Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2520 posts
13 Mar 2016 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Chanced an 8:40am departure to LBB. Pretty happy with the 2hrs I got before the wind came in. Started off waist with occasional shoulder high 'set' waves - then picked up a little with the occasional head high wave as the tide continued to come in. Nice take offs but the waves didn't wall-up too far, quite peaky shortish rides. Still it was fun.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
13 Mar 2016 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Chanced an 8:40am departure to LBB. Pretty happy with the 2hrs I got before the wind came in. Started off waist with occasional shoulder high 'set' waves - then picked up a little with the occasional head high wave as the tide continued to come in. Nice take offs but the waves didn't wall-up too far, quite peaky shortish rides. Still it was fun.

Blue LB?

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
13 Mar 2016 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Blue & green 7'6" - LB shaped nose...

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
14 Mar 2016 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Metro surf Saturday. cried.... Thank god for the rock on Sunday, smiled.
Struggling at work today with sunburnt eyes!

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
14 Mar 2016 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Blue & green 7'6" - LB shaped nose...

Saw you! I thought it was..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Mar 2016 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday morning i spent constant paddling in a rip for over an hour. Had really fun waves and the rip meant people just didn't join me. Even though the waves were better on my side of the reef.. Best wave of the day i shared with a clubby ridding in front of me on his knees out in front, if only he'd had a camera

Sunday arvo raced out at home as the wind was making it look like fun, just to have it turn as i arrived with board in tow

Very happy not to be burnt to a crisp today..

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
15 Mar 2016 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

good day for us, a very good day.muscles ache, face burning, generally zoned out with a big smile. Good times

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
16 Mar 2016 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Are Guling, Lombok is delivering head to double head walls of joy morning and afternoon
some unruly locals and semi local French fu..s make some sessions a little carnival like but still getting my quota

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
16 Mar 2016 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Oi! Did you get my message on facey?
Glad to hear you're scoring...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
17 Mar 2016 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Friday

matty l
WA, 52 posts
17 Mar 2016 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said...
Are Guling, Lombok is delivering head to double head walls of joy morning and afternoon
some unruly locals and semi local French fu..s make some sessions a little carnival like but still getting my quota

^^love that place. I remember a local guy threatening a euro backpacker because he was NOT catching any waves!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
19 Mar 2016 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Drove North. LBB bit smaller than I thought it would be, with waist to occasional chest high waves on a lumpy SSE (forecast was for a more favourable ESE until 11:30am). Bit of Southerly drift and a rip North of the main path made for an ordinary outing. Water was nice though and I picked a few up on the mal... 4.5/10

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
23 Mar 2016 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

Jesus ****ing christ kill me...

My stoicism is wearing thin and the shadow of the future seems to have no end.

Please Perth...throw up some swell!!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Mar 2016 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

I got a couple for you Scooby.

Hamsta
505 posts
23 Mar 2016 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Buy a SUP and/or a Kite rig Suba if your planning on living in Perth for a while yet, and enjoy your time in the water rather than the lack of surf becoming another frustration. In all seriousness.....some people in this forum are convinced that the 'local' waves were still inconsistent and crap 30 years ago...just that being a grom meant the froth threshold was much lower.
I'd ask them this then. How many days the past 5 months has there been rideable (waist to chest) surf between Funbury and Lancelin? Sure, Rotto has had a few days...but speaking with a long time Rottnest surfer, the crowds have been out of control except on one occasion when he scored because of local knowledge and a sneaky rising swell.

The surf is getting worse ...the lack of sand movement, combined with inconsistent swells and overcrowding when the 'waves' are 1ft closeouts isn't a recipe for fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial and desperate. Perth is in desperate need of some artificial reefs/structures to help trap sand and act as a focal point for what little swell seems to make it pass Garden, Carnac, Rottnest and the outer reefs.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
24 Mar 2016 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Well said Hamsta.

I have been finding alternate ways to enjoy the ocean the last 6 months, makes the flat spells go a bit quicker and still keeps you fit so when the good sessions appear you are a bit more ready than someone who has not been staying active in the water.

Still fun to be had when no waves.

Some waves would be nice though ha ha

surfnkiteall
WA, 64 posts
24 Mar 2016 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

After 45 plus years of surfing and a good chunk of solid time in Indonesia,returning to Perth,more permanent work,married and kids,i had to save my soul and found my alternative when the surf is marginal or just sh@t.Stepped outa the box and found it puts the grin back inside and out....even though surfing for i is top o the wazza when its on

jefster
WA, 18 posts
24 Mar 2016 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfnkiteall said..

After 45 plus years of surfing and a good chunk of solid time in Indonesia,returning to Perth,more permanent work,married and kids,i had to save my soul and found my alternative when the surf is marginal or just sh@t.Stepped outa the box and found it puts the grin back inside and out....even though surfing for i is top o the wazza when its on

You said it Dave
Just hurry up and get that knee sorted out.
Good photo.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
24 Mar 2016 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

amazing how perth can be flat, yet a solid drive away is on the pump. photo from earlier this week. am not mad/desperate enough to join the crowds i saw flowing in the opposite direction to me today.

Hamsta
505 posts
25 Mar 2016 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

I caught up with an old friend yesterday and we got reminiscing about getting waves off CBG at 1am in he morning after work under the light. Does CBG still get the bank off the groyne like it used to?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
25 Mar 2016 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Not that I've seen, but I don't check it super regularly...

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
25 Mar 2016 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hamsta said..
I caught up with an old friend yesterday and we got reminiscing about getting waves off CBG at 1am in he morning after work under the light. Does CBG still get the bank off the groyne like it used to?

No.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Mar 2016 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Windy down here but these guys found some fun waves out of it. The water looked like a washing machine with an almighty current. ??

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
26 Mar 2016 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Had a light paddle at Trigg Point, small but a few coming through. Perfect conditions except for an inconsiderate longboarder with no leggie. Lucky he didn't take out a fella teaching his kids to surf in close. Got me tho.......

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
26 Mar 2016 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..
Had a light paddle at Trigg Point, small but a few coming through. Perfect conditions except for an inconsiderate longboarder with no leggie. Lucky he didn't take out a fella teaching his kids to surf in close. Got me tho.......

Bummer. Did you get a fin as compensation?

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
26 Mar 2016 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

DARTH said..

Bummer. Did you get a fin as compensation?

Na, few choice words were exchanged. Then some wanker parked behind my ute in the car park. Some times.........

Had a few waves up at LBB on Friday, Indian Ocean drive was closed down on the way back due to a head on collision just north of the Gin Gin turn off, chaos ensued

Saw some crazy driving on the way up to Lanno, over taking on blind hill ind bends, we wernt surprised that a major accident happened tbh

surfnkiteall
WA, 64 posts
26 Mar 2016 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Saw some crazy driving on the way up to Lanno, over taking on blind hill ind bends, we wernt surprised that a major accident happened tbh

PaulyOS
199 posts
26 Mar 2016 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't want to make a new post. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the Cape naturalist buoy has not been giving any readings for a week now?

Is this normal?

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
27 Mar 2016 12:37AM
Thumbs Up

It regularly goes down for days at a time. This is a long one. I like it. It's brought back the surf check and I have had two surfs this week that were pretty good and pretty uncrowded. Leave it down, I say.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
27 Mar 2016 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...

That's worthy of palming a few fins out of the board.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie