QLD, 3808 posts
9 Aug 2014 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

About time he gave that cruiser some love

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
9 Aug 2014 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Yes mate on the high tide long long rides a little bump in it,oh yes well worth the drive I was surprised at the lack of numbers BS was telling me that another place has been on all week and word was out so most hit that spot.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Aug 2014 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Finally I can contribute - its been a day to remember here folks. Was pretty chunky this morning and its backed off as the day has gone on. The 6'2" was not enough board for surfs one and two but perfect for 3. I really should have ridden the 6'6" this morning - some of the sets were massive

Hope you all got some as well.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
9 Aug 2014 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

hard to tell ted with no rider

last pic was it 6' or 4'

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
10 Aug 2014 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Rainbow then the G which was way better I paddled away and disowned Vanders and Lacey after they switched boards to mid length.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Aug 2014 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

The most fun waves I have had this winter

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Aug 2014 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

a 6'2 platypus is not a mid length for goodness sake.

really good waves this morning. after 2 waves i realized it wasn't a hotlog day.three ft plus top to bottom waves

so i went in and got my 6'2 beau young platypus- what unreal board. smooth as, good glide yet radical. carving, rebounds kicking the tail out on closeouts and the first deep barrel i've had in years due to a 666 addiction. all this after not being on a shortie for a month.

went to the shop to tell the boys and the man himself actually is doing some work there too. nice guy and he was rapt. first one to buy that model out of the shop.

connected very well with him on boards. discussed my quiver and what i looking for to fill the gap between the hotlog and the platypus.

lookout a 6'4 wombat mark 2 might be on the cards- google and watch him surf the board

cheers

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
10 Aug 2014 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

ffs Lacey I was the one that told you to google him surfing the wombat .

I've got to say the barrel your talking about was all time the boys in the carpark were asking who the fk is that,oh that would be a mate of mine with me chest out great board I hope you keep it a little longer than the last newies

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Aug 2014 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
ffs Lacey I was the one that told you to google him surfing the wombat .

I've got to say the barrel your talking about was all time the boys in the carpark were asking who the fk is that,oh that would be a mate of mine with me chest out great board I hope you keep it a little longer than the last newies

yeah right.

if i sold it today i would be on a par with you wouldn't i.

for me instant connection with that board.

at the end of the day im a shortboarder, still fit and able to surf them and should stay there except for one hotlog- every one needs a log.

cheers

ps. for the record- rainbow had the top to bottom waves

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Aug 2014 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear people have been scoring...well now that my leg is better & I got a surf in myself today haha

My new Shapers fins came last Tuesday. They were the largest thruster set I could find.
www.wetfins.com.au/surfboard-fins/thruster-fins/thruster-future-fins/shapers-fins-s9-future-black-x-large/

I realize now what was wrong with the AM2's, the back fin is smaller & using them on a shorter 6'2 with an even shorter rail line due to the flyers cutting in at the back. I wasn't getting the drive off my bottom turns to set up to hit the lip & was deprived of the speed the S9's give. Today had some size & you could just feel them dig in & turn really tight off the bottom. I can still slide the tail out on back hand off the tops easy enough, but they got great hold when you want it. They feel perfectly matched to this board...stoked

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
10 Aug 2014 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear its pumping on both sides of our great island boys...pumping in WA this weekend as well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Aug 2014 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said..
Good to hear people have been scoring...well now that my leg is better & I got a surf in myself today haha

My new Shapers fins came last Tuesday. They were the largest thruster set I could find.
www.wetfins.com.au/surfboard-fins/thruster-fins/thruster-future-fins/shapers-fins-s9-future-black-x-large/

I realize now what was wrong with the AM2's, the back fin is smaller & using them on a shorter 6'2 with an even shorter rail line due to the flyers cutting in at the back. I wasn't getting the drive off my bottom turns to set up to hit the lip & was deprived of the speed the S9's give. Today had some size & you could just feel them dig in & turn really tight off the bottom. I can still slide the tail out on back hand off the tops easy enough, but they got great hold when you want it. They feel perfectly matched to this board...stoked

you must be a massive strong dud mick. am2's are a big fin set ,but i could or wouldn't use a full set of s9's even on a sup. usually a s9 centre fin and some thing a bit smaller on the sides

cheers

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Aug 2014 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

you must be a massive strong dud mick. am2's are a big fin set ,but i could or wouldn't use a full set of s9's even on a sup. usually a s9 centre fin and some thing a bit smaller on the sides

cheers

Yeah I'm not at all, only weigh 78kg. The AM2 were ok, but I could feel them slip a bit on backhand bottom turns when it got overhead. They were a lot better than the solus fins which were awesome on a 6'0 firewire hellfire. Just comes down to board shape I think, the psychedelic germ has a pretty funky outline...cheers

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Aug 2014 5:44AM
Thumbs Up

About to hit some small perfection

Horto11
202 posts
11 Aug 2014 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Rainbow this morning for pretty much the first time, usually stay away from the crowds but this morning was not too bad after everyone had their fill over the weekend. Floundered around a bit trying to find the longer running ones but fun nonetheless, clean clear and a fantastic day

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Aug 2014 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
Good to hear its pumping on both sides of our great island boys...pumping in WA this weekend as well.

That has got to be the understatement of the year
Down south has looked like another planet this last week..Hats of to anyone surfing this stuff

www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1407658426&fullscreen=1
www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1407714142&fullscreen=1

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Aug 2014 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Still a bit left over this morning, a little more swell than I was expecting. Was funny coz I've been riding a SB a lot lately, the LB felt weird for the first few waves. But was only Me , Pup, some dude & a couple of cuties

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Aug 2014 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

That has got to be the understatement of the year
Down south has looked like another planet this last week..Hats of to anyone surfing this stuff

www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1407658426&fullscreen=1
www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1407714142&fullscreen=1

They're some heavy looking waves JB, Pea break & Nth Pt looked the go for me. It can be really hard when its that big with that much offshore holding you up for a trip over the falls. Some good big wave surfers taming those beasts

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
11 Aug 2014 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Had the funnest couple of surfs this morning at Maroochydore.
Rolled up at dawn and there's virtually no one out.
Pretty happy to see that after the full tilt crowd by 7am yesterday morning.
The wind was calm and the lines were smooth with tastey looking waist-head high peaks.
Tried a new fin combo in my baby 6'6" vquad which is the smaller version of my...wait for it...7'6" midlength.
Hadn't clicked with it yet as only 2 surfs on it with other fins that weren't allowing it to show its true potential.
Put in the True Ames CI twins with DVS sidebites as rears and all was good.

SP
10979 posts
11 Aug 2014 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Rainbow then the G which was way better I paddled away and disowned Vanders and Lacey after they switched boards to mid length.

Sweet board Lacey.

Photos please..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Aug 2014 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Today was a slight let down after yesterday. Still glassy fun. Fat takeoff, walled up,then a fat section and the power of the midlength let me glide through to the most fun bank on the inside

Nice looking sled cuttlefish

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
11 Aug 2014 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

^^^do you ever work?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Aug 2014 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said...

Sweet board Lacey.

Photos please..

sp, the nose has some width but not as much as this photo looks. a very impressive board, fluid, yet yet radical when you want to. instantly loved this 6'2 board which is a change from a lot of sb oards i've had a demo on lately

i want to ride this board some more before i give more details/review, however im very impressed and meeting beau young and having a chat about this board and his new wombat mark11 model, well he has got something really good happening- very very good surfer who shapes too using influences from the past with his sense of style and groove and in my mind the platypus reflects this with yet the progressive characteristics of the modern short board

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Aug 2014 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said...
^^^do you ever work?

Work nights mate so I can surf

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
11 Aug 2014 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

2 sessions on the point on the Hot Log, 5.5hrs in the water and feeling every minute of it. The evening session was stunning, plenty of shoulder/head high sets, a gentle offshore and just 4 out, seriously could not believe it.... so stoked

thePup
13831 posts
12 Aug 2014 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Got some sweet ones early yesterday , before the crowd found out there were actually some scraps available for the raping & plunderation thereof ..... caught up with our mate PCMick and out before the wankers pissed me off .... too easy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Aug 2014 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Mini road trip straight after work.....the rewards were sensational. Will back again tomorrow

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
13 Aug 2014 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Are you blokes wearing wetsuits in the 20C water....geezus

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Aug 2014 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
Are you blokes wearing wetsuits in the 20C water....geezus