Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thePup
13831 posts
30 Nov 2014 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Bastards have all those boats and they don't even do a patrol to help us wave pigs out (chuck pamphlets out while ya's are a patrollin' ya starfish hippies ya never know Sharks might read ) ...... never see 'em unless there's a news camera geez ..... and their chicks have hairy armpits ....... and unshaven legs ...... a mate of mine reckons their minges resemble wild Peruvian jungle ...... and I've seen them in boatshoes & Dunlop Volleys ...... and we got a Premier with teeth that couldn't strain tennis balls the farker ...... farkers have screwed this state completely

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Nov 2014 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

thePup said..
At the local bit chopped up but got something out of it regardless ..... then had that bloody ominous 'copter patrol turn up circling for about 20 minutes ..... some poor bastard at the next break southwards got his thigh chewed by a 2 metre grey suit geez

Luckily its not that bad.. Mind you the media is going berserk

i cant believe i got sucked into another JB shark Hijack.

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Nov 2014 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

One very lucky kid, it seems more like the shark just bumped into him with its mouth open. Looking at the diameter if the points of injury are any indication, it was not a tiny shark & could well have taken his leg off if it wanted too. I actually surfed the same spot on my own last Tuesday for an hour. Similar attack occured about 6 or 7 years ago a few K's Nth, in that it was not a serious injury, other than a few stitches...but yeah, very farking lucky. Apart from it being the second run in with a shark the family has had in the last 100 years. A family member of theirs was attacked back in 1918 or something like that apparently.........................................

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Nov 2014 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

If I am looking at yr normal surf spot Mick is this place to the right or left? Nasty. Stay safe.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2014 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Sensational start to the day here. 4ft clean and glassy on the sets and no one around. Surfed a peak with one other of the early morning brigade for most of the session. Got some absolute screamers. Nice to finally have the Nano out in some decent sized waves. It performs beautifully. Bloody quick. Hope you all getting some. Off up the coast this arvo for 4 days of work. Will be based at a nice lighthouse where the seals hang out. Can not wait. Conditions look good. Not sure how much work will get done As LL would say - today was a day worth being picky for !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
1 Dec 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..
Just had a surf at Torquay Point... There was some really fun Overhead Waves... A little bumpy, keeping the crowds nice and low... But I got 4 long rides from way out the back, through to the shorebreak!

Me too...what board were you riding?

thePup
13831 posts
1 Dec 2014 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Fark sakes you lucky bastards we are stuck in some kind of evil trough with sweet carnt all over this way

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Dec 2014 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Sensational start to the day here. 4ft clean and glassy on the sets and no one around. Surfed a peak with one other of the early morning brigade for most of the session. Got some absolute screamers. Nice to finally have the Nano out in some decent sized waves. It performs beautifully. Bloody quick. Hope you all getting some. Off up the coast this arvo for 4 days of work. Will be based at a nice lighthouse where the seals hang out. Can not wait. Conditions look good. Not sure how much work will get done As LL would say - today was a day worth being picky for !

good on ya ted.

back to crap here

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Dec 2014 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
If I am looking at yr normal surf spot Mick is this place to the right or left? Nasty. Stay safe.

Few mins South...we saw heaps of sharks around that area last year, but not many (compared) this year.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Dec 2014 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks LL - it's been a long time since I paddled into some decent waves. The Nano surprised me today - it does not seem to have a feeling of incredible speed out of a turn but it just continues to accelerate in a really nice smooth way - it just keeps going and going faster as you draw the turn out. No need for the double pump - Chrispy would be happy with that

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Dec 2014 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Thanks LL - it's been a long time since I paddled into some decent waves. The Nano surprised me today - it does not seem to have a feeling of incredible speed out of a turn but it just continues to accelerate in a really nice smooth way - it just keeps going and going faster as you draw the turn out. No need for the double pump - Chrispy would be happy with that

that sounds about right.

I miss that board sometimes

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
1 Dec 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Well I think we got super lucky yesterday Lacey,one wave is still stuck in my head

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
1 Dec 2014 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Hey bro does it have a big concave running all the way through it like the Vanguard?

Stanos
QLD, 87 posts
1 Dec 2014 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

surfed this morning near the lighthouse where the seals hang out. Couple of nice quiet ones. Was smokin' on Saturday!!! Hopefully the NE swell will get in there next few days

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
1 Dec 2014 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed my local this arvo for an hour. Wind swung offshore as the tide peaked over the bank. 2ft weak NE swell turned into and jacked up to 11/2 + overhead face that was clean and faaaaast
Got cleaned up more than once. Some brilliant RH barrels were had by some ( not me sadly.... Was happy make the wave as the clean up was heavy on the sand
But wooooohoooooo it was fun

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Dec 2014 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed 1ft max offshore wind chop under the lighthouse- normally would have passed but had to do some exercise after last nights excess and ahead of Xmas party starting at 12. Ouch. Lots of Dolphins around.

thePup
13831 posts
2 Dec 2014 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

geeeeeez talk about bloody hoaxes Christ it was ordinary early

Cobra
9106 posts
2 Dec 2014 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

the sky had this weird line going through it last night.

Stanos
QLD, 87 posts
2 Dec 2014 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Surfed 1ft max offshore wind chop under the lighthouse- normally would have passed but had to do some exercise after last nights excess and ahead of Xmas party starting at 12. Ouch. Lots of Dolphins around.

yep, windswell from the north east. Almost did the drive from F but the angle the swell is hitting the beaches was enough to deter me. Might get more east over the next few days. BOM is calling it east and Seabreeze shows more east at Port Macq. Probably just wishful thinking.

Winds are perfect for where you are.

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Dec 2014 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Looks interesting Weiry, is that Caloundra?

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Alot of people said that they checked it early & there was nothing. I woke up at 9 & didn't head down till 1030. Apparently picked up heaps. Was expecting to go to shark nibbles, but ended up surfing the local on a SB for 90mins before the onshore with 4 other regs. Think the incoming tide gave it a bit of a pulse.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Dec 2014 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

The line looks like something of the "Truman Show"

Loverly little spot though

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
2 Dec 2014 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Any sharks JB,just kidding mate

thePup
13831 posts
2 Dec 2014 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Looks interesting Weiry, is that Caloundra?

thePup said..

Alot of people said that they checked it early & there was nothing. I woke up at 9 & didn't head down till 1030. Apparently picked up heaps. Was expecting to go to shark nibbles, but ended up surfing the local on a SB for 90mins before the onshore with 4 other regs. Think the incoming tide gave it a bit of a pulse.

Trust me it was pretty flat early hahaha good that ya got something dude hey

Cobra
9106 posts
2 Dec 2014 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Cobra said..

The line looks like something of the "Truman Show"

Loverly little spot though

its a island and thats all I'm giving you.
cheers Jb. more like star trek….beam me up scotty

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
2 Dec 2014 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

No waves for three days...Damn you day shift. Now it's non stop chasing waves for four days

Cobra
9106 posts
2 Dec 2014 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

just had a little 666 surf sesh,and feeling it now…lucky I'm taking mega magnesium. i sweated it out….
that water was like hot bath water, you hit the wall very quick.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Dec 2014 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Surprisingly clean this morning. Lb at the alley.

Have b?en surfing my 12'6 x 24 starby which is really flat and well the evo 11 seemed like a piece of cake to move around on today

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Dec 2014 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Total SURPRISE this morning

Drove to my local ...al of 2mins and looked at a very ordinary 1ft - 1.5ft NE east wind swell
Decided to get wet as it was either surf or go running ... so surf it was
Took the 9'3" for a run as it has been a while and ended up having a bloody good time surfing little lefts that stood up on the falling tide sand bank.

Easy ... Fun in the sun
(Image ripped of swell net )

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Dec 2014 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

was so much fun...did it again this afternoon...best of all No 1 Son came with me after school and had a blast too

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Dec 2014 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Good.stuff climber
Me i.scored.some.fun unexpected waves this morning. Water was very dirty and cold,kept warm paddling against the sweep yeeeeeoooooooooow. Bring in tomorrow

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo