QLD, 3116 posts
22 Jul 2015 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Looking good Morgan.

ShailerSailor
QLD, 45 posts
22 Jul 2015 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Great day's sailing Morgan, and good work on the video. Congratulations mate! Look forward to seeing you and the others second week of school holidays at Cootharaba. Cheers, Jack.

evilC
QLD, 673 posts
22 Jul 2015 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Looking good Morgan. I reckon you are ready to get that back foot into the back strap

ROSSS
QLD, 47 posts
22 Jul 2015 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Good video, need to come down and take some shots of you guys on my camera.

MalJ
QLD, 189 posts
22 Jul 2015 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Good work Morgan. I told you - you just needed to get back on that horse again and show it who's the boss

John340
QLD, 3116 posts
22 Jul 2015 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
evilC said..
Looking good Morgan. I reckon you are ready to get that back foot into the back strap

Ditto

Carindale
QLD, 331 posts
23 Jul 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Morgan. It looks like its all starting to come together for you! Better knowledge and better skills = more fun

MarkSSC
QLD, 635 posts
23 Jul 2015 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Morgan...congrats on your Freerace results for 2014/15. I read the post today confirming your position as number 1 in the N Division.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8014 posts
24 Jul 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Great that your getting the straps. Your boom looks pretty high? If you can hook in & out ok that's ok for light winds and will help but as the wind gets stronger especially if your overpowered lowering it to chin/ shoulder height will help with control. It keep the weight on the board ( although I use this more as a lightweight- I'd assume it still works for others when overpowered).
Congrats on the freerace results! Where can we see them?

MarkSSC
QLD, 635 posts
25 Jul 2015 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..
Great that your getting the straps. Your boom looks pretty high? If you can hook in & out ok that's ok for light winds and will help but as the wind gets stronger especially if your overpowered lowering it to chin/ shoulder height will help with control. It keep the weight on the board ( although I use this more as a lightweight- I'd assume it still works for others when overpowered).
Congrats on the freerace results! Where can we see them?

The results are in this thread (only posted in the last day or two) www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Queensland/Freerace-Results-2/

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
1 Aug 2015 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

What no wind again - :-(

Oh will take the boss and my sister into town for a ferry ride and lunch = brownie points

I should have enough browinie points to go windsurfing Sat and Sun for a year now. Woo Hoo

Thats my story and am going to stick with it.

Heading to the Goldie in the morning so might take a board

Cheers
Morgan

waricle
WA, 732 posts
4 Aug 2015 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Morgan, didn't anyone tell you that all brownie points disappear at sunset?

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
8 Aug 2015 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

I missed that memo Pete lol

What's going on with the wind - Improver here not getting much of a go. Might have a look down at RQ this afternoon and see

Feels like I am saving myself for Cootharaba

Cheers
Morgan

MarkSSC
QLD, 635 posts
8 Aug 2015 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

I'm hibernating for the winter. Roll on September!

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
10 Aug 2015 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Wednesday looking good for Wello fingers crossed

AntsC
QLD, 114 posts
10 Aug 2015 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

EKKA winds... hopefully we can make the most of the public holiday! Don't think I can wait til September... haha

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
12 Aug 2015 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Man don't believe it wind today --- looking out the window at Capalaba and not a breath - I am not feeling so bad about that..... as I am crook as a dog. That means I probably shouldn't get in the water. Telling Anita that the salt water should probs clear it up for me lol

I might come down and have a look this afternoon with board on just in case I'm feeling better

Have fun out there
Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
15 Aug 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a go at RQ this afternoon after lunch Woo Hoo

See you down there

Cheers
Morgan

AntsC
QLD, 114 posts
15 Aug 2015 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

See you there Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
16 Aug 2015 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Going to have a look at RQ this morning around 10.30 11am see what's happening. Taking the Rio and 8.5 loft

Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
22 Aug 2015 6:00AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like RQ might be good for this afternoon probably get there around 2pm for a sail

Looking at a van this morning and getting it checked out so might finally have a van woo hoo

See ya at RQ Beach this arve

Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
22 Aug 2015 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Well here's the thing - last week end no wind - the weekend before no wind - the weekend before that no wind - mmmm there is a pattern forming here. So not much wind happening over the last few weeks so what's a man, oh, and woman to do....... drifting with the boys on Thursday night it was Woo hoo. Felt like planning at speed in the dark lol

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
26 Aug 2015 6:45AM
Thumbs Up

Over the last month, man I have been slack not only with the gym but with getting out windsurfing – no good – feel’n fat n stuff.

Managed to get out on the water on Saturday thou woo hoo. Boss not so keen to come down anymore either but hoping this week end at Wyeba that might change. Mother nature can be so cruel……..

Not a lot of wind but turned up at RQ around 2pm the day was perfect, the tide was perfect, the mood was good. Loft 8.5m sail, BP 500 fin, Rio Longtail 259L set up for the day.

Met Paul there and he was heading out for a sail, so hang the expense, let’s have a go. We went for a sail to Wello and back took a while as there was very little wind. Was fun and nice to meet you Paul – looking forward to having a sail with you again soon.

Stats – Beach starts 0, Water starts 0, Planning 0%, Tacks 100%, Gybes 100%, all easy in light winds but still remember how to do these.
My goals for the season Beach Starts, Water Starts, Faster tacks, faster gybes, smaller board to 259L on windy days, 25+ knots and a lot of fun:-)

What's your goals for the season?

I have a couple of noobees going to have a go – going to try and get them to RQ on the 5th Cameron, Dave, Pat – hope that is alright.
I think I have one coming to the Wind Wanderers event this Sunday @ Lake Weyba – hope that is ok Peter, Bryn, Jonesy, Kelly. We are a bit pressed for space, no van yet and trailer in being remodelled, will there be something for Anita to use guys?

Might look at having a sail at the coast on Saturday.

Talking about mother nature – I have watched the wind over the last 6 month blow during the week and die off on the weekend

Hopefully that will change a bit this year.

See you out there

gregwed
QLD, 555 posts
26 Aug 2015 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Morgs - Don't worry, the official season starts 1st September, then we'll be ok!!!!!!!

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
28 Aug 2015 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Greg - phew looking forward to it

Heading to Weyba tomorrow to have a look - fingers crossed

Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
4 Sep 2015 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

What a good turn out at Lake Weyba for the start of season bash put on by Wind Wanderers. There must have been around 20 sailers there from beginners to advanced. It was really nice to catch up with everyone and even have a little light wind sail. There was even someone from the Gold Coast who bought the family up – I have met him before at the free race but sorry forgoten name. Not to mention Andy and Family from Hervey Bay – great to see you, Jill and the girls. Man even Jaye came and enjoyed himself. They travelled far and wide lol to get to the event. Not many photos chief photographer was out on the water early woo hoo. No GPS or Go Pro man a bit slack on it lol. Next time........

We packed in as much as we could in the ‘lane – one sail each, one board each, one boom each, one harness each and the rest.

Anita – Naish 180 Kailuha with 4.5 gun sail bp fin 37.5
Jaye – Naish Nitrix 135, Neil Pryde 7.5m sail with Naish 42 fin
Me – Rio Longtail 259 with loft switchblade 8.5 Drake 46

Amazing really I can still windsurf. Well there were some nice little bursts of wind to tease but that was all – most of the time it was just a light wind sail. Enough to have fun

Thanks Wind Wanderers for keeping this type of event coming we are really looking forward to the heading to Lake Cootharaba later this month.

Ok What’s on this week end – someone said that RQ was running a learn to windsurf day Saturday Morning – haven’t seen it advertised anywhere. But will be there late morning/early afternoon anyway for a sail – I have told a few people but not sure if any are going to turn up

Looks like we might be lucky enough to get a wisp of a breeze on Saturday fingers crossed.
Finally found a van and hope to pick it up on Saturday Morning. The new WLC mobile woo hoo man sick of looking.See you out there
Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
6 Sep 2015 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Happy Fathers day to the dad out there and may the wind be forever in your favour.

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
13 Sep 2015 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Going to go to RQ Beach for a look this morning around 11am - tide looks ok too

There is a little bit of a breeze gently caressing the Naish flag in the back yard - promising

Cheers
Morgan

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
16 Sep 2015 6:42AM
Thumbs Up

Headed out Sunday for a windsurf – didn’t have time but went anyway – there were some teasing gusts but not much at all. It was a beautiful day with a lot of Yachts and sailboats on the water out on the bay. Had a run out and back and pretty well decided that I haven’t got time in my day to wallowing around in very light wind condition so was heading in. I spotted Mal setting up on the beach – I will stick around and have a sail with Mal – haven’t for a while. Spotted a Dolphin off the harbour must of been getting a feed hung around for a while.

There was some very teasing gusts out there so after an hour I decided that nothing going to happen here I’m going to head in – on the way in ‘what’s this’ bang I am planning and woo hoo it came in. Naturally I took as much advantage of it that I could and had a couple of good runs before it dropped again. I even got to the rear foot straps – now that at the beginning of the season is AWESOME……..:-)

I used the Rio Longtail with 50 BP fin and my Loft 8.5m sail managed to run out a 15.9knots – nice… Just started to remember why I like windsurfing. Took me a little to re orientate myself to almost the level I had achieved in a past life before winter. I got into the intermediate straps fairly quickly and soon found myself looking at the rear front straps and bang --- foot in. Once I was comfortable with that I started to think that I just might be able to have a go at the rear strap (back foot) which eluded me last season. Same same as soon as my foot was in the strap I rounded up but, this time I managed to stay on the plane and straighten it out and had a good run maybe half a k. That, I would say was where I clocked the top speed – not much of that big mother board in the water with me standing down the back lol. I just might be ready to have a crack at the Naish 180 litre – which maybe a bit more of an intermediates board.

I did feel as though I was squeezing to most out of the board/kit in the conditions Sunday. Where as last year, I felt there was always a bit power to be had but couldn't get it. What a great place to start the season

Question to the experienced sailors – will the Naish be quicker than the Rio using the same kit, in the same conditions?
Question 2 – would the RSX be Quicker to the Rio Longtail using the same kit?

No windsurfing this week end :-( at Stanthorpe

Cheers
Morgan

Plenty of Traffic out there today

Mal - Blasting away woo hoo

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Windsurfing Learning Curve" started by Dwbh