Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Jan 2015 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..
Did the drive by this morning, heaps of swell. Anyone get decent waves with the low tide?

Got up as the wind was lighter than predicted. Checked my local but tide was too low. Wind was still causing a bit of funk so went back to bed expecting it to come in stronger. It hasn't really and as tide has come in should get better, but sadly work rules the life

Ive had a new board for over a month with out getting it wet..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Jan 2015 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Meanwhile a nice shot from Clarke Little..

I would love to be watching this first hand

sparki
WA, 410 posts
22 Jan 2015 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

yep! probably the rare swell angle, but surprisingly a few tasty wedges at the northern beach bank i visited. few turns, little shack, speed runs - bit of variety. managed a turn that i haven't found a peaky enough wave to do in a while - getting the nose up to 12 o'clock. satisfaction! surprised the southerly didn't deteriorate it as easily as it usually does.

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Jan 2015 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone anything of note?...... Nothing to report? Me no joy

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
23 Jan 2015 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Joy has gone on holidays.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Jan 2015 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

I keep seeing picks from down south that look amazing

Its shame we don't get many reports from that end of town, i mean everyone knows there are waves but its nice sometimes to know people are enjoying them, whilst I'm stuck at work and in the metro area..

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
23 Jan 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Tried two spot nth of perth Sth of gingin over the last two days....no real joy (have heard she's on holidays??) sweet potato made them do able but not what was expected and forecast.......eastern states based forecasters still talking of N/NW swell trains??????????

at least I wasn't working I suppose

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Jan 2015 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
I keep seeing picks from down south that look amazing

Its shame we don't get many reports from that end of town, i mean everyone knows there are waves but its nice sometimes to know people are enjoying them, whilst I'm stuck at work and in the metro area..

I won't start a new thread, but i have had a company approach me for advertising that i thought may be of interest to people secret/out of the way spots. This company is looking to set up Spot surf cams around (and a few not surf) the state and they are selling advertising on their pages to draw money. First step is three or four cams to be set up at Rotto giving live updates Nice for people like me who don't get time to travel so much, but it may not be so welcome to the locals at those areas..

Oh and no i won't be adverting on their page, thats what i use SB for

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Jan 2015 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of fun surfs at my local. Novelty at best, but first time to try out the Vanguard (4 weeks and not yet tried it ) anyway in small hip high waves wasn't expecting any thing really, i was just curious how the nearly 5 litres of less volume would float me. Well very happy to say it paddled every bit as well as my other board, caught waves no issue and driving along with my weight. Actually really can't wait for some better waves to give it a real test.

Sweet Potato made even easier work of Mondays dribble

What is it about small days though, ended up on my arse on the reef, hitting my head on the sand and a massive bruise to my heal that is now oozing blood all over the house

The big highlight was the Freo skate ramp on Sunday arvo. That place goes off and the locals were going even harder..

Zuke
901 posts
27 Jan 2015 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Shared the stoke with a fellow 'breezer today. Caught a feed of fish while the wind dropped off, then had a great glass off session. The wind swung after a while but stayed light so it was still clean. Then the clouds rolled in and the water turned black then I heard "It's getting too spooky for me so I'm going back to the boat", then he was gone. I caught a couple more waves then got a glimpse of something, not sure what so I headed in too. As I climbed into the boat I hear "There's a fin about 10metres away but I'm not sure what it is". I had a look but it was gone, then he got another glimpse of it so we both scoured the area and after a couple of minutes I see it, further away, just behind the peak where you sit waiting for the sets. A bloody big shark fin cruising along. It felt good being back in the boat and I had caught enough waves anyway.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
27 Jan 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a cracker spot considering what was on offer today. Too bad about the gatekeeper showing up. Some good grom size ones for my kids this morning on the local beachies.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Jan 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
Shared the stoke with a fellow 'breezer today. Caught a feed of fish while the wind dropped off, then had a great glass off session. The wind swung after a while but stayed light so it was still clean. Then the clouds rolled in and the water turned black then I heard "It's getting too spooky for me so I'm going back to the boat", then he was gone. I caught a couple more waves then got a glimpse of something, not sure what so I headed in too. As I climbed into the boat I hear "There's a fin about 10metres away but I'm not sure what it is". I had a look but it was gone, then he got another glimpse of it so we both scoured the area and after a couple of minutes I see it, further away, just behind the peak where you sit waiting for the sets. A bloody big shark fin cruising along. It felt good being back in the boat and I had caught enough waves anyway.

Holly crap..Nice wave and even better to be in the boat

moohan
WA, 147 posts
27 Jan 2015 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

One pic of my youngest (20 months), and one of my eldest (8) enjoying todays conditions. Pics by www.dgoceanimagery.com

mazdon
1196 posts
28 Jan 2015 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

hell yeah! thats awesome moohan, nice little grom waves too -who am i kidding - would take that mid summer any day in perth on the funboard!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Jan 2015 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

A very loverly one and half hours this arvo till dark with waves running sideways to the beach.. Only small but so much fun with only two other guys out, me and my son

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:17AM
Thumbs Up

I hope you didn't drop in on you.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
29 Jan 2015 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
A very loverly one and half hours this arvo till dark with waves running sideways to the beach.. Only small but so much fun with only two other guys out, me and my son

Rod,,, are you away on holidays somewhere again?? :)

Surfstarved
78 posts
29 Jan 2015 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Walked out with board in hand this morning. Thunder grumbled, brilliant flash of lightning hit and crackled. Walked back in.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jan 2015 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said..

jbshack said..

Rod,,, are you away on holidays somewhere again?? :)

Nope just a classic old summer arvo of fun..

TBH i had a absolute blast but i should clarify it was only knee to waist high at best..But longish rides for once, VERY nice beach scenery and water temp was perfect. Two of us were surfing SP's and they make super light work of small conditions

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

I hope people got waves last night..

I had a classic arvo at my local. Great wave and sum super fun runs to be had. A couple of big close out monster barrels with everyone scratching to not be in position

Their should be some good picks come out of it, three water photographers and two on the beach and one on the Hill..

Sadly that easterly was strong and i took the wrong board. The SP doesn't like heavy easterly and waves that the bottom just drops out off, neither less staggered out of the water after two and half hours with a huge smile and legs of jelly

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
31 Jan 2015 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

So many JB posts about getting waves. Am I missing something? Monster barrels?? You must surf in Margs or offshore perhaps.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..

jbshack said..

So many JB posts about getting waves. Am I missing something? Monster barrels?? You must surf in Margs or offshore perhaps.

Last night was the first time of any consequence. But feel free to post your waves. Sorry i should clarify close out barrels over head high onto shallow sand Yep i guess your missing something..

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

^^ one mans trash is another mans treasure

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..

jbshack said..

With any luck condition for tonight will also be okay, smaller id say but looking good.. Fingers crossed..

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

JB,,, got to hand it to you ,,, you are definately 'glass half full' kind of guy..

Odd little peelers and close outs our fav little reef... watch your fins on the reef!!
So many crew lately,,, we're thinking of putting up a multilevel carpark at the end of the limestone track.,,,, of course locals get top level, with deck chairs and elevator,,, and non locals get a punch card that times out after an appropriate time.... not saying I'm local ,,, though ,, far from it.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said..
JB,,, got to hand it to you ,,, you are definately 'glass half full' kind of guy..

Odd little peelers and close outs our fav little reef... watch your fins on the reef!!
So many crew lately,,, we're thinking of putting up a multilevel carpark at the end of the limestone track.,,,, of course locals get top level, with deck chairs and elevator,,, and non locals get a punch card that times out after an appropriate time.... not saying I'm local ,,, though ,, far from it.

Oops sorry Quirks i haven't surfed their for about 6 months now. Not since the last time their was a fire on the track with the beach fisherman. I have looked at it , but i can't get past paddling for a wave with 9 others..

Were i was last night their would have been maybe 50 plus out, spread out along about 200 meters. But its wedges and TBH many were just spectators. One of our mutual guys turned up from (the other spot) and surfed with out a leg rope, like it was no hassle..

With 5 cameras on the water, I'm surprised no photos have made it up yet.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
31 Jan 2015 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Last night was the first time of any consequence. But feel free to post your waves. Sorry i should clarify close out barrels over head high onto shallow sand Yep i guess your missing something..

I'm intrigued. You must not be surfing metro.

Feel free to post your "waves of consequence".

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jan 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..

jbshack said..

I'm intrigued. You must not be surfing metro.

Feel free to post your "waves of consequence".

Well how about you post anything constructive. How was your last surf

Oh and tonight it was smaller, still not bad shape though but only around waist high

Surfstarved
78 posts
31 Jan 2015 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

JB did you get a whizz of that sunset tonight? I jumped on my mal at the local and was cruising along to vivid purple rows of clouds interlaced with a velvet red haze as the sun glimmered in waves setting off the horizon. Have to say while not much shape, having some push and the sunset made it probably my best surf all summer. Would have made the perfect surf pic!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
31 Jan 2015 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

I spent the day on the grass at Scabs pouring booze for prune skinned cougars and wannabe hipsters lamenting what could've been with a bit of a drive. Perfect day for it.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie