Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2014 NP RSR EVO6

Created by izaak > 9 months ago, 22 Oct 2013
izaak
TAS, 1972 posts
22 Oct 2013 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Below is the new EVO6, Not too sure on the colors (old school) Don't mind it. But if they are as good, if not better then the EVO5, i'd be very very happy. Looking at a 5.8m myself.. Anyway AA is on top at Luderitz. In the 50's with Hans (NP/JP) not far behind.

AA used the 5.8 to achieve, his first day results. And im wondering if they've went to an RDM mast in the 5.8?, like the 5.0/5.4M.

www.gps-speedsurfing.com/default.aspx?mnu=user&val=135807&uid=412

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
22 Oct 2013 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

A2 will soon have as many stickers on his sail as Bjorn!!

Paul Kelf
WA, 678 posts
22 Oct 2013 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Those results may only be possible with the RRD board & an Assy Boom though

Can't really see the point of that boom.

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
22 Oct 2013 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Paul Kelf said..

Clean airflow I assume but Anders uses a conventional boom. Great photos from Col too on other thread.

Paul Kelf
WA, 678 posts
22 Oct 2013 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sausage said..

Paul Kelf said..

Clean airflow I assume but Anders uses a conventional boom. Great photos from Col too on other thread.

Good point, i was only looking at strength & stiffness

izaak
TAS, 1972 posts
22 Oct 2013 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
22 Oct 2013 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Izaak the foil down low looks so impressive on the Pryde over the last two years

They must have heaps of locked in power. They look more like MauiSails this year with that retro look.

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
22 Oct 2013 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Sails look great to, awesome look.

Also interesting to see how low Anders and Hans have their booms for tall guys. AA has his boom really high and he would be a lot shorter than those two!

Roar
NSW, 471 posts
23 Oct 2013 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

check out AA's boom - both bars n one side :)

choco
SA, 4027 posts
23 Oct 2013 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

what I find interesting is that they wear no helmets one good crack in the head will change that though

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
23 Oct 2013 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

have you seen the size of AA's head....??? no way a helmet would fit on that !!

KevinD002
226 posts
23 Oct 2013 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
seanhogan said..

have you seen the size of AA's head....??? no way a helmet would fit on that !!

True...never realized he was that big!

izaak
TAS, 1972 posts
23 Oct 2013 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Haggar
QLD, 1664 posts
23 Oct 2013 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said...
what I find interesting is that they wear no helmets one good crack in the head will change that though

Yes they should be wearing helmets. Can only assume they think it may hinder their speed or their abilty to sense the surroundings.

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
23 Oct 2013 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Haggar said..

choco said...

Yes they should be wearing helmets. Can only assume they think it may hinder their speed or their abilty to sense the surroundings.

I think you'll find that at the top echelons of any sport there is very little fear factor with these sportsmen - that is what splits the men from the boys. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but self preservation is usually the last thing on their minds. I sometimes wish I didn't have the fear gene but alas I do and it hinders me from being the best in the world. .

choco
SA, 4027 posts
23 Oct 2013 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Antoine would still win races with half a boom

Paul Kelf
WA, 678 posts
24 Oct 2013 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said..
Antoine would still win races with half a boom

Not on Port tack he wouldn't

fitz66
QLD, 575 posts
27 Oct 2013 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sausage said..

Haggar said..

choco said...

I think you'll find that at the top echelons of any sport there is very little fear factor with these sportsmen - that is what splits the men from the boys. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but self preservation is usually the last thing on their minds. I sometimes wish I didn't have the fear gene but alas I do and it hinders me from being the best in the world. .

Don't worry Sausage you have one of the best Bull**** genes in the world. lol

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
27 Oct 2013 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

You're a funny man fitzy.

KiloWatt
20 posts
29 Oct 2013 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

I ride H2 but I was thinking to split to EVOs, what are the main differences?

thanks

KiloWatt

sick_em_rex
NSW, 1600 posts
29 Oct 2013 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KiloWatt said..

thanks

KiloWatt

about a $1000.00

izaak
TAS, 1972 posts
29 Oct 2013 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KiloWatt said...

thanks

KiloWatt

What year h2's are you using? And what sizes are you looking at in the evo's?

