QLD, 21884 posts
20 Apr 2014 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

same same took the wrong board god dam it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2014 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

swell is slowly showing signs of dropping but its still pumping !! Had 2 great surfs already Hope you all getting some.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
20 Apr 2014 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Talk about a dropping swell Ted we had 3 to 5 yesterday,knowing it had dropped over night so took a go too board,rocked up and I should have had a big fat log on the roof,sadly I was forced to struggle on the evo wrong board

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2014 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhh thats why I always try and have at least 2 in the car

Couple from this morning - one is for Boofy

thePup
13831 posts
20 Apr 2014 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Think I got my local at it's best on a rising tide - moon was wicked behind the clouds early .... heaps of blowins arriving as I got out so all good my end - roll on weekday freedom please

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
20 Apr 2014 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

thePup said..

Ahhhhh geez brother - that is a disastrous snap , looks such a nice girl too hard luck dude

+ 1 could not have said it better Pup Hope you have another one to play on

Yea boys got a few more they are a nice board I don't resort to shortboards when it's big,can become expensive!! but that board had been through hell in the pacific and Indo and survived didn't make it out of a pit and snap **** happens I guess.....dropped off round here today but the big swell has groomed some nice banks when half of Sydney goes home it's going to be fun

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Apr 2014 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

tomorrows looking sad, but i've got 3 boards too try.

my8'10 fanatic with laird quad set i brought on sat arvo. board goes good up and down but after more down the line speed especially with more sizy waves

cw hp 9'1 x 21 1/2 x 2 1/2 .north end macaha maybe . morning pick up so late morning lb surf.

firewire tomo nano 5' 10 on loan as a demo. this ones got me excited even tho i have been on a shortie for 2 years.

please huey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2014 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

firewire tomo nano 5' 10 on loan as a demo. this ones got me excited even tho i have been on a shortie for 2 years.

please huey

I am looking forward to a full report on this one

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Apr 2014 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

laceys lane said..

please huey

I am looking forward to a full report on this one

demo is the fst construction.

damo tells me lft construction in the country- container unopened yet.

not to long now

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Apr 2014 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

hey ted. its been two years.

the board felt stupidly small and i actually had trouble sitting on it.

the waves were very very bad and small.

i got a few 1 move and 2 move waves, but again terrible waves.

a very light board to surf. i think it suits me- i like to carve with long extended swoops or throwing it out there and that square tail allows you to do that. really gets some speed doing that- and comes back under your feet with little fuss- not a board to be ridden flat imo.

chunky square ish rails with sharp edges a fair way up.

coming from my background it didn't fell to corky.

however i've never been a fan of shorter boards and would probably get the 6 ft er for that extra trim/glide. again from where im coming from 6 ft is still going to be a very small board. i was kind of overpowering this board anyway and would surf with large fins rather then the med fins that i surf it with

cheers

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Go next door you short mother

thePup
13831 posts
21 Apr 2014 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

First one in at just light .... soon enough it was absolute mayhem - glad to be out now & will be even happier when they all piss off outta here

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
21 Apr 2014 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

where's your mate gone pup?

thePup
13831 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Hey mate how's things - which one are we talking about

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
21 Apr 2014 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Macaha said..

Hey mate how's things - which one are we talking about

You know,the CW lad.

thePup
13831 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Ahhhh - well I spoke to my little champion brother yesterday morning my time ..... he will be back online with us shortly & stay tuned believe me

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of CW, a friend wants to sell his CW 9'3 x 23 x 3 shaped by Steve & gave me a go today. It was an absolute machine, paddles into anything so easy. I switch foot on the first wave & shuffled up onto the nose riding goofy. Felt so stable, but you could still throw it around. It also foam climbs into floaters so casually I fell in love with it. Unfortunately my missus told me last week after I bought a cheap nylon string guitar for $160. That if I buy one more surfboard before she gets something, she's going to break all my boards. So I can't buy one for probably 7 or 8 months. It felt perfect for me too

thePup
13831 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

How did ya go mate - get plenty or did it continue to die off ????

