Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
2 Jul 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

on my regular bike rides to Spit and back , the banks off" Mirage" seem to be the best ...

thePup
13831 posts
2 Jul 2015 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
too straight my way going to Macs secret spot tomorrow

Run amok champion carnage beckons

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Jul 2015 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics Chrispy.

Nice to surf some waves that are not life threatening / too hectic the last few days. We have had a blast the last few nights with the full moon. Have been lighting fires on the beach in front of one of the softer right handers about 5 mins up the road. Last night we had 10 of us paddle out as the incoming tide almost peaked. Bloody great fun. Moon was epic with just a bit of cloud cover helping to reflect the light. Everyone had a blast - lots of party waves and dropping in "what I did not see you on that wave" was a very common call The girls have done a stella job keeping the fires alive so we could mark the take off spot. Also nice to paddle in and have a cold beer waiting for you. Very good fun.

thePup
13831 posts
3 Jul 2015 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

bit full & ordinary here today will check it out again later on the tide drop

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Jul 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

surfed macs spot....it was not really lining up and it was small. I got few nice ones but really struggled being back on the longboard. I could get to the nose easy enough,going back to the tail was embarrassing.

Kirra I took the 7''single out and how some great fun. They were fast but if you got into them early is was fun taking that high line.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
3 Jul 2015 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't go out today but it should be good for the next couple of days here

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
3 Jul 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
surfed macs spot....it was not really lining up and it was small. I got few nice ones but really struggled being back on the longboard. I could get to the nose easy enough,going back to the tail was embarrassing.

Kirra I took the 7''single out and how some great fun. They were fast but if you got into them early is was fun taking that high line.

Yeah Kirra has had some waves the past few months good to it breaking again.

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
3 Jul 2015 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Didn't go out today but it should be good for the next couple of days here

I hope it turns out fine for you smh enjoy.

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
4 Jul 2015 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

LM some fun ones on the sunset for a change of pace,heaps of skis,boats and choppers buzzing checking for grey suit guys.
I had a quick chat with Fanning he seemed grumpy today very un Mick like.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
4 Jul 2015 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

I drove 650 kms today. I saw waves. I dreamed of waves. I talked about waves. I asked if I could make a little detour and get waves. I even got sympathy for not getting waves. Tomorrow, I hope to actually get a board off the roof.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Jul 2015 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Wow Drip that's some solid effort. If it's any consolation I rode to the furthest place I normally do for a wave in these parts. Had some epic hollow lefts for about 30 mins then 5 others showed up n then the wind arrived. Probably only 8 mins on the bike though so pales in comparison to your effort.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Jul 2015 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

I saw a red bobsled quad today so im selling my orange one to get a red one. red is faster too

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
5 Jul 2015 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I saw a red bobsled quad today so im selling my orange one to get a red one. red is faster too

But is it red on the bottom or top?? Makes a huge difference to how it performs you know.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
5 Jul 2015 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

No shortage of waves today... All reefs were pumping...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Jul 2015 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..
No shortage of waves today... All reefs were pumping...

my pants just went a bit damp...thats why vicco is in my 10 places to surf before i die...that looks beyond amazing

thePup
13831 posts
5 Jul 2015 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Got a little bit here it cleaned up well and did get bigger a the morning went on - but nothing anywhere close to that Simgromdo love great shot mate hope you scored heaps n heaps n heaps

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Jul 2015 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from surfing some pretty decent waves around head high and a bit bigger in the sets. Water still pretty good and this weather just keeps dishing up beautiful clear sunny days. Wore the short John out again. Those Vicco pics look unreal

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Jul 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Looks nice Simondo. Surfed out here - it's been so much fun the last few days. Back out for another surf now befor the tide drops too much.

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

The surf was very small today which matched the fish I caught

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

laceys lane said..

But is it red on the bottom or top?? Makes a huge difference to how it performs you know.

red on the bottom is a must. the red has to have contact with the water to be fast.

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

vanders1 said..

laceys lane said..

red on the bottom is a must. the red has to have contact with the water to be fast.

if you don't get a big fat when you see it,your dead.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Can you please keep it for at least 2 weeks so I can get to see it on a weekend surf?

I'd really appreciate that.

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..
Can you please keep it for at least 2 weeks so I can get to see it on a weekend surf?

I'd really appreciate that.

what two weeks your planning on missing a weekend surf wtf

you guys can hang all the sh8t on me all you like because I have an ace up my sleeve on both of you.

who trades a board them 3 weeks later goes and gets it back
who surfs a board well then sells it

now who's who in the zoo

there that should shut you guys up,well maybe

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Jul 2015 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Surfing related matters is my reason

Anyway this was about me getting a red one

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Jul 2015 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

Vanders stop poking the bear

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
5 Jul 2015 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

laceys lane said...

Vanders stop poking the bear

Sorry I'm still in fishing mode,glad I didn't have to feed the fam with my catch

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Jul 2015 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

So the kids are going-when are we going to eat pa

Macaha
QLD, 21899 posts
5 Jul 2015 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

oh that would have to be Pizza Hut

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Jul 2015 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

oh that would have to be Pizza Hut

pizza hut

thePup
13831 posts
5 Jul 2015 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Had a large Seal checking me out yesterday & he came back today for another sniff too ...... geez he was a big boy the biggest I've seen , the Salmon are biting atm some pretty good sized ones being reeled in right at shore

Must admit I freaked yesterday when he breached the first time fark I shat actually he was that close ..... bit of realisation I was farken mortally vulnerable ..... But at least the brown matter in my wetsuit was easy to unload

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo