Gaastra 2013 pics at last....

Manic

manic

IQ

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
6 Jul 2012 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone notice that the penis is back on the Tabous ?

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
7 Jul 2012 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

robust looking sails

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
7 Jul 2012 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

MY New SSD CUSTOM floaty thruster WAVE board for 2012 / 13 with Flyers and thin med / soft flexi custom sidies run with a 210cm center fin. 8Ft 100L

Zachery
597 posts
7 Jul 2012 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Show us your bottom gangsta

ABCELMO
104 posts
8 Jul 2012 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Serverne 2013

ABCELMO
104 posts
8 Jul 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Naish 2013 look

erikl
5 posts
10 Jul 2012 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

found a lot off new 2013 gear down here :

http://www.mobed.nl/search/label/2013

etc.
RRD 2013 www.mobed.nl/2012/07/rrd-2013.html
JP 2013 www.mobed.nl/2012/07/jp-australia-2013-freestyle-pro-edition.html
EZZY Sails 2013 www.mobed.nl/2012/07/ezzy-sails-2013.html
Gaastra Vapor www.mobed.nl/2012/07/preview-gaastra-vapor-2013.html

ABCELMO
104 posts
10 Jul 2012 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Gaastra Phantom looks interesting:

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
11 Jul 2012 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

timford
NSW, 510 posts
11 Jul 2012 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

very very cool!

seanhogan said...

Hooksey
WA, 556 posts
11 Jul 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

has anyone seen SB's 2013 range?

shinobi
151 posts
11 Jul 2012 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

SB's 2013 wave&freestyle gear catalogs are in the gear review forum.
www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Review/Starboard-2013/
iSonics and Futura info is their as well.
~Shinobi

ABCELMO
104 posts
12 Jul 2012 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Naish boards 2013

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
12 Jul 2012 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice to see plenty of colour in the 2013 gear!

AJEaster
NSW, 696 posts
12 Jul 2012 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Alberto said...

http://www.boardkings.com/2012/07/quatro-quad-ls-2013-preview/

NIIIICE to see the new Quatro offerings of the LS Quad and Thruster. Coming out in some big sizes too, up to 110L. Wonder if the bigger boards are more suited to the bigger boys as their 'normal waveboard', or more for the regular weight guys to have a floaty light wind waveboard? Given the widths (63 for the 110 and 61 for the 98 and 102) maybe the later? regardless, they look nice

Reflex Films
WA, 1445 posts
12 Jul 2012 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

This was posted in the reviews section - thought it might also get some interest here as its an Aussie design

The first review of the Starboard Nuevo 80 is out
- this is basically a custom Nude Chopper design (a twin fin shape a bunch of us here in Australia have been loving ) with some small variations - notably a slightly faster rocker line (the original rocker line was pretty fast to plane up anyway

I had the luck to be able to ride this at the Starboard Photo / video shoot in WA last feb - for some mast mount / chase cam shots - and was personally VERY stoked with the way the production board came out.

If you are into technical reviews then it is difficult to go past German surf - who got a ride on a near final proto

this is what they said:

2013 is going to be exciting for waveriders: with a mysterious grin that we found very difficult to read, Starboard designer Tiesda You handed us a prototype he was "working on" somewhere towards the end of 2011.

A board that won't have to fear any kind of competition in clean conditions.

"It transfers so easy from rail to rail, you hardly use any force at all. It's the best thing that I've ever surfed"; a flabbergasted reviewer stuttered.

The conditions on that day were first class. Clean waves, a little side-offshore, and that'sthe kind of conditions where this board comes into its own.

Never before has a factory-produced board been able to approach the "real" surf style, but a lot of pressure in your sail and chaotic waves will turn thise board into a bouncy kangaroo. That shouldn't be a problem though since Starboard comes out with this Euro-wave rocket but in addition to that there's the Köster Kode, and the Quad. The NuEvo, available from August on, hardly eneds any wind pressure and just the pressure of the wave will already propel it towards the lip after a bottom turn. It doesn't require applied pressure, it just goes without loosing speed.

SURF-recommendation:
An incredible board for light winds and clean waves - from knee high to up to 2 meters.

(I think they may not have realised how awesome these boards go in average conditions too )

So there it is - looks like you can get your board complete with custom spray direct from Nude

or get one straight off the shelf from your local windsurfing shop

r2908
NSW, 214 posts
13 Jul 2012 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

nothing looks more severne than the new 2013 Tushingham Rock,, not that it matters

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Jul 2012 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

Reflex Films said...

