Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Nov 2012 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
^^^^ My spies tell me there were five out at fuall's spot and it was OK.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Nov 2012 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Injector pump started leaking on my Toyota...been fixing that...no waves for me

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Nov 2012 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Injector pump started leaking on my Toyota...been fixing that...no waves for me

If you need a seal kit just PM me and I will see what I can do, I have Toyota right next door to me

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Nov 2012 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers mate, already picked up a rebuild kit. Figured if I take out the pump, I may aswell do the timing belt...if I'm doing that I should also do the oil pump....oh, and why not drop the gearbox and do the rear main seal also...

At least the car was free haha

Thank God I have another car to go surfing in.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
29 Nov 2012 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Geez lucky you didn't get a Landrover instead Suba, unreliable buggers those things.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Nov 2012 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

haha yeah, I did always want that SIII with a TDI dropped in it, but a turbo diesel Toyota with less than 200K was given to me, free of charge. No problems so far, except the leaky pump...which I blame on the 5hitty Australian low-sulphur diesel more than anything else

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
30 Nov 2012 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^
Would prefer a Toyota with 200k on the clock than a new landrover anyday. Had a landrover once, used to call it a loungerover coz it was so comfortable. If only the damn thing would actually work....sad thing is I sold it for a jeep to get better reliability and I bet you can guess how that ended up. Am now a Toyota owner.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Nov 2012 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...
^^^^^^
Would prefer a Toyota with 200k on the clock than a new landrover anyday. Had a landrover once, used to call it a loungerover coz it was so comfortable. If only the damn thing would actually work....sad thing is I sold it for a jeep to get better reliability and I bet you can guess how that ended up. Am now a Toyota owner.

He bought a Jeep

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Nov 2012 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

im just about to buy one ?not for me a mate overseas any one got a cheap toyota or wagon for sale?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Nov 2012 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

katana said...
im just about to buy one ?not for me a mate overseas any one got a cheap toyota or wagon for sale?

What are you chasing exactly? Landcruiser?

Dont buy a Jeep!!

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Nov 2012 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

he just needs a reliable wagon not nessarily 4wd up to $2000

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Nov 2012 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

katana said...
he just needs a reliable wagon not nessarily 4wd up to $2000

We have nothing here at that price, our used cars start from 10k.

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
30 Nov 2012 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Dont buy a Jeep!!

+1

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
30 Nov 2012 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hamsta said...
I wouldn't get too excited. I suspect by the time the wind abates and co-operates there will be very little swell left around Perth

Correct!!

Did a run down to ST's and could not believe it... barely waist high; chest at best and mushy to boot... what a waste of petrol

[and 16 crew out, with another 4 or 5 in their cars contemplating joining them]

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
30 Nov 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Well, resealed the injector pump this morning. All seams good...
Looks like a week of surfing is still on the cards for me

newguy
654 posts
30 Nov 2012 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Hamsta said...
I wouldn't get too excited. I suspect by the time the wind abates and co-operates there will be very little swell left around Perth

Correct!!

Did a run down to ST's and could not believe it... barely waist high; chest at best and mushy to boot... what a waste of petrol

I know what you mean. Morning wasn't too bad with the swell a bit bigger. I went down and hung around towards the beachies end and picked off some ridable ones. Too many out towards the other end and every time I looked, didn't seem like anyone was getting anything. Pretty stoked though, my board has finally come to life as a twin fin! Now to learn how to make late and steep take offs without that centre fin!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
30 Nov 2012 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...
GPA said...
Hamsta said...

Correct!!

I know what you mean. Morning wasn't too bad with the swell a bit bigger. I went down and hung around towards the beachies end and picked off some ridable ones. Too many out towards the other end and every time I looked, didn't seem like anyone was getting anything. Pretty stoked though, my board has finally come to life as a twin fin! Now to learn how to make late and steep take offs without that centre fin!

I was there at 10:00am - watched for 20min and went "Nah... not worth getting the wettie wet for..."

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
30 Nov 2012 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

How can this be true? I've just been outside getting my quiver together.... and there's no surf?!
But SB's forecast is for 3+ metre swell tomorrow!

I want a refund!!

Zuke
901 posts
1 Dec 2012 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^Hey Buster, 2M swell and a light offshore this morning. Surely you scored some waves?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
1 Dec 2012 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

My wordy lordy yes. Until the hoards found me.

TimKay
752 posts
1 Dec 2012 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...

You must be the pied piper
Get those fins whistling and the kooks will be beside you, inside you and on top of you
If its an empty beach they will hone in on your bank that your sitting on by yourself and hassle the shi!! out of you

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
1 Dec 2012 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

TimKay said...
Buster fin said...

You must be the pied piper
Get those fins whistling and the kooks will be beside you, inside you and on top of you
If its an empty beach they will hone in on your bank that your sitting on by yourself and hassle the shi!! out of you

Ahhhh, you know my pain. And that's not just from the kooks inside of me.

katana
WA, 644 posts
2 Dec 2012 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

sailed at 4.30 yesterday to score one of those mythical waves that hardly ever works only to get there and find the swell was not doing its bit had an pic session not far from there nearly perfect left and right pits for three + hours no one out till lunch

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Dec 2012 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Mongrel. I drove about for a couple hours and went home dry.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
2 Dec 2012 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Heading north.

Zuke
901 posts
2 Dec 2012 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...
Mongrel. I drove about for a couple hours and went home dry.

I would have thought that big w would have been good yesterday morning smicko?

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
2 Dec 2012 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Fat Burgers at Trigg... plenty of mals out. Party wave with six or seven on it, but it didn't matter as you had to go straight to keep going...

paulford
WA, 312 posts
2 Dec 2012 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

4m Tiger just cleared leighton, i had been in for a swim. Im glad i felt the need to get out of the way of the SUP newbies when i did so.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
2 Dec 2012 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

It's that time of the year for Tiger Sharks.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
2 Dec 2012 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Triggs camera still showing bombs!

Bugger.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie