chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 May 2016 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said...
Macaha said..

Ted the Kiwi said..
Got to say that Bethany blows my mind. What a person. Goodness knows how she even manages to paddle back out half the time - but she can smash it when she gets on a good one.m

agree what a big upset this win was epic

Totally agree, what a legend...

Made my fantasy surfer better

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 May 2016 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
I'm sorry but outside Tyler, Stef, Charrisa and Sally watching the girls surf cloudbreak in anything that gets close to over head is ****ed...all these bottom seed chicks are ****ing useless have a crack girls...if I see anymore half assed turns in the middle of the face I will loose my ****

Yeah its pretty hard to disagree with you on that one. A few of them were really found out today. I think generally the standard of women's surfing has risen hugely in recent years and continues to improve as each comp goes on. But the gap between the top 4 or 5 and the next 12 is huge. Some of those other 10 did manage a few decent turns today - but few and far between and struggled to link them up. As Tux said heaps of critical sections wasted. The judges seem to not be as harsh punishing missed sections and poor turns as they are with the blokes. I think they need to wear some of this blame with their poor signalling of what constitutes a good wave and what doesn't. At the moment the distribution between a high and low score is to compact.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 May 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Made my fantasy

Who - Sage?

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
30 May 2016 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

LB comp

[:

D]

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
31 May 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
I'm sorry but outside Tyler, Stef, Charrisa and Sally watching the girls surf cloudbreak in anything that gets close to over head is ****ed...all these bottom seed chicks are ****ing useless have a crack girls...if I see anymore half assed turns in the middle of the face I will loose my ****

Add B Ham and Laura to the list...Bethany is doing the best turns and Laura is going large of the lip

Sage Ericsson should be ashamed of herself she looks more worried about not hitting the reef face first than she does about winning

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 May 2016 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe add J Defray to the list - doing some great turns in this heat - but not got any of the bigger sets yet - lets see if one comes her way. But she is ripping.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 May 2016 6:57AM
Thumbs Up

sally killed my fantasy team....i need bethany to keep going for me,stoked i picked her for this round.....also i need the saffa to beat that pesky world champ

plus i think your being way farken harsh on the chicks tux., One of the crew we surf with,who has done the wsl ski in fiji before. he said cloudbreak would be one of the gnarliest and most intense waves on the planet{i would like to hear what others say that have surfed it big} he also said even when it just starts going past 6'ft it will make you second guess.

plus i get way more upset when i see the blokes cat it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
31 May 2016 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

I agree those chicks stepped it up today.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
31 May 2016 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
sally killed my fantasy team....i need bethany to keep going for me,stoked i picked her for this round.....also i need the saffa to beat that pesky world champ

plus i think your being way farken harsh on the chicks tux., One of the crew we surf with,who has done the wsl ski in fiji before. he said cloudbreak would be one of the gnarliest and most intense waves on the planet{i would like to hear what others say that have surfed it big} he also said even when it just starts going past 6'ft it will make you second guess.

plus i get way more upset when i see the blokes cat it

Nah bro Laura Enever showed the way...yeah its heavy but your supposed to be getting paid to be the best in the world...plus pound for pound its no heavier than the right at Margies its just longer and maybe a touch shallower on the outside IMO....and yep I have surfed both at reasonable size (at least equal to what they surfed today and yesterday)

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
31 May 2016 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Just watched the highlights from today - looked like they were ripping waves looked pretty much my definition of perfect

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Parko no Rio now no Fiji soon no WSL air lifted from the island.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
3 Jun 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the men are likely to get skunked?! Read something on surfline earlier

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
3 Jun 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Nooooo!!!

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
3 Jun 2016 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

HIF WA LONGBOARD TITLES & STAND UP SURF SHOP WA SUP TITLES - DENMARK

This was down my way a couple of weeks ago. Short sharp sweet little clip with Sandgropers doing their thing.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2016 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

No wonder this guy has lost his froth,Parko on a sup

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
4 Jun 2016 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

I bought a surf sup when i was injured,back on deck now and sold it last week,I was so happy to see it go

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2016 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
I bought a surf sup when i was injured,back on deck now and sold it last week,I was so happy to see it go

Yeah I hear a lot about injured surfers recovering on sups looks at smh he had a terrible back injury and sup is all he can do.

btw I was taking the p-ss not bagging the sup ers

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
4 Jun 2016 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

I'll Bag 'em!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2016 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said..
I'll Bag 'em!

Cool I just trying to be nice.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jun 2016 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Round two on in Fiji this morning - shame conditions are not that flash.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Jun 2016 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said..
Round two on in Fiji this morning - shame conditions are not that flash.

So is the Redbull cape fear thing..

http://www.coastalwatch.com/videos/17099/red-bull-cape-fear-is-live-watch-it-here

allport with a brutal flogging...he had a couple before that as well. very ugly out there

SP
10979 posts
6 Jun 2016 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Yeah. It is Farking serious. no resemblance to the sport that i do called surfing..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jun 2016 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
^^ Yeah. It is Farking serious. no resemblance to the sport that i do called surfing..

These fellas are crazy ! The commentating is pretty funny. A nice change from the WSL fellas.

Thanks for putting this link up SP.

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Jun 2016 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yep those boys are either crazy or have balls of steel....or both

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jun 2016 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Commentator on Richie "How can you take that many beatings and still come back for more"

"boarderline insainty"

Hard to disagree with that one !

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Jun 2016 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jun 2016 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

SP
10979 posts
7 Jun 2016 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know if the Redbull thing is running again today??

Hope so.. Can't wait for more complete madness..

Edit, looks like it is go..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
7 Jun 2016 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

SP said..
Anyone know if the Redbull thing is running again today??

Hope so.. Can't wait for more complete madness..

Edit, looks like it is go..

wsl bullies?

stabmag.com/news/if-you-surf-cape-fear-youre-off-the-tour-a-message-from-the-wsl-to-their-competitors/

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2016 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Protectionism Chrispy - same the world over in everything from sport to industry - Australia is one of the biggest examples eg people who supply product to Coles / Woolies

What's interesting is that Go Pro is great mates with the WSL and have just signed a deal to be great mates with Red Bull - so maybe in the future those two maybe become close again. Swellnet had an interesting article on it a few weeks back. Seems there was some bad blood between ex WSL person and red bull pulled the pin.

Will try and find it later.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha