Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
4 Jan 2017 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Hot day today, was beautiful in the water. Few fun little waves on the longboard

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jan 2017 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LanceF said..

Macaha said...
Another road trip geez Pup should move and move into Lance's place

I take it your house is full

thePup
13831 posts
4 Jan 2017 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

we got a good little sesh in , actually we got two sessions in , lots of scenery to get the optics properly seated my god I am now a Brazilian Bikini convert big time .... Mangoes are cheap here , Blueberries abundant , V10's Goddard is a wave vacuum - easy paddle in

towball
4627 posts
4 Jan 2017 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
we got a good little sesh in , actually we got two sessions in , lots of scenery to get the optics properly seated my god I am now a Brazilian Bikini convert big time .... Mangoes are cheap here , Blueberries abundant , V10's Goddard is a wave vacuum - easy paddle in

Bastard

thePup
13831 posts
5 Jan 2017 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

hahahaha champion we got more this morning & it was a touch bigger + cleaner too - bloody filthy way to end the trip TB .... filthy I tell you son Vanders got a kegload of waves , the new girl handles pretty much everything with a big unit pushing it , easy money that board.

3 good surfs & a few mates no crowd (well until they saw us gathering in the Marbles ) ..... ka-ching

PS- cheers Fish , bloody legend wicked to dice & slice ém with ya !

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
5 Jan 2017 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Fastest road trip in the west Pup.

thePup
13831 posts
5 Jan 2017 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Yar mate - V was frothing to give the newy a workout (it's a winner) so we nicked off down , worth every penny

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Jan 2017 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from waist high bumpy dribble. Very forgettable but I still snagged a few. Probably my first surf in nearly two weeks. I was getting pretty desperate.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
5 Jan 2017 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Quantity has knackered me, yesterday was small, today was bigger and cleaner with a few shoulder high sets to make things interesting.
No crowds alone makes the drive worthwhile. Pup was like a pig in a trough, pulled off some crackers and he had some nice carving cutbacks on show for all to see.

The new XXX is a keeper too, put a new 10-1/2" Alkali 'George' fin in it and it works just nicely.

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Jan 2017 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Well they certainly got the swell forecast wrong today, not big enough for the shortboard yet alone the longboard. Had to pop home for the 666 to run the light onshore treadmill. Shared a few waves with 3 adult dolphins & a baby. Scared the crapola out of me when they first appeared screaming along right at me when I was paddling into a wave. They were loving it

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
5 Jan 2017 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

Quantity has knackered me, yesterday was small, today was bigger and cleaner with a few shoulder high sets to make things interesting.
No crowds alone makes the drive worthwhile. Pup was like a pig in a trough, pulled off some crackers and he had some nice carving cutbacks on show for all to see.

The new XXX is a keeper too, put a new 10-1/2" Alkali 'George' fin in it and it works just nicely.

That would have so much drive it would be ridiculous!

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
5 Jan 2017 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Well they certainly got the swell forecast wrong today, not big enough for the shortboard yet alone the longboard. Had to pop home for the 666 to run the light onshore treadmill. Shared a few waves with 3 adult dolphins & a baby. Scared the crapola out of me when they first appeared screaming along right at me when I was paddling into a wave. They were loving it

hahaha Mick,Ive had that happen,I was down at Boomerang and this dolphin first appeared coming towards me not side on.I crapped meself for that second or so,then they were just having a play,got heaps of dolphins here at various times of the year,it really makes the place good

^Lookin good V

and glad you and Pup had a good trip

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
5 Jan 2017 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

That would have so much drive it would be ridiculous!

Yeah, had no trouble shooting down the line that's for sure.

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Jan 2017 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

MickPC said..

hahaha Mick,Ive had that happen,I was down at Boomerang and this dolphin first appeared coming towards me not side on.I crapped meself for that second or so,then they were just having a play,got heaps of dolphins here at various times of the year,it really makes the place good

^Lookin good V

and glad you and Pup had a good trip

I was kinda on edge a tiny bit coz I'd briefly spotted a fin out back a few mins before & had not yet identified what it was. Then this first dolphin comes full pelt at me, not just wave catching speed, fully screaming along haha...I'm usually able to identify them before they start surfing with us

towball
4627 posts
5 Jan 2017 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
hahahaha champion we got more this morning & it was a touch bigger + cleaner too - bloody filthy way to end the trip TB .... filthy I tell you son Vanders got a kegload of waves , the new girl handles pretty much everything with a big unit pushing it , easy money that board.

3 good surfs & a few mates no crowd (well until they saw us gathering in the Marbles ) ..... ka-ching

PS- cheers Fish , bloody legend wicked to dice & slice ém with ya !

Tell you what I was officially unemployed on the 4th well that lasted 2&1/2 hrs phone rang had a job gizzie thinks I'm unlucky

LanceF
NSW, 249 posts
5 Jan 2017 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

What a great couple of days, offshore all day, nice surf to go with it, a great time was had by all, the crew won!!
The V12 goes great, caught heaps without being greedy.....fantastic!!!

thePup
13831 posts
5 Jan 2017 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhhh mate - well put the coin in the Surfpiggy Bank , we have a spot to show you in God's Backyard ..... you may very well like surfing there TB .... trust me it's nice ....... and for gawd's sake don't bust a gizzard (sorry for the Pun Giz geez) you most handsome NZ bastard , plane rides are sh!te if yer injured champion

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Jan 2017 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Back at work today but I did a drive by and it looked really nice. Clean waist to chest high and I'm at work I've got 8 days off from Wednesday though so hoping for better days ahead. Roll on Autumn.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Jan 2017 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Fun sliders across the border...but a bit burnt though

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
6 Jan 2017 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Roguish. 4-5'. Hard work but good ones available. I got wave of the day (when blokes you don't know are still talking about it an hour later it's wave if the day) so pretty stoked.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Jan 2017 12:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
Roguish. 4-5'. Hard work but good ones available. I got wave of the day (when blokes you don't know are still talking about it an hour later it's wave if the day) so pretty stoked.

Bonies Drip?

thePup
13831 posts
7 Jan 2017 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Sadly no surf today it was pure crapolation , got worse by the moment

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jan 2017 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Wave after wave for the first hour from my own inside bubble well away from the pack. But then the tide came up & farked it & then the wind came in & fully farked it. Some bloody good waves in that first hour though

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
7 Jan 2017 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Really fun day with Dave Basher. Small and clean. 1 to 2 foot and lined up. Should have taken the Noosa 66 but the McCoy mal was awesome. And thanks again Pup, that Shapers dolphin fin is magic! !

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
7 Jan 2017 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear you're into it Dave, hoping to be down there again soon, this time I'll incorporate a weekend.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
7 Jan 2017 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Not much on offer here this morning ,so laps in the ocean pool was on the cards
only one more day of hols then back to work ....

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
7 Jan 2017 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..
Really fun day with Dave Basher. Small and clean. 1 to 2 foot and lined up. Should have taken the Noosa 66 but the McCoy mal was awesome. And thanks again Pup, that Shapers dolphin fin is magic! !

Sounds good,that Pup fella knows his fins

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jan 2017 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

as above for gold coast...it was ****. I am intrested in hearing if it did get good and clean up for a while as per the surf report of swellnet? I really cant see how after what I looked at

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
7 Jan 2017 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

I don't think it cleaned up all that much, Burleigh was ok today Single Fin comp, Matts mate was in it and going ok until Parko smashed him

thePup
13831 posts
7 Jan 2017 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Beachies looked surfable at random moments but then the next few big fat foamy toblerones rolled in & blew those thoughts to shizz farken horrible not worth the sandy marshmallowy bashing

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo