Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Muppetcam at Hardies 14/01/2009

Created by elmo > 9 months ago, 16 Jan 2009
NotWal
QLD, 7428 posts
8 Feb 2009 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

ka43 said...

Elmo, those words you utter when the fin lets go, is that a muppet dialect??
I always thought it was "windsurfer speak", I do it all the time.

It's "windsurferish". There was a thread about it some time ago.

Love your vids Elmo. You are so NOT a wanker. Its real life windsurfing. Not aspiration at all. More like those documentaries of the third world appealing for aid. All those how-to vids should have a section like this - this is what it's really like kids.

I'm looking forward to the vid of you with your gloves off "Elmo feeds the chickens - the bitter truth". The doco that dispels the myth ...where will you post it?

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
8 Feb 2009 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Might do an Elmo "Exposed" next time

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
25 Feb 2009 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Latest Muppetcam from Race 1 WSP Mandurah drags.

Showing my ineptitude right from the start

The vid has been edited down to fit on You tube eah leg of the race was +4km long with only one gybe to stuff up

Don't forget to make the vid High quality by clicking on arrow bottom right hand corner and selecting HQ when the vid is running

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
25 Feb 2009 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Haha very nice editing there speedy

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
25 Feb 2009 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Mate you've out done yourself

That bloody soundtrack had me crying, never heard one like it and as Vando said great editing especially the gybe Keep them coming

Elmo can your head move, I think you only had eyes for the marker, you need to look at your mates as you go past and give them the finger

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
25 Feb 2009 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

You don't want to know how much editing and trial and error got the crash sound effect timed with the gybe splatt

I've got the other 2 races I recorded on standby to edit and upload which I shall hopefully have done by the end of the week

I make one of the Gybes

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
25 Feb 2009 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

elmo said...

You don't want to know how much editing and trial and error got the crash sound effect timed with the gybe splatt

And you did it so well

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
25 Feb 2009 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

firiebob said...

elmo said...

And you did it so well

I am the master at falling over (occasionally with style)

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
26 Feb 2009 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Here's Race 3,

Finally sorted the soundtrack, still didn't come up right program kept leaving a blank bit between tracks Tried saving it 4 times @ 20mins a shot, gave up in the end, anyone got any good video editing prog's suggestions

Don't laugh to much at the Gumby start again

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
3 Mar 2009 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Heres a quicky of Snides going past on a Nm run

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
3 Mar 2009 11:57PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a quick vid of one of my many cavitations last weekend, no potty mouth this time Was quite a good one.

Yes it does look quite flat, thats the joy of the FE lense, the chops actually about 6-8" (15-20cm) on the smooth part which isn't a huge amount unless you use a 24cm weedy then you start thinking you don't actually have much fin in the water as you skip across it.

Hope you enjoy (I did)

Turn up the volume

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
4 Mar 2009 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Well done, keep them coming

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
4 Mar 2009 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Here's some of my early runs before the wind came in, test driving a new (experimental) fin, definite yeehargh's

Turn up the volume there's no music but you can here the chop slap and the occasional Muppet mutter

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Muppetcam at Hardies 14/01/2009" started by elmo