9106 posts
14 Mar 2020 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

this will be a very short year.

SP
10979 posts
16 Mar 2020 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yep don't think it is going to last. As soon as someone gets it they'll have to call it.

Warriors are going to be interesting too. Don't think they can make them stay away from their family and not play at home so what do they do. Exclude them for the year?

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
16 Mar 2020 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

V
V
The why they played not wanted back home "....

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
17 Mar 2020 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Mar 2020 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Fair darts im thinking

Hydromann
626 posts
17 Mar 2020 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Fair darts im thinking

Agree, same whining with soccer and AFL at different levels.

If WSL goes broke I don't really care either, bunch of self serving so and so's lining their own pockets and trying to market aqua gymnastics as representative of surfing.

Not saying the guys and girls are not talented or pro's, just not nice to watch the same old same old wiggle, wiggle, wiggle ............... pop, splash as he truth of surfing.

Steph G even lamented the direction it was going in and what it was calling her to focus on and conform to to remain relavent.

Anyhow I digress from footy of any code, games over for all the fat leaches that earn a living in the ether. Expect to seem their BMW's and Merc's for sale on Gumtree followed soon after by their homes.

The rich rich aint gonna suffer, it's the pretend rich that are hocked to the hilt that will come crashing down.

Cobra
9106 posts
17 Mar 2020 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

I think the kiwis are shutout anyhow, so they have to stay

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
18 Mar 2020 2:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

If thats correct thats a disgrace from the NRL.
There they are saying they had all the latest information employed experts, now the players are separated from their loved ones..
Just shows how poorly the game has been run for years.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2020 5:31AM
Thumbs Up

All the codes go broke.
Back to the local club park for sunday afternoon football.

Work um tugun

SP
10979 posts
18 Mar 2020 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

What a great misrepreatation of the blokes statement.

This is what happens when those that work in public opinon driven tabloid media don't understand what intelligent people mean.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2020 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

I didnt see it. What did he mean?

From what ive read in the paper he wants money to save rugby league.

Im thinking there are far more important things then sport.

SP
10979 posts
18 Mar 2020 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

All he asked was in any stimulus package given to business to consider the league.

Same as he did with horse racing when the horse influenza went through and they funded that.
This bloke is a seriously good operator and pointed out the economic benefits such as employment etc of rugby league to the economy. He didn't say they should be prioritised or even receive money. He just asked for it to be treated like any other business that forms part of the economy.

He actually stated that hospital, people's health etc were more important but they skipped that and took 2 seconds of his press conference and interpreted it incorrectly.

The lady on fox is a sensationalist tabloid whiner trying to score points.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2020 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah. Ive seen her name a few times before

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
18 Mar 2020 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Oh ok SP I didn't read all that

SP
10979 posts
18 Mar 2020 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I saw the same thing you posted and thought that it seemed a bit off so had a look and what he said and what was reported weren't exactly the same thing. He seems a pretty smart operator. He did good things for horse racing and should be really good for sorting out the league. Unbelievable to think they have a billion dollar tv deal and no money in the bank for emergencies. The previous board must have loved spending.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2020 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Still at the end of the day its a game.
Maybe the government could invest money for all the players,coaches, club chiefs.etc to retrain as normal people who work for a living, contribute to society instead of fleecing the public. And play sport in their spare time.

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Mar 2020 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Yeah I saw the same thing you posted and thought that it seemed a bit off so had a look and what he said and what was reported weren't exactly the same thing. He seems a pretty smart operator. He did good things for horse racing and should be really good for sorting out the league. Unbelievable to think they have a billion dollar tv deal and no money in the bank for emergencies. The previous board must have loved spending.

Yes SP, its smart and he has had success getting coin out of the GOV before.
but no tact the NRL hadn't even finished week 1 and he's asking for money.

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Mar 2020 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

If thats correct thats a disgrace from the NRL.
There they are saying they had all the latest information employed experts, now the players are separated from their loved ones..
Just shows how poorly the game has been run for years.

Mac as i read the kiwis Government did the lockout, i believe they could go home and quarantine then what happens to their games.

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Mar 2020 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Maybe the government could invest money for all the players,coaches, club chiefs.etc to retrain as normal people who work for a living, contribute to society instead of fleecing the public. And play sport in their spare time.

Lacey somebody has hacked your account and posting intelligent stuff.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2020 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Ill look into it and try to stop it

SP
10979 posts
19 Mar 2020 5:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Agree that what they get paid is ridiculous. Million bucks a year to play footy is crazy compared to the average bloke.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Mar 2020 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

Going to be interesting watching a game on TV without spectators tonight.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Mar 2020 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Nar. It wont be a problem. League is made for tv. All the attention is centred around the ball. Under nines or elite its all of them following the ball
You dont need to see anything else

Just miss a bit of noise i guess

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Mar 2020 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Its the players who will miss the crowdes

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Mar 2020 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

Nar. It wont be a problem. League is made for tv. All the attention is centred around the ball. Under nines or elite its all of them following the ball

I watched Juventus play inter Milan the other week without a crowd...it was horrible

It was like watching a training session and was really weird/somewhat good being able to hear all the players talking

Being a player would suck as well I would imagine,i would compare it to the poor band that has a gig and there only 3 barflys for their audience...hard to be inspired

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Mar 2020 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

I watched Juventus play inter Milan the other week without a crowd...it was horrible

It was like watching a training session and was really weird/somewhat good being able to hear all the players talking

Being a player would suck as well I would imagine,i would compare it to the poor band that has a gig and there only 3 barflys for their audience...hard to be inspired

Thats my point players need a boost from time to time during a game and the fans give that,tonight will be like a cone of silence but I'm into it thats how others react to my surfing

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Mar 2020 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

i believe some ref calls are influenced by the crowds response.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Mar 2020 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
i believe some ref calls are influenced by the crowds response.

Lol those commentators got the volume up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Mar 2020 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

There you go

That was beyond horrible, and i was so hoping at any minute i could get into the game ..but nah

The matty johns show was horrible without an audience....

Ouch

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Mar 2020 3:39AM
Thumbs Up

I just watched a few highlights.
Awesome. You can hear the hits

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL 2020" started by Cobra