Forums > Windsurfing General

2013 Gear

Created by ABCELMO > 9 months ago, 3 Apr 2012
ABCELMO
104 posts
3 Apr 2012 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Here's some 2013 gear, nice looking quad from JP...

2013 Twinser Quad

2013 Twinser Quad

2013 Twinser Quad

Ezzy 3 Batten sail - maybe we'll see the storm sail from the 80's come back?

NP THE FLY 2013

Robby on the Chopper, no more Force for Robby?

North prototype..2013?

Angulo single fin but check out the concaves...

More pics at:

http://www.kulingvarning.nu/

ABCELMO
104 posts
4 Apr 2012 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

ejmack said...

Apparently the 3 batten Ezzy wave sail was a prank, read here;

http://www.surf-matic.com/maui-monday-3/

Thanks ejmack, the 3 batten is fools gold then!

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
4 Apr 2012 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Think I prefer the silver to green on the JP's though.

ABCELMO
104 posts
5 Apr 2012 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

NP COMBAT (from NP photoshoot)

http://www.globalshots.co.uk/gallery/?album=1&gallery=28

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7976 posts
5 Apr 2012 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

back to the 80's.. about time we got some decent coloured boards!

ABCELMO
104 posts
5 Apr 2012 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy said...

back to the 80's.. about time we got some decent coloured boards!

Yeah, and the colour of the combat in the foreground (orange, white and black) reminds of a 7.0m NP RAF Speed I bought in 1989.

ABCELMO
104 posts
6 Apr 2012 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

“Wizard” to will replace the Firefly in the Neilpryde line-up

www.zakel.ws/2012/04/05/neilpryde-2013-new-freestyle-sail-the-wizard/

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
6 Apr 2012 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Why not just call it a Firefly?

And why the Diablo, Murcielago, Gallardo, Reventon and now Aventador? They're all Countaches! You know what marketing dudes, lineage actually has value, both as a sign of continued quality and refinement and also as a way to not just confuse the **** out of us. For example the 911 (and stop calling it a Carrera).

...working on Easter Friday will do this.

stringer
WA, 703 posts
7 Apr 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

evlPanda said...

And why the Diablo, Murcielago, Gallardo, Reventon and now Aventador? They're all Countaches! You know what marketing dudes, lineage actually has value, both as a sign of continued quality and refinement and also as a way to not just confuse the **** out of us. For example the 911 (and stop calling it a Carrera).

...working on Easter Friday will do this.

pulease, the odd one out is the gay-lardo!

Z1291
208 posts
7 Apr 2012 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

evlPanda said...

Nup should be called the Neilpryde Pure, Neil Pryde have just stolen the design of the Gaastra Pure (SVBs old sail) and added in the cutout clew.
But they did have to make make it to get SVB to join them.

Z1291
208 posts
22 Apr 2012 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone found any 2013 Gaastra pics?
- also found site with heaps of 2013 pics, your antivirus may block it. biwakofreeride.tumblr.com/#_=_

ABCELMO
104 posts
28 Apr 2012 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

ZackAttack said...

Has anyone found any 2013 Gaastra pics?

Apparently this is the 2013 Gaastra Manic

"Cape Sports Center hosted the Gaastra / Tabou photo shoot for all the 2013 windsurf equipment brochure "

http://www.capesport.co.za/articles/article_details/144

ABCELMO
104 posts
18 May 2012 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking 2013 H2 from NP

North Hero 2013

Naish Force proto

Mark _australia
WA, 22287 posts
18 May 2012 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

windlure said...

“Wizard” to will replace the Firefly in the Neilpryde line-up

I hope it is not a replacement. The Firefly is a great wavesail for heavier fellas to use as their biggest sail, but it is a very stable foil and is good for freeride crossover. Probably the best crossover sail I've ever found.

Add a pure freestyle sail like the Wizard, yes. But to drop the Firefly would be silly.
I thought I heard the Firefly remains in the lineup but maybe not?

jermaldan
VIC, 1572 posts
18 May 2012 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

windlure said...

Design looks like a Severne Rip Off.

AJEaster
NSW, 696 posts
18 May 2012 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...
I hope it is not a replacement. The Firefly is a great wavesail for heavier fellas to use as their biggest sail, but it is a very stable foil and is good for freeride crossover. Probably the best crossover sail I've ever found.

Add a pure freestyle sail like the Wizard, yes. But to drop the Firefly would be silly.
I thought I heard the Firefly remains in the lineup but maybe not?

I second that Mark.....I have used the Firefly on flat water with my skate and a bigger fin and got 32.71kn (max speed, not 2sec), and it is also nice and powerful in the surf to get planing in light winds and still be easy to throw around when on a wave. It is my favourite sail bar none. I have it in the 6.5, and smaller sails in Atlas.

westozwind
WA, 1393 posts
18 May 2012 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Mr Polakow doing a bit of equipment testing

jermaldan
VIC, 1572 posts
18 May 2012 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

jermaldan said...

windlure said...

Seriously, red thumbs? Take a look, just like the blade.

Mark _australia
WA, 22287 posts
18 May 2012 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a little confused as to the similarity between the NP H2 and Severne Blade - apart from the use of red somewhere on it?

izaak
TAS, 1972 posts
18 May 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

jermaldan said...

windlure said...

Nothing like a severne.....So why brand bash.. And why compare it to a wave sail.

Mobydisc
NSW, 9028 posts
18 May 2012 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

If the sails are similar then the Blade is copying the H2. The H2 clearly had linage back to the RS sails at were being made close to ten years ago.

Wood Duck
157 posts
18 May 2012 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Wood Duck said...

It might be red but thats it you clown. Get some glasses.
NP 8 battens, 3 cambers, large luff sleeve, low aspect outline etc.
Severne 5 battens, no cambers, RAF luff, high aspect outline.

jermaldan said...

jermaldan said...

windlure said...

Seriously, red thumbs? Take a look, just like the blade.

Dippa
WA, 58 posts
18 May 2012 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Mobydisc said...

If the sails are similar then the Blade is copying the H2. The H2 clearly had linage back to the RS sails at were being made close to ten years ago.

I asked a VERY well known local sailor why didn't he use Severne...(paraphrasing) I dont like companies that copy other peoples work and call it their own!

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
18 May 2012 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

everything is copied from somewhere, not too much is truely original these days.

P.C_simpson
NSW, 1489 posts
19 May 2012 1:35AM
Thumbs Up

Dippa said...

Mobydisc said...

I asked a VERY well known local sailor why didn't he use Severne...(paraphrasing) I dont like companies that copy other peoples work and call it their own!

He must of had his head up his a## for the last few years then, what are they copying exactly? Using a sewing machine?

Look, JP are just copying another company, there Quad looks like a Quatro or is it a Fanatic or is it?

I'm 100% certin in the Neil Pryde loft there would be Gaastra, North, Severne etc sails stashed in there somewhere and the same with board companies...

What do you think car companies do, or computer companies or pretty much 90% of companies..

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
19 May 2012 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

too bad Mark_, it is a replacement for the firefly in 2013

from 3.9 to 6.9, every 30cm² !!

racerX
458 posts
19 May 2012 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

seanhogan said...

too bad Mark_, it is a replacement for the firefly in 2013

from 3.9 to 6.9, every 30cm² !!

sean, we seen to be on the same beach! Small world. Hopefully we will get some wind tomorrow! I am will be on a severne sail and a fanatic skate.

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
19 May 2012 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

P.C_simpson said...

Dippa said...

Mobydisc said...

He must of had his head up his a## for the last few years then, what are they copying exactly? Using a sewing machine?

Look, JP are just copying another company, there Quad looks like a Quatro or is it a Fanatic or is it?

I'm 100% certin in the Neil Pryde loft there would be Gaastra, North, Severne etc sails stashed in there somewhere and the same with board companies...

What do you think car companies do, or computer companies or pretty much 90% of companies..

every sail uses a boom, mast, extension....

i mean we all build roofs the same, so theres gotta be some sort of standard that sail lofts have to follow...

just cause some one invented something doesnt mean its exclusive to them, they want to apply it to their own brand thats fine...

how else do we learn, we dont all to make the same mistakes to learn, we use other peoples mistakes and successes.

R and D baby

research everyone elses designs

develope way to make it our own

hehe yes ive had a few drinks

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
20 May 2012 1:22AM
Thumbs Up

If you're talking about styling, which one copied Aerotech circa 2007? (Holes in the sail solely developed by me )

choco
SA, 4028 posts
20 May 2012 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

P.C_simpson said...

Dippa said...

Mobydisc said...

They regualry test other sail brands against their own and make no secret about it, find the Buzianis interview and he mention's it there as an example.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7976 posts
20 May 2012 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

westozwind said...

Mr Polakow doing a bit of equipment testing

Did it survive..?

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"2013 Gear" started by ABCELMO