WA, 2577 posts
31 May 2019 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Saturday

Im calling it a hoax

What!!!? All points around Margs will be firing! Perth and around will, of course, be flat.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 May 2019 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Saturday

Im calling it a hoax

What!!!? All points around Margs will be firing! Perth and around will, of course, be flat.

That's my point, everyone should just stay home..

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Jun 2019 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Some fun waves this morning, everyones on it today.

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Jun 2019 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Snuck out for another surf once the wind & tide dropped out. Had an equal share of bombs n beatings. Called it a day after I bounced off the reef on the last one...hope the swell doesn't drop too much tomorrow *fingers crossed*

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
5 Jun 2019 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

An interesting and enjoyable couple of days

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Jun 2019 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Skippy, you forgot your board m8!

Cool pix Mocha

Razzonater
2224 posts
6 Jun 2019 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Epic aaaahhh the south coast......... good to see ya getting waves mocha looks like the banks are quite tasty..

foamie
32 posts
6 Jun 2019 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Swell direction changes the game in the metro...

Cetus
WA, 54 posts
6 Jun 2019 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
foamie said..

Has anyone done a surf check this arvo?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jun 2019 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jayet said..

foamie said..

Yep this arvo late. Surprisingly nothing up our way..

Cetus
WA, 54 posts
7 Jun 2019 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

jayet said..

foamie said..

Yep this arvo late. Surprisingly nothing up our way..

Yeah no rebound off the rock wall on the NW!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Jun 2019 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Only lumpy puss on offer locally. You could have been fooled by a rouge wave if you were impatient in the carpark, but you'd have had a miserable session I reckon. Nothing for the rest of winter either fellow frothers. To the golf courses, race courses and knock shops we go. All for one and one for all.

foamie
32 posts
7 Jun 2019 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Either sarcasm is the new style of surf reporting or the goal is to thin the crowds or you're just trippin

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
8 Jun 2019 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
foamie said..
Either sarcasm is the new style of surf reporting or the goal is to thin the crowds or you're just trippin

Guilty on all counts.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
8 Jun 2019 5:55AM
Thumbs Up

BTW, when was your last input on the topic?

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jun 2019 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Swell is here....... I wonder if the old nw to sw wind conversion will give us the same banks as last year.... i for one certainly hope so...

all the novelty waves down south are working...................

Zuke
901 posts
9 Jun 2019 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

The banks are copping a flogging Razz with a lot of sand moving around. You had to walk through a lake to get to the water at Trigg today with the 5m swell and extra tide we have atm. I'm really looking forward to this winter, last winter was the best in recent memory for the quality and quantity of waves for me.

Anyone get out today?

Phil27
WA, 194 posts
9 Jun 2019 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Got out at Pylons, Ocean Reef.
Lumpy, washy 3ft mess tbh, got a couple the hour I was in..
Cold front must have pushed some cooler water up, toes were numb towards the end - let's hope the banks get a good sorting out.

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jun 2019 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

I have Monday tues off will report in with the findings and surf report

Zuke
901 posts
9 Jun 2019 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Haven't surfed Pylons since the 90's, from memory a 6m swell was usually needed for it to (sort of) get going. The water temp dropped off noticeably a few days ago. Now it's pretty much instant headache every duck dive.

You going away Razz or staying local?

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
9 Jun 2019 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
The banks are copping a flogging Razz with a lot of sand moving around. You had to walk through a lake to get to the water at Trigg today with the 5m swell and extra tide we have atm. I'm really looking forward to this winter, last winter was the best in recent memory for the quality and quantity of waves for me.

Anyone get out today?

Back in the water today after 6 weeks out with a couple of fractured ribs.
Good to get wet and have a paddle at Perth's best storm wave....

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jun 2019 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
Haven't surfed Pylons since the 90's, from memory a 6m swell was usually needed for it to (sort of) get going. The water temp dropped off noticeably a few days ago. Now it's pretty much instant headache every duck dive.

I was away earlier this week south and snared a couple novelty waves, had to come home to drive the boat, if your into Japanese rap there was a big Japanese rap band filming in west oz .....they wanted proper storm boat clips and they got them ...... cannot discuss further.....

But yeah local I think I will be aiming to surf where Julian Ross did today on one of the days and hopefully get a novelty wave the other.....

how was the crowd there today julian???

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jun 2019 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..

I was away earlier this week south and snared a couple novelty waves, had to come home to drive the boat, if your into Japanese rap there was a big Japanese rap band filming in west oz .....they wanted proper storm boat clips and they got them ...... cannot discuss further.....

But yeah local I think I will be aiming to surf where Julian Ross did today on one of the days and hopefully get a novelty wave the other.....

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
10 Jun 2019 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Zuke said..

The crowd was distributed across the bay, with shifting peaks, waves inside and outside, plenty of paddling to keep in position, so there was no hassle that I could see.

Razzonater
2224 posts
10 Jun 2019 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Checked the nw wedge two guys out very underwhelming one guy got two and his mate got one in 15-20 minutes thought it would be waist chest more like knee to maybe waist
returned home for coffee and toast with heater on

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Jun 2019 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Phil27 said..
Cold front must have pushed some cooler water up, toes were numb towards the end - let's hope the banks get a good sorting out.

I saw a pick from their yesterday and i surprised at the crowd..

Phil27
WA, 194 posts
11 Jun 2019 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Phil27 said..

I saw a pick from their yesterday and i surprised at the crowd..

I'm surprised I went in! It just made me cold and annoyed

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Jun 2019 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

The photo was actually of the sea rescue craft.

Razzonater
2224 posts
11 Jun 2019 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday was an attempt and retreat at surfing it was cold and underwhelming,,, today looked extremely bleak and than at around 1030 the wind dropped off to nothing, I ducked down to the novelty right and there were two out and a fair few waves ,, went out got a dozen or so and came in... I was not going to be a house prisoner today,,, the last ten -15 minutes out there word must have got out and humans started clambering in from everywhere,, as the masses attacked I picked off one more and beached it.... by the time I got changed and board in the car it was a bit southerly again and there were 8 out or 6 more than when I surfed.........,,.

novelty wave 10/10
couple runners, crowds 8/10 would of been better if the masses hadn't attacked with vigour but I'd had and hour
water temp 5/10 the fact there was no wind was good but let's face it it's freezing

Interesting side note my watch reckons four of the waves were longer than 40 metres with one being 55..............

( i was on a mal)

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jun 2019 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Got some good size for the spot, but fat cutbacky waves on a SW novelty spot this morning. You could say part of the novelty was no bloody whale carcasses had the place shut down due to the heavy shark presence

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie