Forums > Wing Foiling General

KT Ginxu Super K Carbon Mid-Length Foil Boards 2024

Created by Ingenuity 4 months ago, 22 May 2024
Ingenuity
31 posts
22 May 2024 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone riding these board? Just wondering about the Ginxu step design and is it really that effective for water hull release to get on foil. What about the swing weight - longer and narrow.

Taavi
270 posts
22 May 2024 3:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ingenuity said..
Anyone riding these board? Just wondering about the Ginxu step design and is it really that effective for water hull release to get on foil. What about the swing weight - longer and narrow.

MrFish
160 posts
4 Jun 2024 5:36AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone compare one of these to the Armstrong Mid lengths ?

ScarGill
1 posts
4 Jun 2024 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

I'm also quite curious about this board. I'm 100 kg and considering a 104L to step down from my 125L naish hover I've been learning on. Curious how this board performs in light and higher wind and if the 6'9 would be a bit much, or if the foil position is balanced enough that the length isn't really an issue.

Also never been on a neutral volume board and curious if that will be a challenge. I've seen some posts that suggest going above or below weight is better than neutral.

could also consider a 2board quiver with a dw board and a shorter board, but I like the idea of a bit more hull speed of a higher aspect board to make getting up on foil with smaller foils easier.

goldenbreeze
17 posts
14 Jun 2024 11:42PM
Thumbs Up

Also very curious. Currently on a 110l phazer, 96 kg and would like to understand if I should go for the 92l or the 100L one.. Can tack & gybe , intermediate foiler.

KyleT
15 posts
15 Jun 2024 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
goldenbreeze said..
Also very curious. Currently on a 110l phazer, 96 kg and would like to understand if I should go for the 92l or the 100L one.. Can tack & gybe , intermediate foiler.

if you're hitting tacks...
70L or 80L; maybe 92L if you want mellower or light wind. it might seem like a big step down for a couple sessions, but you'll be stoked once you get it sorted.

NikOnFoil
69 posts
15 Jun 2024 1:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Taavi said..

Looks really awesome! Some more info would be great. What size do you use? How is the performance compared to your KT Dragonfly (you have/had one if I remember right)?

Taavi
270 posts
15 Jun 2024 2:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NikOnFoil said..

Taavi said..

Looks really awesome! Some more info would be great. What size do you use? How is the performance compared to your KT Dragonfly (you have/had one if I remember right)?

Thnx. I have used sizes 60 and 70 L, keeping the smaller one for myself and using 70 L for doing demos for anybody interested. I see it as a fun board for windier conditions. Both sizes ride quite similar to a dragonfly 95 (which I am for sure keeping for the light wind days), just a bit more compact feeling and is quite a bit more forgiving and generally easier to use in the waves. But yes, otherwise I find the reactivity and the feel to be pretty similar to dragonfly 95, that is also a super reactive and snappy board. Works well with bigger and more powerful foils too (have used it quite a bit with Sabfoil W1110 and WLP1260 in light winds), but it truly comes to life with smaller and more fun foils.The video above was with a 70 L and Sabfoil WRP875, and the clip below is with a 60 L and WRP825 (746 cm2):

miamiwngr
64 posts
15 Jun 2024 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

I've been riding a kt custom that's based on the super k shape. 60l for my 80kg. Board is great. I can use it in anything but the absolute lightest. It's low end is probably a couple knots higher than my barracuda downwind board. My board is a bit shorter than the production ones (5'4") which was a max length requirement for me. (I think they kept length/width ratio and just scaled up the thickness a bit). Stance is not far back on mine. I like the board a lot, although I would be a lot less interested in the production ones given that they are longer. For me just over 5 feet is where the length becomes annoying. One thing to notice is that the foil track is too far forward for my omen foil. Despite the tracks being super long I have my mast all the way to the back of the box. This might not apply to the production ones at all though

MrFish
160 posts
17 Jun 2024 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone used one with Axis foils, specifically the spitfires ?
After being burnt with foot strap positions being wrong relative to foil boxes, on a custom board, i'm keen to know they work together before ordering one ?

Taavi
270 posts
23 Jun 2024 1:37AM
Thumbs Up

A few more long days with the Super K 60 L.

foilthegreats
578 posts
5 Jul 2024 12:54AM
Thumbs Up

My order is in for 5'9" 19.5" 60L

Can't wait to get her in some Lake waves all strapped up!

SlowlyButSurely
88 posts
15 Jul 2024 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Just an FYI...
Friend of mine who's been owning the KT Dragonfly 100L 7ft, tried the Super K 80L yday (long long wait here to get one in Europe) and said light wind performance practically on par; He managed to get up in 7-9kt, 6m DLab, 1180 Armie HA and he weights 77kg.
He said the Super K will be the only board he will keep btw the two.

Jeroensurf
915 posts
15 Jul 2024 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

With a bit of luck my 92 arrives next week. and then see how it does against my AK Phazer 90l wich is a very quick planing board as well.

MrFish
160 posts
15 Jul 2024 5:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jeroensurf said..
With a bit of luck my 92 arrives next week. and then see how it does against my AK Phazer 90l wich is a very quick planing board as well.

Love to hear what you think of it once you've had some time on it.

Taavi
270 posts
15 Jul 2024 6:05AM
Thumbs Up

Took the Super K 60 into some fun waves today. Had a bit too powerful ca 850 cm2 foil in the beginning, and changed to a smaller one (ca 750 cm2) in the second half of the day. Much better for the conditions we had.

Jeroensurf
915 posts
15 Jul 2024 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

lovely conditions

MrFish
160 posts
29 Jul 2024 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

Ordered a 92, should have it in about a month. Will be my light wind board for 8-15knts before I jump on my custom 70L. Excited to see how these mid lengths ride.

NikOnFoil
69 posts
29 Jul 2024 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Have the 6'1 and had it out for a few sessions now. This thing goes forward and up onto foil like crazy, they really nailed it with the shape.

However I don't like the clumsy foil mount track. Too narrow for a lot of T-Nuts, only Duotone T-Nuts seem to work. Cheap plastic that's easy to damage if you're not very careful or use a standard T-Nut like North T-Nuts.

foilthegreats
578 posts
29 Jul 2024 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NikOnFoil said..
Have the 6'1 and had it out for a few sessions now. This thing goes forward and up onto foil like crazy, they really nailed it with the shape.

However I don't like the clumsy foil mount track. Too narrow for a lot of T-Nuts, only Duotone T-Nuts seem to work. Cheap plastic that's easy to damage if you're not very careful or use a standard T-Nut like North T-Nuts.

Try flipping the t-nut upside down. Works great for me on the Dragonfly.

MrFish
160 posts
30 Jul 2024 5:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NikOnFoil said..

hmm, in a time when a lot of other manufacturers are upgrading their boxes with carbon etc, this seems a bit of an oversight !!
What is narrow, the top part of the slot ?

NikOnFoil
69 posts
30 Jul 2024 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
foilthegreats said..
Try flipping the t-nut upside down. Works great for me on the Dragonfly.

Thanks, will try!

Select to expand quote
MrFish said..
hmm, in a time when a lot of other manufacturers are upgrading their boxes with carbon etc, this seems a bit of an oversight !!
What is narrow, the top part of the slot ?

Yes the top part. Cheap plastic and not quite evenly processed, i.e. tighter in some places than in others. Only very narrow T-nuts fit and even these cannot be shifted forward/backward if you want to adjust the foil.

SlowlyButSurely
88 posts
30 Jul 2024 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Armstrong t-nuts works perfect on the Dragonfly.

Taavi
270 posts
31 Jul 2024 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

60 L with a 631 cm? front wing. Sweet.

NikOnFoil
69 posts
2 Aug 2024 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SlowlyButSurely said..
Armstrong t-nuts works perfect on the Dragonfly.

Yes I guess F-One (M6) and Armstrong (M7) no problem but an issue with all brands that use M8. Maybe I get used to it and just turn the T-Nuts upside down.

The shape is very efficient. Have also an AK Nomad 6'6 90L which is easy to stand on if the wind drops to zero but is slightly less efficient than the 6'1 Super K. The KT goes forward and up onto foil like crazy.

Taavi
270 posts
9 Sep 2024 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Paddle up with a KT Super K 60 L. That's crazy :)

www.instagram.com/p/C_qgaPRPw1f/

larsdegroot
82 posts
10 Sep 2024 2:39AM
Thumbs Up

I was looking at this Ginxu pro 2. I'm currently on a north seek 4'10 78L. I would like to size down. But a 62L is 5'3 in length. I do some freestyle, and was thinking... a longer narrower board... I don't know.
But this board is advertised also as being good for freestyle.

Anyone tried this already? I don't want to open another thread, that's why I ask it here.

Jameos
26 posts
10 Sep 2024 3:13AM
Thumbs Up

I have the 62 l. Ginxu 2. Great board for freestyle, too. I actually measured 5'2 and it really doesn't feel long at all, also compared to my previous board, a Sky 4'11.

larsdegroot
82 posts
10 Sep 2024 3:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jameos said..
I have the 62 l. Ginxu 2. Great board for freestyle, too. I actually measured 5'2 and it really doesn't feel long at all, also compared to my previous board, a Sky 4'11.

Nice! How many liters was your sky 4'11? A duotone I guess? And is the Ginxu 2 easy on the knee start compared to that 4'11?

Also, no carry handle... I always use my carry handle

Jameos
26 posts
10 Sep 2024 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

That was 75 l. (Duotone Sky Style SLS '24). Knee starts are quite easy on both, but the Sky was generally more comfortable in light, gusty conditions as the Ginxu obviously sinks deep in the lulls with my 90 kg. Still gets going very early and the lower volume doesn't bother me unless the water is very cold in winter. I think it's a board you can get a size smaller than you're used to as it's so well balanced. Don't miss the handle, I'm tall and can get my arm around it.

larsdegroot
82 posts
10 Sep 2024 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jameos said..
That was 75 l. (Duotone Sky Style SLS '24). Knee starts are quite easy on both, but the Sky was generally more comfortable in light, gusty conditions as the Ginxu obviously sinks deep in the lulls with my 90 kg. Still gets going very early and the lower volume doesn't bother me unless the water is very cold in winter. I think it's a board you can get a size smaller than you're used to as it's so well balanced. Don't miss the handle, I'm tall and can get my arm around it.

Thanks Jameos. Send you a PM.

Subscribe

Forums > Wing Foiling General

"KT Ginxu Super K Carbon Mid-Length Foil Boards 2024" started by Ingenuity