Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Aug 2012 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Sitting at the carpark opposite yelo. Had a look around and it's all rubbish. Thought today might have been alright but clearly wrong on that one.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
25 Aug 2012 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

timing was of the essence today. get it wrong and you were surrounded by crowds. got some alright ones today. the rip banks providing all the fun. stupid contest on at trigg south, taking the best bank and finishing literally 5 mins before the onshore hit. grrr got some fun speed runs though.

Zuke
901 posts
25 Aug 2012 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Today, enjoy.

Reflex Films
WA, 1445 posts
25 Aug 2012 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...

timing was of the essence today. get it wrong and you were surrounded by crowds. got some alright ones today. the rip banks providing all the fun. stupid contest on at trigg south, taking the best bank and finishing literally 5 mins before the onshore hit. grrr got some fun speed runs though.

some of the trickiest set ups i have seen - i was in a similar area - a bit further south - also got one of the best rights i have ever had in the metro area in 20 years of surfing - but it was a freak wave that found and ran along 2 contour lines - and was formed by a firehosing rip combined with the odd weird swell angle (with a bit of a seabreeze chop wedge running down it) - dynamic for sure.

WTF was with that comp ? - just looked like a bunch of amateurs claiming a bank to me- wasnt much skill on offer- maybe i missed the best action..

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
25 Aug 2012 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Today, enjoy.

Oh... shut it

sparki
WA, 410 posts
25 Aug 2012 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

noiiice! there were guys of all age groups. they're just lucky coz a few people were drifting close to the competitors (including me) at times. but yeah, it looked like one of the most amateurish setups for a comp that you could possibly have. lucky perth surfers realise there a courtesy issue to be associated with comps, otherwise im sure that would have been the most crowded bank aside from point packed.

surferstu
1011 posts
25 Aug 2012 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...

noiiice! there were guys of all age groups. they're just lucky coz a few people were drifting close to the competitors (including me) at times. but yeah, it looked like one of the most amateurish setups for a comp that you could possibly have. lucky perth surfers realise there a courtesy issue to be associated with comps, otherwise im sure that would have been the most crowded bank aside from point packed.

Why should they get priority, everyone works their guts out to get by and wants to get their quota of waves.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
25 Aug 2012 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

How big zuke?

Zuke
901 posts
26 Aug 2012 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

How big zuke?

Geez, red thumbs swalkington. PM sent.

TimKay
752 posts
26 Aug 2012 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...

That is a really good idea of scoring uncrowded waves in the city
Get a few mates together, pack a big tent, a few colored vests, megaphone, clipboards then go choose the best bank on the beach
Make it look semi official and no one would know
Who cares if it's legit or not as long as your pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and scoring a few waves

sparki
WA, 410 posts
26 Aug 2012 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

surferstu said...

sparki said...

Why should they get priority, everyone works their guts out to get by and wants to get their quota of waves.

that's exactly the issue. that's why i say they're lucky perth surfers seem to have a predisposed 'respect' for competition in that they automatically stay away. strange thing is that i was surfing scabs a few months ago and there was a booger contest on and they actually asked people to move aside if they got within 10m or so. then again, there were also sponsors flags and everything up. on this occasion, no sponsor flags and people got close and weren't called away, but eventually went away anyway.

theoretically we could go and do exactly the same thing. but id prefer not to be that much of a d1ckhead.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Aug 2012 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

First time back in the water this morning. Knackered!!! A couple of months out of the water is not good.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Aug 2012 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...

surferstu said...

sparki said...

that's exactly the issue. that's why i say they're lucky perth surfers seem to have a predisposed 'respect' for competition in that they automatically stay away. strange thing is that i was surfing scabs a few months ago and there was a booger contest on and they actually asked people to move aside if they got within 10m or so. then again, there were also sponsors flags and everything up. on this occasion, no sponsor flags and people got close and weren't called away, but eventually went away anyway.

theoretically we could go and do exactly the same thing. but id prefer not to be that much of a d1ckhead.

The bank wasnt that good!

sparki
WA, 410 posts
26 Aug 2012 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

sparki said...

surferstu said...

sparki said...

The bank wasnt that good!

it was the best in the general vicinity. everything else half decent it seemed was a rip bank.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Oh well it's a big beach.

katana
WA, 644 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

First time back in the water this morning. Knackered!!! A couple of months out of the water is not good.

did it get heaps smaller after we left

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

I gave it another 1/2 hour where we were and nothing decent came through. Went back up the beach and got a few more there, nothing flash but it was great to get wet again.

Zuke
901 posts
27 Aug 2012 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Nice and clean on the beaches this morning. Very light offshore/glass off with chest to shoulder high lefts and rights coming through. It was pretty random but there were good ones coming through if you were in the right place at the right time. Nearly no one out too so there was plenty of room to paddle up and down chasing the peaks.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Aug 2012 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Nice and clean on the beaches this morning. Very light offshore/glass off with chest to shoulder high lefts and rights coming through. It was pretty random but there were good ones coming through if you were in the right place at the right time. Nearly no one out too so there was plenty of room to paddle up and down chasing the peaks.

I was keen but they reported westerlies[}:)]

Bugger its been over a month for me know

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Aug 2012 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

solid this morning. glassy. sharky.
didn't feel like Perth.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
29 Aug 2012 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Yep. Trigg was pretty good all morning, plenty of sunlight at first before the big clouds came in. Some big sets, lumpy as **** but glassy. Way too many crew out though.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
29 Aug 2012 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Just went for a treadlie past... Trigg Point and Ampitheatre the pick; although there's a light westerly the wave faces are pretty clean and the set waves are over head. Not too many out, but the tradies and early finishers are starting to turn up.

Toms and Mettams rights too rocky (out of the water).

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Aug 2012 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

^^^
Just went for a treadlie past... Trigg Point and Ampitheatre the pick; although there's a light westerly the wave faces are pretty clean and the set waves are over head. Not too many out, but the tradies and early finishers are starting to turn up.

Toms and Mettams rights too rocky (out of the water).

Plenty of nice banks south beachie, nice size as well

sparki
WA, 410 posts
30 Aug 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

apparently HEAPS of people out though...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Aug 2012 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't too bad. I went out south of the point today and there were plenty of waves on offer. Didn't have the size of yesterday but much less backwash.

Bertie
NSW, 1351 posts
30 Aug 2012 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

I got some fun ones thismorning at Toms right. Not very big though
pretty shallow on the inside however.

Zuke
901 posts
30 Aug 2012 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Today, enjoy.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
30 Aug 2012 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Today, enjoy.

At least, that's what's going through my mind every time I paddle out these days. Today, yesterday, all week, etc.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Aug 2012 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

hahaha, that's how I feel about seeing Chinese drivers when I'm driving to the beach.

Zuke
901 posts
30 Aug 2012 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ You poor bastard Legion. Is it getting any easier at all?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie