Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
25 Jun 2016 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

HaHa, no just a low resolution pic captain.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
26 Jun 2016 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone score on this 4m swell? It was trying for a LAGO around 4:00pm...but surprisingly not too many people out - none at Tom's, 2x at Metts and 1 at Watermans Bay - 4 or 5 at Trigg Point waiting for the bomb sets. Me, I surfed a small novelty wave that threw up a few decent ones now and then - was fun for an hour, then the high tide stuffed it.

Kerr-e
33 posts
26 Jun 2016 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Anyone score on this 4m swell? It was trying for a LAGO around 4:00pm...but surprisingly not too many people out - none at Tom's, 2x at Metts and 1 at Watermans Bay - 4 or 5 at Trigg Point waiting for the bomb sets. Me, I surfed a small novelty wave that threw up a few decent ones now and then - was fun for an hour, then the high tide stuffed it.

Got chased out the water by a large fish at the first place just after 2pm.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
26 Jun 2016 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kerreee said..

GPA said..

Got chased out the water by a large fish at the first place just after 2pm.

- not good. I have been spooked a couple of times out the corner of my eye on remote beaches on the South coast, but never seen anything metro...

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
26 Jun 2016 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Got Some fun ones at Scarborough early but had to work hard, plenty rips, backwash and closeouts to keep you honest. 3hours for 5 waves
walked the dog along the stretch from Sorrento to Watermans and saw head high waves (not rideable)) at the MAAC club south and some off seconds at Watermans.......remember surfing firsts at Waterman really good way back but today great looking wedges coming in starting to break but then disappearing into fat slobs of pus
bloody marina
had mates check out spot, Ders and further north varying reports from too big too wobbly too hard to one spot past wedge being best ever!!!!

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
26 Jun 2016 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Heres some shots off MAAC and Watermans-photos dont do justice but if you sqwint really hard thru ya left eye

[;

)]

Why do they load sideways???
Stupid marina

mousetrap
WA, 64 posts
27 Jun 2016 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Got out trigg point, or just south of the reefy bit early Sunday. There were lefts and rights, quick barrels and air bowls and a bit of fun on the boog. Was only head high on the sets but the rip seemed to wedge the swell a bit and give it some juice.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Jun 2016 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Mettams on Sunday (as my local was going nuts), a poor bloke was taken away in a ambo after scalping himself on the reef

Monday morning out again for an hour locally all on my own.. Jeez the water is cold currently, but not as bad as the sand walking back to the car

Did anyone hear anything about the guy found washed up at Scarb in a wetsuit

mazdon
1196 posts
28 Jun 2016 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

A few people on here might be interested in this site:
coastaloceanography.org

Water is about 15degC at present according to it

mousetrap
WA, 64 posts
28 Jun 2016 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

15 degrees..that is cold but I swear the water in Perth on Sunday was warmer than surfing in Bunbury yesterday arvo. Along with some of the worst waves im pretty sure we get the coldest water in the state too! Pretty sure it's caused by the cold river waters not escaping geo bay easily, if it's brown its frigid. Always a pleasure to get down the capes not only for the decent waves but also to escape the brain freeze here.

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
30 Jun 2016 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Plenty going on out there today. I ended up at Durrs at lunchtime with head high sets. Would have been great down south!

Surf score 5/10.

Hope you guys got some too

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Jul 2016 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
1 Jul 2016 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

Today

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Jul 2016 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Andy T said..
Today

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jul 2016 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Andy T said..
Today

Yep had a really fun morning

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Jul 2016 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

Andy T said..
Today

Thanks, I have not

Zuke
901 posts
1 Jul 2016 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Took the young fella that does a bit of work for me out for what turned out to be a cracking session this morning, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face after this effort.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
1 Jul 2016 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Nice conditons all along the northern beaches, even if it's small.
Watching the kook fest unfold at Mettams while having lunch...but theyre surfing and Im working today so who's really laughing....

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
1 Jul 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

Andy T said..
Today

Yea same here - 4 hours at Seldoms with 3 others out . Im rooooted

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jul 2016 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Nice conditons all along the northern beaches, even if it's small.
Watching the kook fest unfold at Mettams while having lunch...but theyre surfing and Im working today so who's really laughing....

Big fish swimming around Toms and Mettams today.. Has been for a few days now..Just a heads up.

If anyone wants the info easily, Dorsal the app works a treat..

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
1 Jul 2016 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the tip on the app Rod - have just loaded onto my phone...

Cheers!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
1 Jul 2016 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Just downloaded it too - wouldn't be surfing strickos at the moment !

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
1 Jul 2016 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Drove from not so secret harbour to gravis today and couldn't convince myself to get wet, farrrrrrk dunno how you guys surf in Perth.

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
2 Jul 2016 4:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Cheers!

Yes so did I . It would be good if they could include the location of tagged sharks also

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
2 Jul 2016 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

@smicko... one word - Desperation!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Jul 2016 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KEARNSY said..

GPA said..

Cheers!

Yes so did I . It would be good if they could include the location of tagged sharks also

It does include tagged sharks. BUT the the stupid government will just say a Tagged shark set of this receiver. They won't say Number WA17 or WA 27 so you can see if its the same shark swimming around or different fish.. I always take the public notices with a bit of scepticism. It depends a little on how there are recored (written up) you'll soon figure out how legit they are..

Sorry some people don't want to know, i get that, but i did ring and warn a mate who surfs Waterman and Toms all the time so thought id share it here..

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
3 Jul 2016 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Crowds.... OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
3 Jul 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

What's wrong with shark smart?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Jul 2016 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

KEARNSY said..

GPA said..

Cheers!

It does include tagged sharks. BUT the the stupid government will just say a Tagged shark set of this receiver. They won't say Number WA17 or WA 27 so you can see if its the same shark swimming around or different fish.. I always take the public notices with a bit of scepticism. It depends a little on how there are recored (written up) you'll soon figure out how legit they are..

Sorry some people don't want to know, i get that, but i did ring and warn a mate who surfs Waterman and Toms all the time so thought id share it here..

Today a 4.5 mtr great white was reported at Toms again. Two people who saw it (That have a clue) said it was maybe 2.5 at best, and were stunned it was reported as 4.5 long

Maybe people trying to keep others away, who knows..

Surfed locally again, My god the water is cold

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
4 Jul 2016 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Had a great fun BAKED POTATO surf today at Scaborough. Arrived to the Shark alarm siren !!!!! Found out they test it every Monday
3 guys out from Manning st to Trigg point, amazing for school holidays. Water cold but real clear and clean little runners knee to waist high Potato makes these surfs so much fun

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie