Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Nov 2014 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

There I was at the alley minding my own when this bloke starts yelling at me.

It was the rarely seen asea

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Nov 2014 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Another crap day here. I am over all of the crap surf we have been getting of late. Its just not fair. Oct / Nov is always terrible in this part of the world but normally we get something - not the crap (yes 3 times I have used that word) we have been getting. I can count on one hand the number of decent surfs I have had of late. And that was over a two day period. Lets hope you boys are getting something more worthy. I am praying that our friends in Victoria can serve me something up decent later in the week. Its my only hope. Paddle fitness has been lost. Might have to start swimming at the current rate.

Bro you didn't miss much...Sunday arvo was probably the pick 4-5 foots bells bowl with a cross-off shore...I was out of the water but apparently it go quite good near dark

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Nov 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Another tiny but fun thigh high day this morning surfing/chatting with one other reg. I love this time of year, most people get turned off by the unfavourable winds & small swell. Forgetting that in 6 to 18 weeks time they'd be frothing with so few out & waves over knee high

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Nov 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Legion out the front of the double six, water was the cleanest I've seen it in years,about 2 to 3 foot nice on the higher tide until the wind came up.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Nov 2014 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Legion out the front of the double six, water was the cleanest I've seen it in years,about 2 to 3 foot nice on the higher tide until the wind came up.

I thought legion was from wa.

he must be on holidays

chicken396
VIC, 59 posts
18 Nov 2014 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

there were a few 3 to 4 footers at winki. tide just starting to run out

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Nov 2014 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Blah haha Lacey just returned from my second round.Its beers time

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Nov 2014 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Chicken I would have loved that today. Had some.glassy small ones on my really small board. Bit sad though. Most waves had a really nice drop then just dissapeared past the shoulder. The few that did go further were cool

Mac give us some pics,not your douche t shirts ones,but waves please...I want waves

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Nov 2014 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

I was lucky and scored one the best' carpark' waves I've had for a month

note. a carpark wave is very close to the wave of the day. its a wave that nearly takes you to where you car is

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Nov 2014 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey your a funny man

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Nov 2014 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey I got two in the first 15 mins this morning problem was I wasn't ready to come in should have because they were the best of the session.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Nov 2014 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

a true carpark wave is a rare thing mac.

the planets have to align.

its the wave that comes when you have said to yourself next good wave im in.

it can go all so wrong with the worse cases involving the walk of shame -waveless back to the car

so to speak of 2 carpark waves at the beginning of a session is blasphemy shown to the wave gods

Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for deities, to religious or holy persons or things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.

i'll leave pup to pass judgement

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
19 Nov 2014 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Wind and tide made it not so good however did take a birds eye view of a couple of euros getting rescued,good job from the boys in the tower as they spotted them from 300 meters down the beach from their station.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Nov 2014 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Wind and tide made it not so good however did take a birds eye view of a couple of euros getting rescued,good job from the boys in the tower as they spotted them from 300 meters down the beach from their station.

speaking of euro's mac.

have you got yourself some euro swimmers yet or have you been too busy

checking out the latest in boat shoes.

don't rush home for waves mate

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
19 Nov 2014 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

haha little Lacey,no to both shoes and togs I heard TC and Blaine ex PSH have a new range out breaking news my friend.

Glassed off again this afternoon not many willing to take on the 3 4 foot closeouts,beer was cold and it made for good entertainment.
How was the storm I heard Brissie got smashed,any rain at home?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Nov 2014 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
haha little Lacey,no to both shoes and togs I heard TC and Blaine ex PSH have a new range out breaking news my friend.

Glassed off again this afternoon not many willing to take on the 3 4 foot closeouts,beer was cold and it made for good entertainment.
How was the storm I heard Brissie got smashed,any rain at home?

I was in brissy working but left before it.

a bit of noise and a touch of rain.

brisvegas certainly needs some rain

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Nov 2014 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed some absolutely horrible waves with diabolical conditions to match.
The water was cold and very dirty and filled with jellyfish and lice. Strong sweep making it hard to stay on the only half decent bank...some great paddle fitness

Checked the spit and with near 200 people I could not do it after yesterday...that place can be worse than the points

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
22 Nov 2014 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just finished my last surf at double six,weather and waves have been perfect,I really enjoyed the rental board 9 footer just an old thing reminded me of Laceybeers around the pool some food they the walk of shame off to the airport,**** I love this place always pissed off when its time to leave.I'll see Matt for a day then he is heading here on yet another boys trip

GT from McTavish was kind enough to deliver my new board direct to my house,**** I haven't even paid for it,love the service replaces one of my all time boards the Splice with 2 custom fins from Wizz I'm getting excited.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
22 Nov 2014 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds great Mac... Surf was pretty small here today... Still went for a paddle... Nothing flash!

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
22 Nov 2014 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Just finished my last surf at double six,weather and waves have been perfect,I really enjoyed the rental board 9 footer just an old thing reminded me of Laceybeers around the pool some food they the walk of shame off to the airport,**** I love this place always pissed off when its time to leave.I'll see Matt for a day then he is heading here on yet another boys trip

GT from McTavish was kind enough to deliver my new board direct to my house,**** I haven't even paid for it,love the service replaces one of my all time boards the Splice with 2 custom fins from Wizz I'm getting excited.

You just made me very jealous Mac. I hate being jealous.

Sounds great. Enjoy.

ET.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Nov 2014 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like a fun trip Mac. Can not wait to get back there myself.

Finally feel like I contribute to this thread again - yep finally went for a surf this morning. Feels like a very time since I have. Some nice fun 1-2ft sliders - very clean and hollow. The 10fter was loving life.

Its gonna be a very hot one here today. The cloud cover is just burning off now and we are expecting mid to high 30s here today

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
23 Nov 2014 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

well us on the goldie have had a gutful of these howling north winds. even tweed dw runs are helping.

its like combing a hairy dog against the gain the way the seas behave on the north.

and don't believe that codswallop from chrispy about the north end being good either

absolutely over it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Nov 2014 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed some.small clean waves. Had the wrong board, but still.had some fun talking **** with the crew.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Nov 2014 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Small.glassy and fun waves..even had the right board today. The water is that cold I could wear a steamer easily. Great morning

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Nov 2014 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun little waves the last couple of days. Was funny yesterday, I took 3 boards coz I wasn't sure what to expect. Surfed the HS Germ first coz I was keen to wash the dust off it, but it was too small for it. Grabbed the Mardi Gra v2 which went great for 90 mins before the swell size & consistency dropped. But the crowd went from 2 to 7 in the blink of an eye. So I grabbed the LB & just went for the little long runners everyone else was ignoring.

Then today I had the local beachie to myself for an hour before a few other crew I hadn't seen since this time last year came out. I was thinking its funny how you see certain people at certain times of the year coz your surfing patterns coincide with you all forced to gravitate to the small or big wave spots. Otherwise your all off surfing your regular 1st preference & generally don't bump into each other...had a bit of a chat & had the 1st little barrel since early Oct. Feeling happy

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
25 Nov 2014 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Just a couple of small peelers by myself this morning....calling it two foot would be generous but at least it was clean

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
25 Nov 2014 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Onshore dribble here really need some swell and soon, plus .the winds not strong enough to kite, the dogs stoked he gets to go for a run on the beach

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Nov 2014 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Onshore dribble here really need some swell and soon

Yes indeed - you sum up how I feel exactly. I am so over this. Every year I prepare myself for the horrors of Oct / Nov and every year I am still annoyed. Need to move my holiday till now

Horto11
202 posts
26 Nov 2014 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Small.glassy and fun waves..even had the right board today. The water is that cold I could wear a steamer easily. Great morning

Does anyone know why the water on the goldie is still cool??? Upwelling? El Ni?o ?? Haha

Sunnie Coast is warmer but last surf I had a few days ago in the goldie was very cool in the water

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
26 Nov 2014 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Horto11 said..

chrispy said...

Does anyone know why the water on the goldie is still cool??? Upwelling? El Ni?o ?? Haha

Sunnie Coast is warmer but last surf I had a few days ago in the goldie was very cool in the water

I find the same thing down in Byron the water is always colder than 40 mins north for some reason.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo