Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
24 Jul 2015 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said...
So suba, you wore a 2mm springy ... and dive booties?

I only have a 2mm springy (not including a dry suit) and my work gear was in the car, which included a set of dive booties.

Not exactly premeditated ;-)

Need a new board and might just get a new wettie while I'm at it.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
24 Jul 2015 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

didn't think water temp was too bad this am at scabs
mind u sun out
flashbomb is the ducks nuts with a polypropene top under

"surf" was usual crap thou

completely OTT
star warehouse just around the corner from work
thought would have a squiz at the sale

wat a joke, was a normal retail outlet with little stock
and a couple of items on "sale"racks

hoax

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
24 Jul 2015 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Regular retail? You'll probably findit's mostly seconds.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
24 Jul 2015 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

dunno
wasn't interested, just went for a gander
got some good deals on boards there a while ago for the kids - new JS a few hundred off

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
24 Jul 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

suba, you are my hero.I thought I didn't care what other people think but you are Next Level.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
25 Jul 2015 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves at the local today, not much crew on it with some fun ones grinding through.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Jul 2015 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Fun waves at the local today, not much crew on it with some fun ones grinding through.

Nice did you go with no leg rope and beaver tail to match the emerging hipster beard

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
25 Jul 2015 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Souwester said..

Nice did you go with no leg rope and beaver tail to match the emerging hipster beard

Ha ha nah was rocking the kook rope and scunjy wetty! Was tempted to check your local but instinct took me North

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Jul 2015 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Lucky. Very messy locally

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
26 Jul 2015 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Patience was the key... just sat wider than everyone else and waited. Scored 10 'set' waves in 90min... some very nice fast RH waist to shoulder high little peelers... enough to put a smile on my dial

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
26 Jul 2015 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Spot on GPA, thats the game plan I had yesterday. Today I sat at the popular peak just to suss out the vibe and watched 4 go for one wave...stuff that. Went over to the other peak and had a lot of fun for an hour or so before the general public clicked onto the good waves with less crowd.

Educated a serial drop in offender so that was a good turn around, he explained that he thought unless someone says they are going for it then he can go for it..I quickly set him straight and said you gotta give the bloke on the inside the benefit of the doubt - he then understood why he was getting so much grief from people at this break ha ha.

agnak
311 posts
26 Jul 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
remarc said..
Surfed Surfbeach this morning. After nearly a month in Indo froze me titties off. Good to see still no banks. Big arse whale sitting right behind the break, so near you could clock it with a rock. Not that I would do that :). Don't know if it's crook or something but made for a bit of an uneasy feeling in the water.

same thing happened to me today with the whale it was really close, a southern right. i think it might be the one that comes here every 3-4 years to calf, hangs around for about a month.....
waves were 2 to 4ft, good early then the offshore got to strong for the points but settled back down early arvo an swell got smaller.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Jul 2015 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..

remarc said..
Surfed Surfbeach this morning. After nearly a month in Indo froze me titties off. Good to see still no banks. Big arse whale sitting right behind the break, so near you could clock it with a rock. Not that I would do that :). Don't know if it's crook or something but made for a bit of an uneasy feeling in the water.

same thing happened to me today with the whale it was really close, a southern right. i think it might be the one that comes here every 3-4 years to calf, hangs around for about a month.....
waves were 2 to 4ft, good early then the offshore got to strong for the points but settled back down early arvo an swell got smaller.

Whales seem to be very close in this year

agnak
311 posts
26 Jul 2015 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

^^yeah there was also a few humpbacks a bit further out and nth, i thought the same thing.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
27 Jul 2015 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

Another week of flatness to take us into August. Maybe August will bring the second storm of the year and herald winter arriving. Or maybe the Stark's were lying all along.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
27 Jul 2015 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..
^^yeah there was also a few humpbacks a bit further out and nth, i thought the same thing.

I heard on the radio this morning that there are so many humpbacks in Australian waters now that they are thinking of taking them off the endangered list!

agnak
311 posts
27 Jul 2015 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

really...i went down early this morning to have another look there was stacks of `em, it was good to see.
the surf was dead flat but.

agnak
311 posts
2 Aug 2015 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

dolphin back yesty

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Aug 2015 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

It's so flat that people are scuba diving off the back of Mettams reef! And it looks to be getting flatter all week. Guess I will not be getting a wave at my fave little novelty spot this winter then

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
5 Aug 2015 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Managed a few waves on the weekend. here's some pics

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
5 Aug 2015 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Great job Mitchbat!

Scabs cam looks like summer. 'Cept for the peeps of course.
worst winter ever?

Razzonater
2224 posts
5 Aug 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

good work mitch and in other news i havent surfed in three weeks........
Work work work........but this weekend if there is a wave within 4 hours of perth i will be there albeit unfit out of shape and with terrible paddling fitness.....
be aware all surfers razzonater will be getting involved.
public service announcement : do not snake or drop in on me this weekend it is in everyones best interest, yours,mine,societies, apart from your ding repairer no one will benefit.
(I understand the above statement makes me come off like a bell end and without waves maybe i am, lets all get together on this one and change that attitude)

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
5 Aug 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Great job Mitchbat!

Scabs cam looks like summer. 'Cept for the peeps of course.
worst winter ever?

some happy hunting grounds there

agnak
311 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
9 Aug 2015 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Well that was a hoax. At least the fish & chips was alright.

Zuke
901 posts
9 Aug 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

I had an early look and there were only four out, three where the right usually is at Trigg and one south of the point. Over head and a bit wonky with some backwash but there was the odd peak coming through that had shape if you were patient. Smots had a few out before sunrise but was getting busy fast after sunrise and was doing what Smots usually does.... ( there was also some blatant dropping in going on too)

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
9 Aug 2015 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Had an awesome session this morning at local reefy! A mate leant me a board that was an absolute rocketship, was unbelievable in the wobbly peaks and steep drops. Crew was mostly friendly which was a real surprise. Pretty buggered now. 2015 seems to be on track for a late winter swell pattern. Last 2 years noticed the storms don't come in until late August and into early spring.

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
9 Aug 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Two reasonable surfs, early morn and early arvo at secret spot x up the rod from the kebab shop owned by Peter. Long waits for good ones this morning then the rushed paddle back out to avoid a shallow bank flogging from the larger ones this arvo no crowd more organised less bumpy swell had a good one....still copped the odd flogging, now have an ear full of sand and sinus full of water, nose drip city

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
9 Aug 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Buster wins the shortest surf of the day award. I might be a contender for longest combined.

Zuke
901 posts
9 Aug 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Waddayoudonenow Buster?

I'll guess 6&1/2 hours Legion. I know what you're like!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie