Created by theselkie > 9 months ago, 21 Nov 2018
Chris 249
NSW, 3372 posts
25 Jul 2024 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..
Chris 249 said..
Yah, it's one of the S&S Aqua 30s Syd Fisher built.

Still a good buy and seriously let down by a poor ad. Why have a series of photos the same. Are the S&S Aqua 30's the timber hulls with the fibreglass decks?

I'm fairly sure they were all glass. I don't think many were made, it was probably a tax write off for Syd.

r13
NSW, 1557 posts
27 Jul 2024 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/344170442077148/?media_id=1&ref=share_attachment

Phil Curran not Curren...................

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
28 Jul 2024 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

I just come across that on Market place. I presume the price is wrong. It's worth twice that in scrap metal. From the comments it might actually be 87 thousand which would be about right.

cammd
QLD, 3793 posts
28 Jul 2024 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..

I just come across that on Market place. I presume the price is wrong. It's worth twice that in scrap metal. From the comments it might actually be 87 thousand which would be about right.

looks like it's sold already

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
31 Jul 2024 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

It's probably the only trailer sailer I would buy!

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1326433515?campaign=DM584054&utm_content=&utm_source=trigger&utm_medium=crm_email&utm_campaign=eWPD_C1A_2326

They just had a price reduction. It's worth a drive for that money.

Planter
NSW, 67 posts
31 Jul 2024 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Worth the risk to buy sight unseen - put it on a truck ? Cisco ?

cisco
QLD, 12338 posts
31 Jul 2024 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

I am with Ramona, a Wildfire is the only trailer sailer I would buy too. I know from personal experience that they can handle heavy weather. Off the wind they will get up on the plane. From the photos it looks good and the trailer looks to be rust free.
$2,500 is a bargain price if you are over west but it might cost that much to go get it if you are in the east. They do not come up very often because those who have them know how good they are.

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
6 Aug 2024 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Not sure why but this link doesn't work for me

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
6 Aug 2024 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
julesmoto said..

Noelex 30 with trailer. $52,000

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
6 Aug 2024 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..

julesmoto said..

Noelex 30 with trailer. $52,000

Thanks. That's quite a good price if the boat is good and the trailer good but you can't tow that with just a regular 4 cylinder turbo diesel. Need an F-150 or Ram ideally although perhaps a V6 Ranger.

I was parked up in the Whitsunday Sailing Club last year next to one for three months and it absolutely dwarfed my Clubman which itself is not a small TS so I really would not want to be towing, launching or rigging it.

Woohoo
QLD, 89 posts
15 Aug 2024 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Seabreezer???

yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/davidson-34/315574

EastCoastSail
217 posts
15 Aug 2024 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Above in the advertisement there's three photos of a stake attached by a line to the deck head. What the use/significance of that?

It looks keenly priced

D3
WA, 1060 posts
15 Aug 2024 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Conversation starter? They've uploaded quite a few images of it

Planter
NSW, 67 posts
15 Aug 2024 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

? Damprid/Moisture Absorber ?
Great Value/Quality reno +and well presented/ready to go .
Needs to be used ,out and away from Bundeena !
Mason

woko
NSW, 1599 posts
15 Aug 2024 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

From memory the suspended item is clove oil saturated chalk, Looks like it works. A well presented boat for the $

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
15 Aug 2024 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Good for sailing solo with good gear but would be a hard sell to the wife. Not sure if some of the pictures are old or new but the bulkhead which separates the cockpit from the coach house looks a bit how do you do in one picture but ok in another. The boat is supposedly grp although a lot of the construction doesn't look grp

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
16 Aug 2024 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
julesmoto said..
Good for sailing solo with good gear but would be a hard sell to the wife. Not sure if some of the pictures are old or new but the bulkhead which separates the cockpit from the coach house looks a bit how do you do in one picture but ok in another. The boat is supposedly grp although a lot of the construction doesn't look grp

I thought it was double diagonal and fibreglass sheaved when it first arrived in Australia. Probably being sold by a second owner and not the Seabreezer. I also thought it was 32 feet long, a one-off Davidson design not to be confused with the well-known Davidson 34. Good value though.

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
17 Aug 2024 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

The original listing for this vessel has the LOA as 32 feet 3 inches.

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
17 Aug 2024 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..

So the current owner thinks it's GRP and 34 foot. Doesn't inspire confidence.

cammd
QLD, 3793 posts
17 Aug 2024 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
julesmoto said..

Ramona said..

should be fine, I doubt the owner comes with the boat.

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
17 Aug 2024 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cammd said..

julesmoto said..

Ramona said..

should be fine, I doubt the owner comes with the boat.

His maintenance legacy does tho

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
17 Aug 2024 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Nicholson 35 is still for sale and at a ridiculously cheap price. It needs some simple jobs but is a serious cruiser.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1326260363?campaign=DM589038&utm_content=&utm_source=trigger&utm_medium=crm_email&utm_campaign=eWAE_C1A_2326

JonE
VIC, 282 posts
17 Aug 2024 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

if that's ridiculously cheap I'd hate to see expensive. It needs a new motor, and given there's no mention of the rig let's assume that's 10 years old plus and uninsurable. If they've let the rig and the engine die let's not assume that the sails are in any decent kind of condition.

so it needs what 40 grand spending on it plus 20 for what - a fifty year old fibreglass hull?

that's probably the most expensive IOR boat on the internet!

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
18 Aug 2024 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JonE said..
if that's ridiculously cheap I'd hate to see expensive. It needs a new motor, and given there's no mention of the rig let's assume that's 10 years old plus and uninsurable. If they've let the rig and the engine die let's not assume that the sails are in any decent kind of condition.

so it needs what 40 grand spending on it plus 20 for what - a fifty year old fibreglass hull?

that's probably the most expensive IOR boat on the internet!

Perkins rebuild kits are very cheap. It's a pre IOR long keeler that would be ideal as a Golden Globe entrant. Already has an Aries and is well fitted out with HF radio etc. {HF not allowed in the GG race though]. This boat has excellent bones and reeks of quality. I would only have 3rd party insurance on a 20 grand boat.

Andrew68
VIC, 424 posts
19 Aug 2024 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said..
I would only have 3rd party insurance on a 20 grand boat.

My experience is that 3rd party insurance (if you can get it) on a 50 year boat is more expensive than comprehensive insurance for a 10 year old boat !

Planter
NSW, 67 posts
19 Aug 2024 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Andrew68 said..

Ramona said..
I would only have 3rd party insurance on a 20 grand boat.

My experience is that 3rd party insurance (if you can get it) on a 50 year boat is more expensive than comprehensive insurance for a 10 year old boat !

+ the only reason to get it is to have access to a marina/slip for antifouling !

r13
NSW, 1557 posts
1 Sep 2024 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Very concise advert, and very inexact............good value depending on the hull / keel / rudder structural integrity and diesel condition and sails...
www.boatsales.com.au/boats/hick/

Ramona
NSW, 7591 posts
1 Sep 2024 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
r13 said..
Very concise advert, and very inexact............good value depending on the hull / keel / rudder structural integrity and diesel condition and sails...

I like it.

julesmoto
NSW, 1530 posts
1 Sep 2024 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
r13 said..

Says fiberglass but forepeak doesn't look it.

Chain plates a long way inboard so sheeting angle would be good.

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"Interesting boats for sale" started by theselkie