Fred Rubble
WA, 96 posts
14 Oct 2021 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Save Wedge

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Saw some carnage too!!
A few beers, evidence on the sand and in the wreck. A bad choice made, track runs out, car slides then rolls down the "cliff" where the track used to be. Hopefully seatbelts were on and only egos bruised.

Save wedge

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
25 Oct 2021 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Good Saturday wave at the Rock...

Grevas
147 posts
15 Nov 2021 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Go diving, sell your boards

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
15 Nov 2021 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..
Good Saturday wave at the Rock...

Hyden or Wadjemup

sls
WA, 179 posts
24 Nov 2021 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

not very secret spot this morning, small but clean and nice shape.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
26 Nov 2021 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Well it's not like that at Trigg today... very average indeed. Tomorrow it will be a zoo...

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
28 Nov 2021 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

Just watched Dane Reynolds' Sh!t Waves Vol 3... I wish Perth's waves were as good as that. Dane needs to come here to find a new superlative.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
2 Dec 2021 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Just watched Dane Reynolds' Sh!t Waves Vol 3... I wish Perth's waves were as good as that. Dane needs to come here to find a new superlative.

Every video or board review for "grovellers/substandard wave boards is happening in waves that we Perthites would call EPIC and 60000 of us and our dogs would be all over em

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
4 Dec 2021 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

It is very hard to maintain the froth at the moment. Trigg was woeful this morning... and crowded AF... and it's only going to get worse from here until mid March... and I have come home and someone has busted the retic, and it's snapped off in the thread of the T-piece upright - so now I have to dig that out and replace it and sweep up all the sand and mulch that has washed everywhere Signed Grumpy GPA...

photosbykarlo
235 posts
4 Dec 2021 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent, a retic expert, want to come to my place and change a few valves over :)

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
7 Dec 2021 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
It is very hard to maintain the froth at the moment. Trigg was woeful this morning... and crowded AF... and it's only going to get worse from here until mid March... and I have come home and someone has busted the retic, and it's snapped off in the thread of the T-piece upright - so now I have to dig that out and replace it and sweep up all the sand and mulch that has washed everywhere Signed Grumpy GPA...

soooooo, I surfed with one other at my almost secret spot. and crays. got plenty of crays.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
19 Dec 2021 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

How nice is it to have some waves?!
Small and wind-blown, but at least there's something to get mildly excited about.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
12 Mar 2022 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

It's a sad morning down at the Point. who will be crowned King of the Grovel?

curlzbean
WA, 47 posts
12 Mar 2022 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

people have to realise the point is no longer a surf spot, well and truly gone

beastsurf
WA, 902 posts
13 Mar 2022 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Why is the point no longer a place to surf brother?

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
20 Mar 2022 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Metro breaks out of control crowd wise... could not muster up the enthusiasm to get amongst it at Trigg at 8:15am. It was just chaos with the usual drop-ins and boards going everywhere... Mettams and Toms also packed. Another beachie further North not yet working - needs a storm or another 3-4 weeks. Yeah, I know I should have been down there earlier, but I suspect it still would have been busy.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
20 Mar 2022 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

I couldnt face the crowds this morning either, but I'm glad that those who could, did.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
20 Mar 2022 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Doesn't help when clubbies comp takes all available parking from Brighton to Scarbs main and **** paying for Wilson's.it was full anyway.
closeouts upon closeouts Undies and busy busy making getting a closeout to yaself difficult

beastsurf
WA, 902 posts
21 Mar 2022 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Second weekend in a row the clubbies took over. Should be the last time this season.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
10 Apr 2022 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

A couple of fantastic sessions on the GoldCoast for me.
man you work hard for waves here, not only because of the 1000s of your best mates sharing the session but when the swell comes the sweep is insane.
1.5 hour session nets about 6 waves on the superbank, 7km of paddling which includes about 2km of walkrounds from the end of Snapper, 3 waves, a. Couple through the Greenmount section about 200m rides then another to get you in near Coolangatta then walk round do it all again.
School Holidays and the water quality from the floods means all the surfers from Ballina down are also up the coast hunting too.the quality of surfing is insane.
Kingscliffe this morning stats from the watch.8km surf 7km of paddling/walking with 11 waves making up nearly a km of surfing.
the sweep is next level, takes you from up near the Bar to the surf club whilst paddling out, 3 wave and drift adds up to a walk around from the Bowling club to do it all again!!!!

great fun though.

curlzbean
WA, 47 posts
11 Apr 2022 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

used to think it was busy back when the bank first formed and greenmount became sand, not many out when looking back, was making it past macca's most waves and got to kirra groin on one

Razzonater
2224 posts
12 Apr 2022 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

Just spent last week down south
first week off for over 6 months and I hadn't seen waves that were decent for about that duration.
We got good waves most days and a couple of magic days thrown in
.In a southern wind I couldn't believe the crowds in the bays mid week.
It was the only day we didn't surf as there were 30+ people in the water in each of the bays the rotected feom the southerly. Still a lot of backpackers cruising around ****ting in carparks

We spent a few days surfing the open ocean waves which I can't put pics of up
these were the magic days but there was 2-3 days of classic yallingup as well (10-15 crew out ) and a few beachie arvo glass off surfs
All in all a nice week with family and friends and good waves and food.

After the last 6 months metro with no travel it felt pretty weird paddling into waves above head height just as i started really surfing well it was time to come home

I

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
12 Apr 2022 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

Doesn't show even half the crowd, basically you are just waiting for someone to fall off. Dropping in is expected but most of the drop ins get off if you make it down the line. Didn't see any agro in or out of the water.
Monday was pumping.

couple of good vids of these sessions and waves on YouTube

JESUSGUS
WA, 169 posts
17 Apr 2022 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

In iso over Easter

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
20 Apr 2022 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

sooooo
Spent the long weekend looking at my secret spot at the rock. It was classic all weekend, no-one out. Unfortunately I'm on concussion rehab after copping a spare board in the head down at lefties end of February.
Maybe 3 more weeks until I try out my new helmet.....

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
22 Apr 2022 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a novelty metro wave over some reef today, really fun shape and only a pack of frother groms to contend with but it was all smiles.

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
28 Apr 2022 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Just thought I'd try and breath some life back into this thread. Spent a week down south and had four days in a row of goodness with minimal crowds. I was expecting mayhem given the school holidays but was pleasantly surprised. Excuse the poor quality of the pics but I cropped them to keep any landmarks out

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
28 Apr 2022 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Nice - I am jealous. Couple of right-handers would have been nicer

Razzonater
2224 posts
21 May 2022 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Good waves outta town today good early but by golly the crowds filled in by 8-830

had a peak with a mate for an hour solo prior to crowds than there was 10 or so on it

waist height consistent with three head height ones every 20 minutes

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
23 May 2022 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

I reckon Tearooms probably has a wave

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie