Forums > Windsurfing General

Burrum Windfest 2014

Created by Gestalt > 9 months ago, 15 Aug 2013
pedro e
VIC, 257 posts
19 Apr 2014 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, we'll done on all the PBs at Burrum on Monday!! I would have loved to have been there.... But the 2000km drive back up seemed a tad too much..

Count me in for a CD also Justin.

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
20 Apr 2014 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

will do andy.

i'll get them online tomorrow night. I've been a bit slack finishing off the event thankyou letter so will post it all at the same time tomorrow..

also, thanks guys for the positive comments on the photos. I'm always learning with the camera. there's some amazing photographers on seabreeze that always give me food for thought. now that it's all said and done one thing I'd approach differently next time is i'd like use a wider lens a bit more to enhance the depth and punch of some of the images further. so might need to take another trip to burrum next time it's windy.

Rolz
QLD, 161 posts
20 Apr 2014 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gestalt said..
might need to take another trip to burrum next time it's windy.

Yeah all this extra work I'm doing, I'm due for some time in lieu so if there is a crew planning on heading up to Burrum on a kick arse S/SE'erly I'd love to know...

Maybe a post on the Wind Wanderer's FB page (as well as here) as it's easier (for me) to follow posts on that than always coming back to here...

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
23 Apr 2014 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

sorry for the delay andy.

I found a few from the final day. did you change sails? must be an ezzy thing.....

andysails
SA, 79 posts
23 Apr 2014 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Justin! The red Ezzy sail is Nigel (I think).
Yep, I was on the 2014 Hotsails GPS on the second last day with white/blue-orange trim. Looking forward to the DVD... Any forecast on a publish date?

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
23 Apr 2014 11:01PM
Thumbs Up

yeah it's nigel.

i don't have an exact eta for the discs. i would imagine it is next week now. we have a small video of the event that PD put together but i am still waiting on video from another source.

i'll send out emails to the windfest committee this weekend to finalise a few things as well so you'll be cc'd in on those.

Custom1111
QLD, 119 posts
28 Apr 2014 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Some images of a great week at Windfest Burrum Heads...enjoy...

JonesySail
QLD, 1083 posts
28 Apr 2014 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Vid Pete D!
Love the tunes too, kind sounded like some wild drunken rock pirates!

JustinL
NSW, 467 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Apr 2014 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid. the wind looks a lot lighter than it was in the video.
at 1:17 I think this was a gybe I did in front of Vando and got in trouble for it from the committee! Vando loved it

JustinL
NSW, 467 posts
Site Sponsor
25 Jun 2014 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Is this thread still going? LOL
finally uploaded some footage from a camera I got from Target

ka72
QLD, 580 posts
26 Jun 2014 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing Justin.

Kato's also done a bit of a story about his first trip to Windfest inverlochwindsurf.org.au/. Glad you could make it along Kato and nice to meet Peter and Lari. Congrats again to Katelyn who sailed really well. Hope to see a few more juniors up there next year competing.

Had a message from Justin (Gestalt) that the photo CD's are almost ready, will have more info on this soon. Plan is to place a Paypal button on the WindWanderers website for those that wish to purchase a disc.

aussieboats
NSW, 342 posts
27 Jun 2014 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Nice one , i knew you didnt know which way was up

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
29 Jun 2014 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JustinL said...
Nice vid. the wind looks a lot lighter than it was in the video.
at 1:17 I think this was a gybe I did in front of Vando and got in trouble for it from the committee! Vando loved it

my heart was in my mouth at that gybe.

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
29 Jun 2014 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ka72 said...
Thanks for sharing Justin.

Kato's also done a bit of a story about his first trip to Windfest inverlochwindsurf.org.au/. Glad you could make it along Kato and nice to meet Peter and Lari. Congrats again to Katelyn who sailed really well. Hope to see a few more juniors up there next year competing.

Had a message from Justin (Gestalt) that the photo CD's are almost ready, will have more info on this soon. Plan is to place a Paypal button on the WindWanderers website for those that wish to purchase a disc.

thanks kellie,

yes, the good news is the disc is finally ready. the hold up occurred while we waited for a disc to arrive from channel 7 containing their coverage of the event. the slow down happened at ch7 end because reporters and staff have been moving around internally to new positions and therefore ended up out of the loop.

the last call (and there have been many from multiple people since windfest) was put in just prior to the nationals but after no response back we gave up on the disc.

unexpectedly, it arrived during the nationals at windwanderers headquarters on the sunny coast. i'll be picking it up this coming weekend from WW headquarters.

so.

everyone that buys a disc of photos from this years burrum windfest will also get a free disc containing the video and tv coverage of the event.

Kite Mag
VIC, 154 posts
1 Jul 2014 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,
I know event is not on till early 2015. However, we have a mag coming out in September.
Why don't we do a promo story, so you get more interest?
Happy to run something for you.

Gestalt
QLD, 14393 posts
1 Jul 2014 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kite Mag said...
Hey guys,
I know event is not on till early 2015. However, we have a mag coming out in September.
Why don't we do a promo story, so you get more interest?
Happy to run something for you.

hi kite mag,

appreciate the heads up. I've got something coming your way for the sep issue.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Burrum Windfest 2014" started by Gestalt