Forums > Wing Foiling General

KT Ginxu Super K Carbon Mid-Length Foil Boards 2024

Created by Ingenuity 1 month ago, 22 May 2024
Ingenuity
30 posts
22 May 2024 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone riding these board? Just wondering about the Ginxu step design and is it really that effective for water hull release to get on foil. What about the swing weight - longer and narrow.

Taavi
229 posts
22 May 2024 3:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ingenuity said..
Anyone riding these board? Just wondering about the Ginxu step design and is it really that effective for water hull release to get on foil. What about the swing weight - longer and narrow.

MrFish
148 posts
4 Jun 2024 5:36AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone compare one of these to the Armstrong Mid lengths ?

ScarGill
1 posts
4 Jun 2024 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

I'm also quite curious about this board. I'm 100 kg and considering a 104L to step down from my 125L naish hover I've been learning on. Curious how this board performs in light and higher wind and if the 6'9 would be a bit much, or if the foil position is balanced enough that the length isn't really an issue.

Also never been on a neutral volume board and curious if that will be a challenge. I've seen some posts that suggest going above or below weight is better than neutral.

could also consider a 2board quiver with a dw board and a shorter board, but I like the idea of a bit more hull speed of a higher aspect board to make getting up on foil with smaller foils easier.

goldenbreeze
17 posts
14 Jun 2024 11:42PM
Thumbs Up

Also very curious. Currently on a 110l phazer, 96 kg and would like to understand if I should go for the 92l or the 100L one.. Can tack & gybe , intermediate foiler.

KyleT
10 posts
15 Jun 2024 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
goldenbreeze said..
Also very curious. Currently on a 110l phazer, 96 kg and would like to understand if I should go for the 92l or the 100L one.. Can tack & gybe , intermediate foiler.

if you're hitting tacks...
70L or 80L; maybe 92L if you want mellower or light wind. it might seem like a big step down for a couple sessions, but you'll be stoked once you get it sorted.

NikOnFoil
59 posts
15 Jun 2024 1:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Taavi said..

Looks really awesome! Some more info would be great. What size do you use? How is the performance compared to your KT Dragonfly (you have/had one if I remember right)?

Taavi
229 posts
15 Jun 2024 2:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NikOnFoil said..

Taavi said..

Looks really awesome! Some more info would be great. What size do you use? How is the performance compared to your KT Dragonfly (you have/had one if I remember right)?

Thnx. I have used sizes 60 and 70 L, keeping the smaller one for myself and using 70 L for doing demos for anybody interested. I see it as a fun board for windier conditions. Both sizes ride quite similar to a dragonfly 95 (which I am for sure keeping for the light wind days), just a bit more compact feeling and is quite a bit more forgiving and generally easier to use in the waves. But yes, otherwise I find the reactivity and the feel to be pretty similar to dragonfly 95, that is also a super reactive and snappy board. Works well with bigger and more powerful foils too (have used it quite a bit with Sabfoil W1110 and WLP1260 in light winds), but it truly comes to life with smaller and more fun foils.The video above was with a 70 L and Sabfoil WRP875, and the clip below is with a 60 L and WRP825 (746 cm2):

miamiwngr
56 posts
15 Jun 2024 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

I've been riding a kt custom that's based on the super k shape. 60l for my 80kg. Board is great. I can use it in anything but the absolute lightest. It's low end is probably a couple knots higher than my barracuda downwind board. My board is a bit shorter than the production ones (5'4") which was a max length requirement for me. (I think they kept length/width ratio and just scaled up the thickness a bit). Stance is not far back on mine. I like the board a lot, although I would be a lot less interested in the production ones given that they are longer. For me just over 5 feet is where the length becomes annoying. One thing to notice is that the foil track is too far forward for my omen foil. Despite the tracks being super long I have my mast all the way to the back of the box. This might not apply to the production ones at all though

MrFish
148 posts
17 Jun 2024 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone used one with Axis foils, specifically the spitfires ?
After being burnt with foot strap positions being wrong relative to foil boxes, on a custom board, i'm keen to know they work together before ordering one ?

Taavi
229 posts
23 Jun 2024 1:37AM
Thumbs Up

A few more long days with the Super K 60 L.

Subscribe

Forums > Wing Foiling General

"KT Ginxu Super K Carbon Mid-Length Foil Boards 2024" started by Ingenuity