This was posted in the reviews section - thought it might also get some interest here as its an Aussie design

- this is basically a custom Nude Chopper design (a twin fin shape a bunch of us here in Australia have been loving ) with some small variations - notably a slightly faster rocker line (the original rocker line was pretty fast to plane up anyway

I had the luck to be able to ride this at the Starboard Photo / video shoot in WA last feb - for some mast mount / chase cam shots - and was personally VERY stoked with the way the production board came out.

If you are into technical reviews then it is difficult to go past German surf - who got a ride on a near final proto

this is what they said:

2013 is going to be exciting for waveriders: with a mysterious grin that we found very difficult to read, Starboard designer Tiesda You handed us a prototype he was "working on" somewhere towards the end of 2011.

A board that won't have to fear any kind of competition in clean conditions.

"It transfers so easy from rail to rail, you hardly use any force at all. It's the best thing that I've ever surfed"; a flabbergasted reviewer stuttered.

The conditions on that day were first class. Clean waves, a little side-offshore, and that'sthe kind of conditions where this board comes into its own.

Never before has a factory-produced board been able to approach the "real" surf style, but a lot of pressure in your sail and chaotic waves will turn thise board into a bouncy kangaroo. That shouldn't be a problem though since Starboard comes out with this Euro-wave rocket but in addition to that there's the Köster Kode, and the Quad. The NuEvo, available from August on, hardly eneds any wind pressure and just the pressure of the wave will already propel it towards the lip after a bottom turn. It doesn't require applied pressure, it just goes without loosing speed.

SURF-recommendation:
An incredible board for light winds and clean waves - from knee high to up to 2 meters.

(I think they may not have realised how awesome these boards go in average conditions too )

So there it is - looks like you can get your board complete with custom spray direct from Nude

or get one straight off the shelf from your local windsurfing shop

Hey Matt, if the Nuevo is an "australian design " and "basically a nude chopper" why would you get one opposed to say...... Just getting a nude chopper?

barn
WA, 2960 posts
14 Jul 2012 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

dan berry said...
Hey Matt, if the Nuevo is an "australian design " and "basically a nude chopper" why would you get one opposed to say...... Just getting a nude chopper?

Don't think Nude can make enough boards for the amount of people who should be sailing one.

Kinda like if you can't get tickets to ABBA, you might have to settle for Bjorn Again.

---

Have a Nuevo sitting on the pingpong table, looks real nice.

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Jul 2012 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

So it's like a 40yr old abba cover show????

Reflex Films
WA, 1445 posts
14 Jul 2012 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

i reckon the wave market has a few segments.

you have you sailor who just wants plug and play performance. they are probably time poor with a job and family. they also might like the idea of a warranty and also have a good relationship with a shop that has looked after them with service , trade ins etc for a few years. thats your production board guy.

then you have your sailor that might want to customise with a super. slick paint job - maybe some different strap or fin configurations. this sailor can pre order and wait 8 weeks for a board and knows that if they put in a super high jump and land it flat that they have to take some responsibility for the consequences

both of those thpe of customer can get a really sick board. i will be riding my custom 90 and a production 80 nuevo this season.

fwiw i rode scotts quad 74 at the shoot and that was a super sick board too. its the same shape he is reschooling the pwa on wave riding at the tenerife event as i write this response.

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
14 Jul 2012 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Reflex Films said...

Just out of interest does Hoops get anything from Starboard for 'designing' their new wave board ?

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Jul 2012 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Free Bjorn again tickets with barn?

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Jul 2012 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

While we're on the subject of dancing queens, how's the leg goin barn?

Reflex Films
WA, 1445 posts
14 Jul 2012 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

i would expect that there would be a deal of some sort struck up between the 2 parties -

you could speculate that it could be a per unit payment or an upfront development payment -or a combo of both - who knows - the possibilities are endless

Its probably info private to both parties. I do know more people win on the riding side as these shapes become accessible to more riders

As a long time surfer i really appreciate how amazingly tight these boards turn -even the 90 litre board is crazy loose but drivey at the same time- with fast plane up performance which in turn leads to lots of jumps and super control in the air - so you can super spin fwds and correct pushies / backies mid rotation.

I have very little time nor tolerance for boards that are:

1. Turny but slow
2. Fast but stiff

WindWarrior said...

Reflex Films said...

Just out of interest does Hoops get anything from Starboard for 'designing' their new wave board ?

stehsegler
WA, 3463 posts
14 Jul 2012 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Reflex Films said...

i reckon the wave market has a few segments.

yeah... what about the 90kg+ market. Totally overlooked by most brands. Yes, some make big wave boards but they are really light wind wave boards for lighter guys.

stehsegler
WA, 3463 posts
14 Jul 2012 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

WindWarrior said...

yo... are you back in the land of OZ?

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"2013 Gear" started by ABCELMO