Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
smicko
WA, 2503 posts
22 Dec 2013 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Good doogz Chrispy, it's been farken woeful over this side.

Waveless
VIC, 117 posts
22 Dec 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

The afternoon onshores have offered some type of reprieve. Big enough but unfortunately waves with shape are a needle in the haystack of closing out mush...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Dec 2013 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

^^^^^
If you haven't surfed since mid oct...you have actually missed 3 or 4 pulses of fun waves. Don't always rely / believe the seabreeze forecast !!

Yeah - I know. Did a 2wk family holiday OS - got a prolonged ear infection that kept me out for 3wks and was studying to finish a Diploma... my available time and the conditions just didn't line up for me - even when I got my arse out of bed at 5:30am for the mid week early - believe me I have been checking...

It'll probably come good in late Jan - just when I go in for the Surfers Ear op....

katana
WA, 644 posts
22 Dec 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

^^^^^
If you haven't surfed since mid oct...you have actually missed 3 or 4 pulses of fun waves. Don't always rely / believe the seabreeze forecast !!

Yeah - I know. Did a 2wk family holiday OS - got a prolonged ear infection that kept me out for 3wks and was studying to finish a Diploma... my available time and the conditions just didn't line up for me - even when I got my arse out of bed at 5:30am for the mid week early - believe me I have been checking...

It'll probably come good in late Jan - just when I go in for the Surfers Ear op....

hey gaz who"s doin the your ear drilling

katana
WA, 644 posts
22 Dec 2013 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

today had to be the flattest ive ever seen offshore at least I got plenty of crays for chrisy and hopefully my first real surf on the day

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Dec 2013 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..

GPA said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

^^^^^

hey gaz who"s doin the your ear drilling

Howdy Dave, Mr Phillip Fisher, getting it done down at Glengarry - 21st Jan. Second time - same ear (about 20yrs apart). Left ear is fine?? Lost all hearing on the RHS at the moment, it's giving me the sh!ts...

katana
WA, 644 posts
22 Dec 2013 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^
don't you hate that Gaz I had five rebores from Phillip fisher in the past 12 years he knows his Stuff

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
23 Dec 2013 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

0.3m swell on naturalist buoy. Doesn't get any flatter. Great beach weather though.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
23 Dec 2013 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Went for a pleasant fish in the river yesterday morning, beautiful conditions - you cant really lose in WA - windy and no swell just means you go fishing! I see there will be a sniff of waves around xmas - funny how that always happens!

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
23 Dec 2013 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
you cant really lose in WA - windy and no swell just means you go fishing!

Fishing sucks when it's windy. You know what's good to do when it's windy though....... a wind sport.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
23 Dec 2013 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Just got into Bali this morning.
Let's just say it was a very hectic sailing trip to get here, tropical cyclones, running aground on a reef and just all round an exhausting experience

Weather here is 5hit, way too windy. Going to fly home in a couple of days. Sorry guys, unless we get something decent tomorrow there will be no surfing pics hahaha. Sailing pics I can do.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Dec 2013 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Went to go swimming with family and ended up surfing with kids in knee high fun for nearly three hours. Water was amazing

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2013 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Just got into Bali this morning.
Let's just say it was a very hectic sailing trip to get here, tropical cyclones, running aground on a reef and just all round an exhausting experience

Weather here is 5hit, way too windy. Going to fly home in a couple of days. Sorry guys, unless we get something decent tomorrow there will be no surfing pics hahaha. Sailing pics I can do.

A hippy couple from the Eyre Peninsula used to do an annual trip on their cat every year up until about 5 years ago when they almost died in massive seas. Another mates done it a few times also on a cat almost twice the size...its not a trip for the faint hearted from what I've heard.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
24 Dec 2013 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
...its not a trip for the faint hearted from what I've heard.

I can certainly vouch for that. It could have been far far worse but yeah, rough going. One of the ladies on C.I. films for the media (boat people stuff) and she filmed us loading 80 jerry cans of diesel and 40 jerry cans of water onto the yacht (there are no facilities on C.I. for small vessels) in absolutely heaving swell...using our tender to charge through the breakers to the emergency mooring. She sent me the footage but the net here in so slow in Indo I can't view it. Hopefully can share it in a few days.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
25 Dec 2013 1:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..

Souwester said..
you cant really lose in WA - windy and no swell just means you go fishing!

Fishing sucks when it's windy. You know what's good to do when it's windy though....... a wind sport.

Our old rock fishing mantra was "if the winds not in your face, you're not in the race". :D

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
25 Dec 2013 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Overhead glassy pits this morning....only 2 others out.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
25 Dec 2013 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

Overhead glassy pits this morning....only 2 others out.

Not at Trigg... at least 100 people in the water at 8:30am. Even Mettams had 20+ out... including one bloke in a Santa suit

Merry Christmas...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
26 Dec 2013 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hope you're all getting salty over the break even if just for a swim.
I got back to perth and haven't stopped sleeping really.

Happy holidays to my mates and 'rivals' alike ;-)

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
27 Dec 2013 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

I'm starting to get a bit of a chubby.
It's been a while.

Oldmate78
172 posts
28 Dec 2013 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
28 Dec 2013 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun ones this morning.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
28 Dec 2013 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Very windy and rippy at a northern beachie. Shoulder to head in the sets, but just impossible to hold your spot. Not many good rides being had by anyone.

katana
WA, 644 posts
28 Dec 2013 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

not all time but great conditions offshore uncrowded 5/10

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
28 Dec 2013 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Is that ya board size rehab or rating for waves

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Dec 2013 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Loving down south. Small but loads of fun with hours each day..

Oldmate78
172 posts
30 Dec 2013 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Drove around this morning and the crowd was just mind blowing....not really much point...iced coffee at the caves convenience store was all time though...

Waveless
VIC, 117 posts
31 Dec 2013 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Surprised by a bit of swell yesterday arvo. Went for a drive down through the reefies and managed to score some reformed Leighton outer reef waves all to myself. Surprised it was even breaking. Onshore wind was 'just' about bearable.

agnak
311 posts
31 Dec 2013 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Happy New Year chargers...

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
3 Jan 2014 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hit up a wave I haven't surfed for donkeys this morning, remembered why I used to like it so much. Three hours of double overhead (for a kneelo) ledgey lefts and I'm pretty much knackered. Some classic little groms out there.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
3 Jan 2014 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Where was my call bastardo?????

Scarborough fun closeouts very shallow but at least plenty of summer scenery

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie