Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
quirkus
WA, 322 posts
16 Jun 2013 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

You're a brave man to go there on a weekend quirky, if it's where I think. Crowded enough midweek. Must've been small.

Bit bigger today!,, no seaweed, hardly a breeze, but at least 20 crew,, not counting the 25 at the other break 50 meters south....
The guns seemed to have it under control,, but even a few of them left in disgust I think, someone muttered 'need some traffic signals.. '

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
16 Jun 2013 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Yes GPA, the odd ripper was under compensation for the beatings received. Still glad to get out there though.

I'm surprised I didn't see Zuke out there...

katana
WA, 644 posts
16 Jun 2013 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

scored solid double head + fair few crew out 13plus a couple of 666 boards lots of beatings handed out luckily i didnt cop any but had to rescue a couple with the boat epic conditions 9/10

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
16 Jun 2013 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like a really secret spot
Bring on the pics.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Jun 2013 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Got my arse handed to me a few more times then i'd care to mention Heat bag on neck as i type thanks to the wave of the day trying to cut my head of whilst scrambling back out Got a couple of bueit waves as well..But is was big, nasty and angry.Moving quick and when it hit the inside section it chucked up stood twice its size. Im unashamed to say i pulled on back at an alarming rate

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
16 Jun 2013 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

Your local Rod?
Gotta say it's by far the heaviest "sorta" beachie in Perth.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Jun 2013 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

Your local Rod?
Gotta say it's by far the heaviest "sorta" beachie in Perth.

Yeah. When it gets bigger it just turns into some sort of monster. Having surfed it the day before and praying for anything bigger we underestimated it when we paddled straight back out yesterday..

If you know it then you'd know the rocks in the middle. Well i managed to be paddling straight back out over the top when a bomb set stood up. I could hear the cheers from all around as i tried to duck dive it as it hit me fair square in the neck. But stuck on the rock, i couldn't penetrate to duck dive or chuck the board so just wore it..Came out the other side to my surprise but yeah it was unpleasant..For me, everyone else loved it

If you ever up that way let me know..

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
17 Jun 2013 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Hey jb I think smicko has gone into retirement he works to hard these days

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Jun 2013 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kneeling said..

Sounds like it. How'd you go SUnday Morning Second win in a row for our boys and they all started to get very cocky Wait till i explain they were playing mostly yr three's

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
17 Jun 2013 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kneeling said..

How's the knee hopalong?

Kneeling
WA, 166 posts
17 Jun 2013 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Very sore and swollen mate but its getting there bring on Chrissy

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Jun 2013 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone getting anything?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
20 Jun 2013 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Anyone getting anything?

International Surfing Day today as well

Not me sadly

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Jun 2013 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

I got in the water today surfing moosh at mettams but that's about it for the past few weeks

Indo again in a few weeks. Just got my taliwagon back together this afternoon so I think I need to get out of Perth and find something.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
20 Jun 2013 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
I got in the water today surfing moosh at mettams but that's about it for the past few weeks

Indo again in a few weeks. Just got my taliwagon back together this afternoon so I think I need to get out of Perth and find something.

Mate just got back from Bali, sent me some nice pics. I will try and put them up tomorrow.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Jun 2013 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

My mate asked me to sail his boat back to Freo from Sumatra, leaving next week. 6 week trip, surfing along the way.

....and I can't spare 6 weeks. 5 I could do...not 6. Feels bad man.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Jun 2013 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

My mate asked me to sail his boat back to Freo from Sumatra, leaving next week. 6 week trip, surfing along the way.

....and I can't spare 6 weeks. 5 I could do...not 6. Feels bad man.

6 weeks, that a slow sail

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
21 Jun 2013 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

There would be lots of stopping to go surfing along the way.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Jun 2013 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

I checked my local today and its officially now on my off list. Not enough sand and just rubbish. My question is are the beaches still breaking in this super small swell Anyone

PM is fine...

Looking for close to me spots for early morning surfs, before work.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
21 Jun 2013 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

My taliwagon is moving under it's own steam (read: diesel) this morning! I'm going to go look (with the knowledge I will not find) some waves today.
Spandex drive, coffee and good music and sunshine...the price I have to pay.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
21 Jun 2013 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

I checked my local today and its officially now on my off list. Not enough sand and just rubbish. My question is are the beaches still breaking in this super small swell Anyone

PM is fine...

Looking for close to me spots for early morning surfs, before work.

Irrelevant given the forecast.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
21 Jun 2013 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

mmm,,, yeah unless you like seaweed.. !

every man and his dog going to have their tongues hanging out for mid next week.

Now to find a secluded novel break that only works on a big swell, that few know about !

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
21 Jun 2013 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said..
mmm,,, yeah unless you like seaweed.. !

every man and his dog going to have their tongues hanging out for mid next week.

Now to find a secluded novel break that only works on a big swell, that few know about !

Haha, good luck

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
21 Jun 2013 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

I got a good little theory on scoring good local waves, a bit of thinking outside the square is all you need! Scored plenty the last few times the forecast was similar to this.

Having a few craft at your disposal also helps!

Razzonater
2224 posts
21 Jun 2013 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

After consulting Huey and having a bite of seaweed dried from the best surf ever whilst clicking my heels three times and doing the shaman wookie call to endor, I received a religious vision it was that next Thursday will be pumping as will Friday .
banks will of improved my vision tells me waves will be optimum solstice moon phase normally sorts things out. Book the time off work now. You have been warned

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
22 Jun 2013 12:11AM
Thumbs Up

Agreed, cheers Razz!

Hey if everyone just remembers they are not the only one frothing for good waves it can be happy days , love calling people in and then being called in - you can enjoy a crowd if you just relax a bit.

Yeow!

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
22 Jun 2013 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

After consulting Huey and having a bite of seaweed dried from the best surf ever whilst clicking my heels three times and doing the shaman wookie call to endor, I received a religious vision it was that next Thursday will be pumping as will Friday .
banks will of improved my vision tells me waves will be optimum solstice moon phase normally sorts things out. Book the time off work now. You have been warned

You buyin' it over the net Razz,, or you have a local supply?

Razzonater
2224 posts
22 Jun 2013 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

I just normally inhale air that generally gives me a pretty good feeling, air of barrels in indo, air of barrels maldives, etc etc, next thursday it will be air of barrels western australia undisclosed location, you need a boat, a board, and the desire to get pummelled into the reef a couple times. but the reward................................ thursday game day

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
23 Jun 2013 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said...
I just normally inhale air that generally gives me a pretty good feeling, air of barrels in indo, air of barrels maldives, etc etc, next thursday it will be air of barrels western australia undisclosed location, you need a boat, a board, and the desire to get pummelled into the reef a couple times. but the reward................................ thursday game day

Give us some photos if you score razz ....

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Jun 2013 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

photos will be taken ill put a couple up

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie