Created by Addikt > 9 months ago, 26 Jun 2013
Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
20 Jul 2013 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Addikt said..

The same only better......

... green and gold,,,,, I like it, really nice colour scheme this year!

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
20 Jul 2013 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Saw some pics of the new prototype ozone bar. Hard to tell from pics but it looks very functional, simple and elegant like ozone know how. Nice bar ends with a fairly shallow line storage curve at the ends and soft, so the freestylers won't have leash tangling worries for all their fancy pancy moves and surf riders will have less dings in their boards!

Typical bungee running through the core, push away etc etc. depower cleat looks like its had some design work, simple and functional again.

Quite honestly though I'm stoked with the simplicity of the current bar but I know there are those that want a more industry standard push away quick release. Well it will be here soon. I know that there has been many hours of collaborative testing done. Unlike some brands, the R and D it seems will be done by ozone not by the unfortunate public who make suggestions on forums like this, then they change it and leave everyone with an inferior system. Have to say that is one thing that shts me.

...or you could go down the f one road and just keep looking up your own ass and never see the light of day.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
22 Jul 2013 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Wainman C ..........

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
22 Jul 2013 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

woaahahhhhh looks amazing!!!!!!

keen to look at the new air ruah varrial

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
22 Jul 2013 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Agreed sweet graphics hey.

ex
WA, 50 posts
23 Jul 2013 12:02AM
Thumbs Up

That looks awesome!!! They would have one of the coolest brand identities going.
Could that be a one pump system and a no pulley bridle system? Any more info....

zarb
NSW, 620 posts
23 Jul 2013 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Some of the new Airush 2014 products are up on their official website now. The Wave looks awesome, but a little too much white in the canopy for my tastes

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
23 Jul 2013 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ex said..

That looks awesome!!! They would have one of the coolest brand identities going.
Could that be a one pump system and a no pulley bridle system? Any more info....

I think you may be right! Praise The Lord! One pump...I'm sure I can see connections there you can?

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
23 Jul 2013 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Addikt said...
Wainman C ..........

Should get some more details over next few days will keep u guys posted....

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
23 Jul 2013 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

About time the coolest kite company got a kite to live up to their image. Looks very nice, will be checking that out for next year

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
23 Jul 2013 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Better than the bunnies for sure.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
23 Jul 2013 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

hope that's a 4 line C. Need more on the market

Irishbaz
VIC, 35 posts
25 Jul 2013 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Big eeeZeee said..

The C-4 is not a four line C, stop kiding yourself....

its a hybrid...

kinda like a Toyota Prius...

I suppose like a C-kite, but for girls...

or like a C-kite, but it has a bridle...

wants to be a four line C like a fuel, but it still has a bridle...

shall I keep going???

ex
WA, 50 posts
25 Jul 2013 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Irishbaz said..

Big eeeZeee said..

its a hybrid...

shall I keep going???

Yes keep going!!!
But instead of ranting please point out the different flying characteristics +&- so we can understand your point off view.

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
25 Jul 2013 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Semantics. Best thing they ever did was add bridals to C shaped kites.

zarb
NSW, 620 posts
25 Jul 2013 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Link to the new RRD Religion official vid. Love the mandarin and blue colour scheme. Are there pulleys on the bridal? It doesn't mention it anywhere.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
25 Jul 2013 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Irishbaz said..

Big eeeZeee said..

its a hybrid...

shall I keep going???

hahaha...

bridle = 5th line. same ****. might see you saturday you bum

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
26 Jul 2013 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Fully C-ick dudes - the Mania C

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
26 Jul 2013 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

I have never been a fan of the wainman bars......some brands are moving in the right direction, slingshot's new design is a great improvement but still just not quiet the wow factor......maybe the the new Ozone bar............crazy fly are also improving........best too but they are all still a bit chunky........?

Weta
WA, 893 posts
27 Jul 2013 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
<div class="postbody">I had a brief session on the 2014 8m Park this afternoon kiting in a winter storm front with moderate surf. As brief as my session was i give the new park a thumbs up for direct feel & response due in large i guess to no pulleys. The new bar is an improvement, the kite is stable, didn't feel more powerful than the 2013 Gen III but due to the direct feel & response the raw power is there on tap to be used. I give the 2014 Park a definite thumbs up.

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
27 Jul 2013 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
What was improved with the bar? I saw a picture of it and could't see any changes, just different colour

Weta
WA, 893 posts
27 Jul 2013 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

New narrower more comfortable grip with memory moulding tech synthetics, I didn't have a problem with the old bar but it didn't suit riders with soft hands. Apart from that the bar is identical with previous naish bars, I personally have no problems with the bar setup.

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
28 Jul 2013 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

That wainman can't be a c kite it has a bridle

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
28 Jul 2013 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

seen the wainman fly, havnt flown it but by the amount it jellyfishes, twists and stalls, i really dont want to. I've never seen a kite jellyfish that much, not even old old c-kites or the old waroo's did it that much!

eppo
WA, 9503 posts
28 Jul 2013 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey I liked the Waroo jellyfish, especially the big ones, when it would nearly invert then whacko give you that almighty uncontrollable power burst, like getting shot out of cannon. Ah those were the days...lol...not good news though, I'm a big big fan of little canopy movement. Hence why I could have got on an Airush one in Bali and just didn't want to!

zarb
NSW, 620 posts
28 Jul 2013 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TurtleHunter said..

From what people are saying on other forums, it gives you the option of flying without the bridle if your heart desires.

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
29 Jul 2013 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
zarb said...
TurtleHunter said..

From what people are saying on other forums, it gives you the option of flying without the bridle if your heart desires.

They have always done this on size 9m and smaller so I would expect the same of this...

kungfupete
VIC, 149 posts
29 Jul 2013 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EnglishCraig said..

zarb said...
TurtleHunter said..

They have always done this on size 9m and smaller so I would expect the same of this...

If I had to guess, I'd say it will have loads of options i.e. V bridle or direct line connection (like the rabbit), and 4 line or 5 line. Can't wait to ride one!!!

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
29 Jul 2013 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kungfupete said..

EnglishCraig said..

zarb said...
TurtleHunter said..

If I had to guess, I'd say it will have loads of options i.e. V bridle or direct line connection (like the rabbit), and 4 line or 5 line. Can't wait to ride one!!!

will you be on them this season Pete?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"I love this time of the year 2014 Kites" started by Addikt