SP
10979 posts
13 Mar 2020 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Tell that to their sponsors.

Might not be a sex scandal but the average person see it as morally

Not being a creep isn't woke. It's just common decency.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2020 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

The thing is young folk see it differently then say our generation.
Sexting and tit and dick pics. From what i read is nearly the norm. No my norm i must add

Whats morally bankrupt to one is normal to another
No charges laid.

Like that academic said. What about the girls catch up all of this.

Just nrl going way over the top and their sponsers worse.
Lets face it ,its not morally its all about money

Just another over top reaction to a misadventure.

Maybe the clubs should get their boys hookers

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Sexting and tit and dick pics. From what i read is nearly the norm. No my norm i must add

No charges laid.

Lets face its not morally its all about money

If you think it is ok for a grown man who was sent as a ambassador representing his club and sponsors(who are the ones who pay the bills) to pick up schoolgirls,well it is obvious whose morals are lacking

Yep the nrl etc are hypocrites, poor old Mitchell pearce must be shaking his head ,but to come up with that kind of reasoning from you is warped

Yeh kids are far more sexual now,but to condone those actions just decays decent morals

Also this might be the perfect excuse for sponsors to bail as the economic climate is volatile and they get to keep their coin

I agree with cobra pretty much in everything, except for the school thing, if i was sponsoring a national sporting side i would not want my brand associated with that.... In saying that the saying of there is no such thing as bad publicity

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2020 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

No charges laid.

If you think it is ok for a grown man who was sent as a ambassador representing his club and sponsors(who are the ones who pay the bills) to pick up schoolgirls,well it is obvious whose morals are lacking

Yep the nrl etc are hypocrites, poor old Mitchell pearce must be shaking his head ,but to come up with that kind of reasoning from you is warped

Yeh kids are far more sexual now,but to condone those actions just decays decent morals

Also this might be the perfect excuse for sponsors to bail as the economic climate is volatile and they get to keep their coin

I agree with cobra pretty much in everything, except for the school thing, if i was sponsoring a national sporting side i would not want my brand associated with that.... In saying that the saying of there is no such thing as bad publicity

If it was me .yeah it would be wrong
But those guys are only 24 years old
Im with cobra. Bet there is a lot of marriages with 8 year differences.

So many guys go -that my boy when the son pulls a root.
When its the daughter - its dad issues.

They all need to step back and chill out a bit i reckon.
Nothing more

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

No charges laid.

Nothing more

****ing hell you have lost it

What you are saying has nothing to do with ambassadors picking up school girls

Yeh a 30 yo with a 22 yo and then comparing to picking up girls from a school,a ****ing school....you are whack

Where the hell did comparing thats my boy and daddys girl come from,nothing to do with any of this again

Stop listening to alan jones

SP
10979 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

How many of those marriages started when they were school girls.

At 24 I wasn't trying to **** school kids. I knew that was creepy.

Has nothing to do with having a daughter. If my son did it I would not be patting him on the back, I'd hope he knew it was creepy as **** anyway.

Should we extend the it's OK rule to teachers, churches, doctors etc.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2020 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Has nothing to do with having a daughter. If my son did it I would not be patting him on the back, I'd hope he knew it was creepy as **** anyway.

And neither did i.
Yoi guys seem intent in pinning this argument on me personally.
And i was talking Dads and sons as a general rule. Not 24 on 16

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Hahaha listen to these guys making out they are predators FMD
one good question ,why do clubs send footballers to schools anyway? they are there to play footy.

SP
10979 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

SP said..

And neither did i.
Yoi guys seem intent in pinning this argument on me personally

Not at all.

That academic missed the point. It's might be a workplace incident for the club and employees but for the fans and sponsors it isn't. It's a moral issue. People don't see it as acceptable.

Agree with Cobra and you on the nothing illegal part, broke club rules issue but for sponsors they don't care they broke a rule they care how there brand is seen by the commu ity and they don't want to be associated with that behaviour.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2020 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

No charges laid.

Nothing more

****ing hell you have lost it

What you are saying has nothing to do with ambassadors picking up school girls

Yeh a 30 yo with a 22 yo and then comparing to picking up girls from a school,a ****ing school....you are whack

Where the hell did comparing thats my boy and daddys girl come from,nothing to do with any of this again

Stop listening to alan jones

dont listen alan jones

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
one good question ,why do clubs send footballers to schools anyway? they are there to play footy.

Clubs send players to schools to try and raise intrest and the profile of the game and also to increase junior club numbers...ffs cobra surely that part is easy for you to work out considering you have been a part of the system

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

probably younger than you obviously think.
i have several mates that have been with the same girl since school ,first lovers.

So its the age difference you have a problem with?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2020 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

laceys lane said..

SP said..

And neither did i.
Yoi guys seem intent in pinning this argument on me personally

Not at all.

That academic missed the point. It's might be a workplace incident for the club and employees but for the fans and sponsors it isn't. It's a moral issue. People don't see it as acceptable.

Agree with Cobra and you on the nothing illegal part, broke club rules issue but for sponsors they don't care they broke a rule they care how there brand is seen by the commu ity and they don't want to be associated with that behaviour.

Yeah. Fair enough.
I still think its a bit over the top .

Im done

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Cobra said..

Clubs send players to school to try and raise intrest in the game and also increase junior club numbers...ffs cobra surely that part is easy for you to work out

no Footy don't need interest. its the club making players do what they believe is right.

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

if a player brakes curfew or drinks & drive take drugs is late for training that's footy and they know.
clubs need to stop treating these guys like saints and sending them into communitys do bull **** work.
if they want to well GOOD.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

chrispy said..

Cobra said..

Clubs send players to school to try and raise intrest in the game and also increase junior club numbers...ffs cobra surely that part is easy for you to work out

no Footy don't need interest. its the club making players do what they believe is right.

Seriously ?

I loved when players came out for a school sports presentations etc,we were all frothing to meet our tv heros

Yes maybe players do get forced to do the school thing,but it is part of their contract and the game is dying in nsw ,so they need every new signing they can get

Yeh they should ban footy players from visiting sick kids at hospital as well aye cobra ?

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Cobra said..

chrispy said..

Cobra said..

Seriously ?

I loved when players came out for a school sports presentations etc,we were all frothing to meet our tv heros

Yes maybe players do get forced to do the school thing,but it is part of their contract and the game is dying in nsw ,so they need every new signing they can get

Yeh they should ban footy players from visiting sick kids at hospital as well aye cobra ?

No chrispy if they want to great.
but remember don't fry a guy for skipping around schools doing the so called good thing for footy then smoke his arse
when he gets drunk and pretends to **** a dog when he has done that stuff for years....Alfie getting drunk dancing in a club butt
naked comes to mind.

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

remember a lot of these boys only have footy in their lives they don't have the greatest edumucation.
and they don't come from good environments or homes...they are there to play footy, not to be the shinning light some want to be.
maybe NRL need to take a look at the american NFL they screen players before signing.
our clubs see they have problems of domestic and social violence maybe drug and alcohol problems and dismiss it.
then we the public get on the hi horse and fry them when things go wrong. i agree with SP and chrispy I'm not at ease with the age thing or they met at school
but who is really looking after these boys.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2020 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
remember a lot of these boys only have footy in their lives they don't have the greatest edumucation.
and they don't come from good environments or homes...they are there to play footy, not to be the shinning light some want to be.
maybe NRL need to take a look at the american NFL they screen players before signing.
our clubs see they have problems of domestic and social violence maybe drug and alcohol problems and dismiss it.
then we the public get on the hi horse and fry them when things go wrong. i agree with SP and chrispy I'm not at ease with the age thing or they met at school
but who is really looking after these boys.

Not at all and i agree again with all you say except .....

As i said earlier about the bloke who picked up one of the girls from the local milk bar ,only thing he did wrong was break clubs rules

Mr creepy picking them up on school grounds while being a employee/ambassador of the club/sponsor/nrl should be fried hard...lacey i don't think this blokes dad would be high fiving his son for this conquest either

Also as i said earlier Mitchell pearce would be shaking his head,what did he cop for the dry hump on the dog,10 weeks and 100 odd g ?

Also yes the clubs are a big part of the problem covering up for the chosen ones,but as you and i know humans are flawed

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

Yes mate I agree.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
13 Mar 2020 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Well I hear as of Monday no gatherings over 500. So I hope the Cowboys enjoy the opening of the new stadium because the NRL will be played with no spectators if played at all.

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Mar 2020 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

souths announced the same.

this is a good game donkeys Vs cows

SP
10979 posts
14 Mar 2020 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Well I hear as of Monday no gatherings over 500. So I hope the Cowboys enjoy the opening of the new stadium because the NRL will be played with no spectators if played at all.

does that mean you can still go to a Titans game.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
14 Mar 2020 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said..

does that mean you can still go to a Titans game.

Lol mate that's funny but my family gave a Titans season ticket for Xmas I wonder what happens now.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL 2020" started by Cobra