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Got heaps mate, catching waves all the way in & walking up the beach for an easy paddle back out. I didn't spend much time waiting for waves, exhausted after 2 & a 1/2 hours. Should be alright tomorrow I reckon, I have a dentist appointment though. So will be out about the same time as today

thePup
13831 posts
21 Apr 2014 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

awesome - I'll be out first thing catchya then

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Apr 2014 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Cya on the shift change mate haha

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Apr 2014 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

hey ted. its been two years.

the board felt stupidly small and i actually had trouble sitting on it.

the waves were very very bad and small.

i got a few 1 move and 2 move waves, but again terrible waves.

a very light board to surf. i think it suits me- i like to carve with long extended swoops or throwing it out there and that square tail allows you to do that. really gets some speed doing that- and comes back under your feet with little fuss- not a board to be ridden flat imo.

chunky square ish rails with sharp edges a fair way up.

coming from my background it didn't fell to corky.

however i've never been a fan of shorter boards and would probably get the 6 ft er for that extra trim/glide. again from where im coming from 6 ft is still going to be a very small board. i was kind of overpowering this board anyway and would surf with large fins rather then the med fins that i surf it with

cheers

Thanks for that LL - always difficult when you do not have some decent waves to really get a feel for the equip under your feet. Interesting that you found it small. Although its is in length it is its still got a load of volume for someone of your weight n fitness. I think from experience this would take you 5 or 6 surfs before you stopped noticing it as much. I took my 5'10" out today after surfing the 6'2" and 6'6" all weekend and having only used the 5'10" 2 times over the last few months and it was super weird. I wasted 3 of my first 5 waves !! But slowly got back into it. Helped that it was really good and there were only 2 of us out

I am yet to even see a Nano in the flesh - interesting to hear that it has really sharp rails along way up. Did you find that the board was really unforgiving as a result or do the straightish outline and the concave get you through? I had always felt that knifey rails are terrible when its bumpy and unclean.

So really the big questions: Did you find enough in the crap conditions to convince you? Would you ride it again ? Will you get a chance in decent waves soon?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Apr 2014 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

very clean board to surf ted. i actually tried another 5'10 , a bit wider but same volume. the nano was much better. other board caught at or around the nose.

the new hp cw is a fair step down in size and volume in its own right. i plan to use this board a fair bit- log only on really small days.

so i see this board keeping my in touch with a shortboard and still not thatfar away from my sups- a balance for/between the collection.

however with the limited amount of shortboarding i'm most likely to do i decided the nano 6 ft er would probably be the best fit for me at this stage.

if for some reason i decided to be a full on short board nut case again and found the nano 6" to big and needed a shorter one - they get very good second hand prices.

thinking very hard about getting one- different but addictive

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Apr 2014 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Can you get me a 6'2" FST at a very good price as well

thePup
13831 posts
22 Apr 2014 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Goooooooooooood Morning ..... well it should be back to near normal - looking forward to dodging the Easter litter scattered everywhere this morning AND no crowds .... au revoir bastardos ......

Oh and get a Mango up you Asea ....

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Apr 2014 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Back to normal here 2-3 ft lovely clean waves with 4 out. Heaven. Might sneak out for a second session now

thePup
13831 posts
22 Apr 2014 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Geez it was flat here all I got was a full scale invasion by 16 Battalion regiment of bloody Mozzies time for the trackies !!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Apr 2014 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Just shared the lineup with a huge school of dolphins - they were in no hurry and played around me for about 15 mins - swimming underneath me and sharing a few waves - epic!! No one could believe it how friendly they were - with most saying "jeepers people pay to swim with these lovely creatures, how lucky are we!!!!"

What a day its been and its only 11:30am!

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
22 Apr 2014 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

You just seem to be having way to much fun Ted

thePup
13831 posts
22 Apr 2014 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

Had that yesterday briefly Ted .... a pod of about 6 jumping thru waves then spinning around & backflipping out again .... was wicked they were having a ball - I shat when one burst out of the wave came with me about 10 yards to my left on one set

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo