Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Sandstone Seabreezers

Created by Paddles B'mere > 9 months ago, 14 Nov 2015
Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
30 Dec 2016 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Sure was, that was fun. Looks like a few thousand of my little blue friends have made their way over from Beachmere too.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
30 Dec 2016 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

They always come with the northerly's. So did the weed today. I was there early, and they were way worse. When the tide was "dead low", the weed and the jellyfish eased off a lot, ( in the flat water / speed strip ), but there was "That Bad Patch" out in the deeper channel.
All in all, that was awesome. That spot shined today. We are lucky. Cloud nine driving home.

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
31 Dec 2016 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Windier than yesterday at turners

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
31 Dec 2016 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Bugger!!!!!! Have new years obligations. Hope ya's have a ball. Happy new year to all. Cheers.

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
31 Dec 2016 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Overpowered with 7.3 and 107L
Bank and channel just starting to work now.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
1 Jan 2017 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Wade, NYE session at the pub for me so a nice quiet afternoon. Plenty of wind on the lawn at the Sandstone Pub. If I return to normal I might keep an eye on Turners for late this arvo, but bit of quiet time right now.

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
1 Jan 2017 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Same here.
If I go out i might leave it till pretty late to catch the low tide.
Still sore after yesterday. 60km plus finally got 30kn on the GPS

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7960 posts
1 Jan 2017 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AvB said..
The pain was indescribable but at the moment the accumulated doses of morphine ( repeated), fentanyl, methoxyflurane, endone and a NSAID I haven't heard of before have transported me to a transcendental state of near euphoria. The irony of the situation is almost funny ... quitting dirt biking due to the injuries and then breaking 5 ribs out windsurfing! The CT scan showed I have broken 5 ribs in my mid back and a minor haemo and pneumothorax with lung confusion. The doc said they see this degree of rib breakage in bad car accidents. I really have become genuinely accident prone. They have admitted me and I'm staying in at least till tomorrow. . They say I have to be capable of breathing deeply and mobile before I can go home. We are very lucky to live in a country with such a great medical system.

That's a hell of an injury! What happened?

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
1 Jan 2017 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Man that was hard work, 20kn + gusty conditions at Turner's with plenty of holes in it. Sailed with Adam and then Dennis showed up after a long layoff with Wade coming late for the low tide blast. Crazy kiter Shawn came up with another strong wind quote of the day . He was teaching a mate to fly the kite down at the sandspit when Adam saw a gust launch the learner up and over the spit and the kite ended in amongst the mangroves. Quote was "the kite is not too big, it's just that he's too small".

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
1 Jan 2017 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Nice arvo. Bit gusty by time I got out but still powered up with a 6.6
Didn't get out of there till 7
Got the dead low tide which was awesome.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
2 Jan 2017 6:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Janet, I've just found a suitable piece of everyday wear for Andrew, given his ability to hurt himself doing just about anything. He should probably consider sleeping in it too. However, I am a bit worried that he will need to take it off to go to the toilet but surely there's nothing he can damage himself on in such a small room ..................

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
2 Jan 2017 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Watching wind forecast for a sail this arvo after work

Gratitude to Adam for delaying his NYE plans and dropping of a spare mast base on Saturday -

Cheers Jeff

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
2 Jan 2017 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

There is a bit of wind here now on Bribie I will probably be heading to Turner's camp later on the arvo

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
2 Jan 2017 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Tough conditions again today, wind gusting 10-20 up and down and then it dropped off. Rigged a 6.1 but should have used a 7 like Adam or 7.5 like Jeff, either way it didn't matter once the wind dropped. SE change tonight and perfect tides for Sandstone for the rest of the week, I think a bit of sailing is in order.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
3 Jan 2017 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Tony, Adam and myself will head over to Sandstone just before lunch if anyone's keen on joining us. Looks like ideal conditions for Sandstone for the rest of the week now, SE wind and afternoon tides, happy days.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
3 Jan 2017 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Few takers today for a wild and woolly Sandstone high tide session today. Myself and Adam were joined by Brent, Tony, The Pope, Peter and Darren. Started off wild on a 5.5 then the wind started to drop so changed to a 6.1 then it dropped enough for the Pope to head to the showers in disgust whilst Tony showed true ticker by making a beer sacrifice to the wind gods by pulling a 6 pack out of the car fridge. As we chugged down a stubby each, the wind and rain came back in for a good old storm sail. We all headed back out and sailed till we dropped and then packed up in the p!ssing down rain and wind. Beer sacrifices work in 100% of all tests conducted today, end of story.

Bone's
QLD, 195 posts
3 Jan 2017 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Yes was another perfect day at sandstone with nearly all the crew, a couple of colourful characters were missed though. Some sooks left early (probably had to get dinner started) and left Darren and I with the whole place, wind came in even better. Smiles everywhere all the way home.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
3 Jan 2017 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Bahaha. Thank's for the beer mate. Was Brad at work? If he had of turned up, there wouldn't have been enough beer.
Finally got my rig right at the end, and made the day. Really good crowd. Great to have a good bunch to share the passion with.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
4 Jan 2017 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dag's, long time no see.
In Tasmazia at the moment. Might go for another sail today, not as cold as I expected, but am trying not to drop too many gybes.
Hold my beer, I will grab it when I get back.

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
4 Jan 2017 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Great session yesterday great company and thanks for the beers Tony. It's looking good for today as well. I'm counting my gybe at the moment I'm up to 11 but didn't do any yesterday conditions were a little hard. I did a lot of crashing trying.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
4 Jan 2017 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Oh bugger, g'day mate. That backfired on me. You must be having more fun than all of us up here.
Getting use to little sail's by now I bet. Turners and Sandstone will be boring for a while when you get back.
See you when you get back here on big gear.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
4 Jan 2017 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Looking good here again this morning, wind only dropped down for a few hours through the night and is back in again. Rain has eased but is forecast to be torrential to the south of us (you won't be able to do your yard chores again today Darren so you're right to sail)

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
4 Jan 2017 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Just picked up some work, and a couple of appointment's this-arve.
Look's good though. Have fun all.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
4 Jan 2017 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yet another day of the Sandstone christmas sailing extravaganza today. Since boxing day, Adam and myself have sailed every day other than new year's eve and the gift just keeps on giving with it looking good till sunday with SE wind and afternoon high tides. Tony and Brent are back in the game for this week along with The Pope. JV Jonno even put in a cameo appearance today to show us how we might be able to go if we weighed next to nothing and had better sailing skills. 20kn conditions again today with the wind going up and down and being a bit frustrating till after the turn of the tide. I rigged a 5.5 that didn't even make it into the water before I quickly rigged a 6.1 which was good for quite a while before it simply wasn't big enough and I wished I had the 7.0 on. The Pope and I gave up and went home around 3:30 but the other lads hung in there as the tide dropped, the water calmed down and the wind came back in for another hour or two. Adam has been pulling off the occasional jybe each day for the last week so has had a head start on me but I jagged my first planing jybes today so I'm pleased as my goal was to be able to consistently jybe by the end of my second year of windsurfing. I could already tack and jybe the windsup at gliding speed as well as tack the Magic pretty damn quick but couldn't jybe the Magic to save myself. Bring on tomorrow for more.

spanishwog
QLD, 115 posts
5 Jan 2017 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all - been meaning to come up your way for a while to try your gnarly spot. The forecast looks ok for tomorrow after lunch - anyone going to be there to show an intruder around?
cheers

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
5 Jan 2017 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be there if there's any wind. I think Tony and John are talking about coming too. Maybe 1 or 2 more might show up as well. It's looking real good for Saturday arvo.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
5 Jan 2017 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, if the wind blows I'll sail tomorrow arvo. Rest day today to catch up on the chores.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
5 Jan 2017 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Don't think I'll be making Cootharaba. Have a bit of work on, but will be finding time to get to Bribie throughout.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
5 Jan 2017 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Good backup plan Dags, looking ok for tomorrow arvie and even better for saturday arvo. See you there.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
6 Jan 2017 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

I'm making the trip up to sandstone tomorrow to catch up with you usual suspects after a few weeks off the board.
Looking forward to a big day and a tiring drive home.
Hope I can remember how to sail.....

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Sandstone Seabreezers" started by Paddles B'mere