Created by RoyStuart > 9 months ago, 30 Dec 2014
surferstu
1011 posts
2 Feb 2015 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..
0-10 pages quicker than any other SB thread in history

Reminds me of the boat shoe thread except longer, all we need now is 62mac chrispycru and doggie to chime in.

RoyStuart
532 posts
3 Feb 2015 2:42AM
Thumbs Up

It's necessary to note that several of those who are big wave riders and shapers take what I'm doing seriously and are respectful and polite, unlike some of the numpties here and elsewhere who are mere consumers, can't raise themselves about the knee jerk hee haw personal jibe level, and don't realise that they thereby embarrass themselves... or would embarrass themselves if they woke up.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe it's then better to "Preach to the converted" than waste your time with "numpty mere consumers"..tsk tsk.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Feb 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Would be a shame if one of those numpty's was actually interested in buy a board though....

thePup
13831 posts
3 Feb 2015 5:52AM
Thumbs Up

He's got a point when you look at the d!ckhead posting pictures of kiddies toys

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
He's got a point when you look at the d!ckhead posting pictures of kiddies toys

you calling me a dick pup

wavemaniac
465 posts
3 Feb 2015 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

the point is that the POINT is on the wrong end!

wavemaniac
465 posts
3 Feb 2015 6:03AM
Thumbs Up

year 2000 ? ? ? ?, baron and peter Clarke were making these shaped boards in 1968, by the end of that year the next shape had superceded this one

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Feb 2015 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
year 2000 ? ? ? ?, baron and peter Clarke were making these shaped boards in 1968, by the end of that year the next shape had superceded this one

Retro is the new thing bro

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

wavemaniac said..

Retro is the new thing bro

true everything old is new again,I feel like a new man

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2015 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

That's not what ur wife was saying

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
That's not what ur wife was saying

The truth hurts,I'm hurting

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2015 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Mac loves roy

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
3 Feb 2015 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Mac theres probably places you can hang to make that happen for you

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..

Yah like the mct factory

joeyjojo
67 posts
3 Feb 2015 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Roy, Roy, roy......,,
if only you knew!! And I think you do.

when camel rides your board and doesn't say its the best board he's ever ridden, are you going to tell him to f*ck off and try to discredit his riding style and ability ; just like rarrick.
quote " **** you are SO full of **** Rarrick"

you my friend are either the ultimate troll or one really misguided individual living in a dream word of enablers!

"Live by the sword die by the sword" as they say

joeyjojo
67 posts
3 Feb 2015 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

while im at it; apart from yourself, are there any shapers out there that you regard as "good" and figured out correct board design????

joeyjojo
67 posts
3 Feb 2015 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RoyStuart said..
Your summary is nonsense so can't be answered.

Sorry for the nonsense roy!
ill ty again, this time with Yes/No options.

Can you accept constructive critisim about your craft? Y/N

do you belive in the evolution of surfboard design and surfing post 1969? Y/N

have you ever sold a surfboard for 1 million dollars Y/N

if you did sell a surfboard for a million dollars; did a man that make synthetic drugs buy it? Y/N

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

N
N
N
No idea

joeyjojo
67 posts
3 Feb 2015 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

technique as flawed as your logic

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
3 Feb 2015 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

I just stumbled on this thread although this dude is obviously stuck in a time warp he does look to be a bit of a craftsman. Are there any vids around of anyone riding one of these boats in serious waves?

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Feb 2015 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

I have a couple of serious questions for Roy...

1. Have you ever done a full rail cutback and them whacked it back around in the foam...a figure 8 basically
2. Have you ever unloaded on a backhand turn and punched the fins out of the back of the wave

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Feb 2015 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said..
I just stumbled on this thread although this dude is obviously stuck in a time warp he does look to be a bit of a craftsman. Are there any vids around of anyone riding one of these boats in serious waves?

+1 the craftsmanship on the wooden boards is top notch. It would be nice to have one in the quiver provided it was a shape suited to your local waves & your particular surfing style. I haven't seen one suitable for me for surfing, but it would be cool to hang one up on the wall...if I had a big enough wall.

Roy has some surfing on his channel riding them in some nice waves & a Randy Rarrick bloke rode one in overhead Hawaiian waves. Pretty sure the vids have been posted to this thread already.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
3 Feb 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Ricardo1709 said..

Yah like the mct factory

Really,I would've thought public toilets,some dingy back alley,BUT mct factory- I'm devastated

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
3 Feb 2015 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
3 Feb 2015 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Look at everyone beating on poor ol' Roy... AGAIN

But I would point out (and it pains me to defend him ) that whilst we might disagree, Roy would be the only person on this forum who's made/making a successful living as a shaper soooooooo...

And lets face it, we all know whats best when it comes to board design, I mean listen to this idiot

surferstu
1011 posts
3 Feb 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

But I would point out (and it pains me to defend him ) that whilst we might disagree, Roy would be the only person on this forum who's made/making a successful living as a shaper soooooooo...

And lets face it, we all know whats best when it comes to board design, I mean listen to this idiot

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Longboarding/whats-happening-in-the-Goddard-shed/?page=1

andyroomac, have a look at this one, absolutely Magic thread top shelf shaper, you won't find a bad word said about Ron Goddard. Generously showed everyone how it's done, no blowing of trumpets, no insults, egos and anyone who visits this room would welcome another thread just like it anytime. If I was on that side of the country I would get a ripper board off ron.

RoyStuart
532 posts
4 Feb 2015 2:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Very interesting, and yes that's what I've been saying.

The desire to turn and trim from the same spot morphed into short boarding, which is one way to do it, but it didn't really happen in longboarding, which is what I'm doing.

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
4 Feb 2015 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

I love the way Bob talks with his hand movements,still does to this day.
Roy he was talking about the beginning of the shortboard revolution

SP
10979 posts
4 Feb 2015 6:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said...
AndyrooMac said..

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Longboarding/whats-happening-in-the-Goddard-shed/?page=1

andyroomac, have a look at this one, absolutely Magic thread top shelf shaper, you won't find a bad word said about Ron Goddard. Generously showed everyone how it's done, no blowing of trumpets, no insults, egos and anyone who visits this room would welcome another thread just like it anytime. If I was on that side of the country I would get a ripper board off ron.

Different threads, one is regular forum members discussing another forum members new board.

The other is a cluster f:(k of Egos that don't usually contribute anything.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Roy's Gun Project" started by RoyStuart