The newest h2 racing is basically the new Rs slalom. There for making it the step Down from the evo's. Jacques had proven that the new h2's are dam quick as well.

Main difference's yes price, luff pocket, inter grated clue, more grunt and need to be sailed powered up to get the evo's at their best. Also either x65 or x100 mast are a must... Or x6, x9

KiloWatt
20 posts
30 Oct 2013 12:05AM
Thumbs Up

I use an X6 mast and boom, so price wise choice...
8.2 with 117 Isonic...2013
I have intended that from a rigging point of view are easier to set and last year was my first windsurfing come back after 5 year Kitesurfing.
I enjoin Slalom Windsurfing a lot now so I was wondering if I have to update to EVOs or just keep it simple for another year, without having performances lack..

thanks

KiloWatt

neilpete
WA, 184 posts
30 Oct 2013 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

I use RS slalom as well as RS racing (evo) sails from 5,0m up to 9,5m.
Not having to much of a problem myself, but some having an issue with rotating cambers in evo sails.

If you are happy with the equipment now, and enjoy slalom...
Why considering an upgrade?

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
19 Nov 2013 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

This is from Neilpryde Australia.

"Many of you have already seen shots of Antoine, Anders and Hans using the new RS:Racing EVO6 at the 2013 Luderitz Speed Challenge.

The World Speed Record is yet to be broken but the interest around this new racing sail is now growing around the world.

After a year of continuous development, we are now pleased to introduce the new RS:Racing EVO6 sail.

Robert Stroj has again evolved the way racing sails are built and, talking to him about it in Maui last week, he is really excited about it. The combination of Component Sleeve Construction, Quadruple Luff Panel leading edge, and Clear Batten Pockets are some of the new features that have revolutionised the construction of the sail. The results are enhanced bottom-end power, excellent top-end speed, stability and overall performance.

Robert and our team are confident that this is the best racing sail we have ever made.

Please find attached the product book pages that include the technical information of the sail.

The key dates are also included below. Pricing for the Slalom size sails will be ready tomorrow and we can start taking orders then!

As usual, please let me know if you have any questions."

I have the original in a PDF if anyone wants a copy emailed to them.
Cheers
Marty

choco
SA, 4027 posts
20 Nov 2013 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

That Quadruple Luff Panel leading edge is a copy or very similar to what Severne Relfex's have been using for years, best looking Pryde race sail ever though! glad they've dumped those bland colours gee might even be tempted to buy one next year

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7965 posts
20 Nov 2013 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

That boom is amazing!

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
20 Nov 2013 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said..

That Quadruple Luff Panel leading edge is a copy or very similar to what Severne Relfex's have been using for years, best looking Pryde race sail ever though! glad they've dumped those bland colours gee might even be tempted to buy one next year

Then I guess you can say Severne copied North, as North have had it for 3 years and this is the 2nd year Severne has had it.

choco
SA, 4027 posts
20 Nov 2013 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said..

choco said..

Then I guess you can say Severne copied North, as North have had it for 3 years and this is the 2nd year Severne has had it.

Severne have used it since 2010 going by pics on the net but never realised North had the same feature bit of a change usually brands end up copying what Pryde does.
Back on track the new NP sails look nice

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Review/2010-Severne-Reflex-and-Overdrive/

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
20 Nov 2013 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
20 Nov 2013 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said..

AUS4 said..

choco said..

Severne have used it since 2010 going by pics on the net but never realised North had the same feature bit of a change usually brands end up copying what Pryde does.
Back on track the new NP sails look nice

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Review/2010-Severne-Reflex-and-Overdrive/

I am struggling to count more than 3 luff panels in any of those Reflex sail models (Reflex 1-4)

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 NP RSR EVO6" started by izaak