters for the Occassion and it just felt too loose so struggled to push it too hard without spinning it out. Will have a hunt round for a better fun setup - all my futures sets are in Indo sadly. So might just have to put up with them for another 10 days or so. I think a quad setup will be the go.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Feb 2016 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

High tide killed here as well so I did a river paddle and had a nice swim. Will go and check it later.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Feb 2016 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

There are some awesome people in this world, Pat who fixed my board is one of them...thought this board was gonna be a banger. I've sold my log & I'm back on the SDR. Whoever would have thought this board would be looking so beautiful again and man does she feel so maneuverable after riding the log for 9 months.

Wind was not the best today, but no crowd & a a good size swell was epic fun on my old board...even with a dodgy C3 sore neck atm. Stoked

Hard to believe she looked like this last week

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
9 Feb 2016 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Funny how the crappiest wave can sometimes delivery the most fun....
Surfed the most popular surf club beach in town today, just below high tide...just me out on the mal and a guy on a foamy
2ft lefts and rights...not long, but just really fun, no real lines or banks, just a "plain Jane" wave but lots of them.
Loving life

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Feb 2016 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Sensational day, over head, no crowd & no wind...so good to be back on the Clearwater

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Feb 2016 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Sensational day, over head, no crowd & no wind...so good to be back on the Clearwater

Any photos after the repair?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Feb 2016 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Checked it this afternoon to find dribble with a south easter on it so went for a 1 1/2 hour paddle up the local river. I had it all to myself . Hard work but glad I done it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Feb 2016 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

I just worked today like most days of late. Left home at 4:45am. Got home at 6:30pm. Drive past the beach for that familiar vision of 1-2ft soft crap with a light onshore as I got back to base.

The joy of Sydney in the summer time. 3 more weeks until I surf again bit of fun to be had before hand though.

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Feb 2016 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

MickPC said..

Yes mate, that top photo is after the repair. If you look just above the CW insignia you can see a slightly darker yellow & then to the right of that another one from the double fin chop. Like I said Pat is a legend, did an awesome job getting the pigment very close to the original colour. Board looks close to new again & rides the same

Actually looks even better than the photo, its got a chinese wax job in that pic from the board going the wrong way into the board bag & sitting on the roof of the car while the missus & I did some food shopping. I dewaxed it completely after taking the pic, then went to take another pic & my phone battery had died.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
9 Feb 2016 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Which CW is it? Looks wicked. I have a soft spot for yellow boards after letting Tom Hote have is evil 60s throwback way with me a couple of times.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Feb 2016 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Just about to leave. The wind is finally from the right direction.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Feb 2016 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back and the tide had killed it. Banks are still pretty ordinary but I managed to get a few. The water is really warm

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Feb 2016 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

jbshack said..

MickPC said..

Yes mate, that top photo is after the repair. If you look just above the CW insignia you can see a slightly darker yellow & then to the right of that another one from the double fin chop. Like I said Pat is a legend, did an awesome job getting the pigment very close to the original colour. Board looks close to new again & rides the same

Actually looks even better than the photo, its got a chinese wax job in that pic from the board going the wrong way into the board bag & sitting on the roof of the car while the missus & I did some food shopping. I dewaxed it completely after taking the pic, then went to take another pic & my phone battery had died.

Oh sorry, i thought the first pick just had black tape over the repair.. Glad your happy with the repair..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
10 Feb 2016 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

jbshack said..

MickPC said..

Yellow is a bitch to match

SRrat
WA, 240 posts
10 Feb 2016 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Ah yes Tom Hoye and his " Yellow Zonkers"

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Feb 2016 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
Which CW is it? Looks wicked. I have a soft spot for yellow boards after letting Tom Hote have is evil 60s throwback way with me a couple of times.

Its a whalebone mate...I like yellow too. Funny the bloke I swapped one of my old boards for it said he wanted a green board when he ordered a custom. The fact it was yellow instead of green was one of the reasons I ended up having it

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Feb 2016 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Oh sorry, i thought the first pick just had black tape over the repair.. Glad your happy with the repair..

Cheers mate....yeah there is a soul surf shop sticker covering a repaired ding. But I've never seen it, the previous owner is responsible for that one

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Feb 2016 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Yellow is a bitch to match

Yeah I reckon pretty much any colour would be a bitch to match. He did a great job, you actually have to get the right light to see it. I had trouble finding it to show a mate in the surf the other day

Flight
NSW, 9 posts
11 Feb 2016 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Raglan, shoulder high, you guessed it, left. Such a great surf till filled up with people and tide.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
11 Feb 2016 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Swells up,just been watching Parko ripping at snapper on the cams.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
12 Feb 2016 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Not much happening here today fellas

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo