Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
30 Jun 2021 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Come on you mob. Surely with lockdown and epic conditions, some lurker got something worth bragging about.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
30 Jun 2021 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Lockdown ..what lockdown? Only difference for most of us is we can't go to the pub where the bastard virus surely lurks

heard that Scarborough was pretty darn good today.for those within 5ks and only exercising for an hour, who work in pubs clubs and other fun places

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Jun 2021 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Come on you mob. Surely with lockdown and epic conditions, some lurker got something worth bragging about.

Had a few waves in Exmouth. Was a bit cold the first 2 days, almost needed a Steamer ...not epic, but fun, finish 10 days in 2 then heading inland for a bit before popping into places down the coast on the way back home

Razzonater
2224 posts
30 Jun 2021 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

I don't get days off midweek anymore
it hurts it cuts deep

i did score super mega beachside action waaaay waaay up the coast last weekend like 5 hours up

thats all I got, weekend looking average and could only check the cams from my computer screen which made it hurt more

on an even more positive note I've put on 8kg in the last three months

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
30 Jun 2021 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

Mate sent me pics and video of a pumping beachy this morning - thanks mate..NOT

Some good sand movement happening which is nice, bit later then last year but as long as it happens at some stage I will be a happy camper

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
3 Jul 2021 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Fun little clean chest high waves this morning... nothing epic, but a few fun ones on the mal. Good to finally get wet...

Let's hope these three cold fronts stir the sand up and create a few more banks... this Winter has been woeful for us weekend warriors.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
3 Jul 2021 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, and the crowds have kept me unenthused. I'm not feeling it at all.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
4 Jul 2021 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

I studied the available charts today and took a punt on a gap in the weather. Though I chose the wrong board for the occasion, I had a blast in uncrowded shoulder to head high waves. Yay.

beastsurf
WA, 902 posts
4 Jul 2021 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of swell coming not sure about the winds

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
8 Jul 2021 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

lunchtime wind wave, not too bad...

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1404 posts
8 Jul 2021 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Was so bored i ended up delving deep into this thread like 10 years old stuff
Actually pretty good forum back then a lot of regular contributors
Zuke and bakesy where are you , you guys put up some good surf report pics

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
8 Jul 2021 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke has been banned from the ocean. He had it too good for too long.

byf
WA, 514 posts
8 Jul 2021 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

SUBA?

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
9 Jul 2021 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
byf said..
SUBA?

Probably snapped his latest 2nd hand board again, and still surfing without a wettie...

beastsurf
WA, 902 posts
9 Jul 2021 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Your right it was a great forum. Its a shame to see it loose its luster.

Scored a few waves this morning before the wind took hold. BOM forecasting a decent swell tomorrow afternoon.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
9 Jul 2021 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

There is some serious bank making weather coming up that's for sure, hopefully sets the local area up for some fun shape over next couple of months!

I had had a look early, few takers on offer even with really high tide, I would have been out there if I could have!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Jul 2021 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

The banks are weird right now but still a few bombs yesterday, today.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
11 Jul 2021 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

The drop-ins. Unbelievable! I know we are all hungry for some gems, but virtually everyone is getting burnt!
Shame on you.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
11 Jul 2021 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Today was a good day...absolutely knackered.
hard work in the rip current but well worth it.
i didn't feel the pain of drop ins that Buster did..except from my "mate" on the first one.though you wouldn't make it

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
12 Jul 2021 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
The drop-ins. Unbelievable! I know we are all hungry for some gems, but virtually everyone is getting burnt!
Shame on you.

Ah that sucks, its a pet hate Buster, I swear I can feel that vibe in the carparks before I even paddle out - just no need when there is plenty.

An easily forecasted good day of waves after a lean patch has me looking for an odd time of day or less obvious spot to avoid the circus.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
12 Jul 2021 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

Well sure. And that was my objective, but alas.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
17 Jul 2021 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Which one of you kooks was riding your motorised "surfboard" up and down the beach today?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
17 Jul 2021 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Which one of you masters scored a sick extended bazza in front of the grassy knoll this morning?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
18 Jul 2021 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

No-one is owning up to it? That's OK, your 4-5 seconds of epicness is burnt into my brain. For the time being.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
19 Jul 2021 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Today was a good day
Huey reneged on the 4cast all day onshore and delivered a very light NE zephyr along with a chunky swell. Last day of School Holiday heaven. 2 surfs, 5 hours, some humdingers amongst the usual metro closeouts.
Thanks Lord Huey you are back on my Christmas Card list

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
14 Aug 2021 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

High tide fat-wave fun on the longboard... Northern metro beachie shoulder high avg - mostly lefts. Very few in the water as all those who only brought the shortboard and got caught with the high tide conditions struggled for an hour then went home

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1404 posts
14 Aug 2021 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
High tide fat-wave fun on the longboard... Northern metro beachie shoulder high avg - mostly lefts. Very few in the water as all those who only brought the shortboard and got caught with the high tide conditions struggled for an hour then went home

Yes longboard heaven where I am too, deep banks and some long waves

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
4 Oct 2021 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Took a punt on a Seabreeze forecast and hit up a favourite this morning.
was skunked royally at 1st 2nd and 3rd choices but got desperado and went out anyway at 4th location. Fat closeouts on offer, the tide dropping and a rip forming, ironically just as the wind turned to NW..no major problem at this spot.saw the fat closeouts become 1stly a fast but makeable sprint to closeouts floater finish then improved to very wedgey takeoff with a slower wall with many opportunities to turn and snap along the 70-100m run.
Best of all only had to sort of share with one other and he chose to try a bank 30m away

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
4 Oct 2021 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Saw some carnage too!!
A few beers, evidence on the sand and in the wreck. A bad choice made, track runs out, car slides then rolls down the "cliff" where the track used to be. Hopefully seatbelts were on and only egos bruised.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
5 Oct 2021 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Well done you!

So old mate chose to drive on the ex-trail. Boom tish?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie