Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jun 2015 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..
Underwhelming start to the swell event where I was - hung over & closed out mostly I think the Southerly wasn't helping it at all , there were some bigger sets but they just collapsed with not much face to work

There will be damage to boards & bodies looking at some of the traffic interactment saw some sideshow clowns today

Massive amount of talk about this swell about to hit WA and Indo.I see on instra theres a lot of pros in Bali awaiting this swell which started to hit today.

Checked swellnet live cams this arvo Margaret River and it said 12 -15 ft so it's started

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
26 Jun 2015 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Messy ocean, so went to a rarely breaking point. Messy ocean. 4 quick bumpy waves and decided the brownie points from getting home early were worth more than more three foot waves. Should have waxed the longboard too. I will definitely be waxing the eight footer for tomorrow, but I would like the swell to drop a little. Or get a call tonight from my mate with the jet ski. Anything becomes possible with petrol assist. It really is cheating. I heard guys were towing North Point this arvo.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
26 Jun 2015 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Do you reckon it will wrap around to the East Coast

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jun 2015 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Do you reckon it will wrap around to the East Coast

Might get some south swell next week but it looks like Indo will cop plenty. Should get some good pics from Ted.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Cracking waves here this morning photo below 3 foot breaking in 6 inches of water I don't know who this longboarder is in the pit but he would have to be one off the best I've ever seen the logo on his board looks like Classic Longboard from the sunny coast

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Occy's son

towball
4627 posts
27 Jun 2015 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Cracking waves here this morning photo below 3 foot breaking in 6 inches of water I don't know who this longboarder is in the pit but he would have to be one off the best I've ever seen the logo on his board looks like Classic Longboard from the sunny coast

Wasn't Vanders

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Vanders only graces the sunshine coast now days TB.

Vanders wheres Vanders?

But that guy ripped big time very impressive.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Jun 2015 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

who's vanders?

yeah deadly take off.

after got some nice beachies locally.

waves are everywhere today.no excuses

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
who's vanders?

yeah deadly take off.

after got some nice beachies locally.

waves are everywhere today.no excuses

Yeah glad I was on my shortboard today,not that it helped.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
27 Jun 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Me an MR had some tiny beachies at the local, I got 3 average lefts, 3 bad rights and then went home

there was one interesting incident!!!!

near the beach, over the inside bank, I could see a little cross wave coming towards me, "yippee" I says to myself, " I can have bit of fun " skipping over this

so I take a half a step back on the hotlog to lift the nose a bit, the fin digs into the sand and I do a classic face plant into a couple of inches of water

oops, how embarrassing

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..
Me an MR had some tiny beachies at the local, I got 3 average lefts, 3 bad rights and then went home

there was one interesting incident!!!!

near the beach, over the inside bank, I could see a little cross wave coming towards me, "yippee" I says to myself, " I can have bit of fun " skipping over this

so I take a half a step back on the hotlog to lift the nose a bit, the fin digs into the sand and I do a classic face plant into a couple of inches of water

oops, how embarrassing

You know what they say obct,if you don't fall off your not going hard enough

Hows the water temp in Sydney mate

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
27 Jun 2015 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Not too bad, I'm still wearing my leaky clapped out old short legged oneil 3/2 with a long sleeves adrenaline thermo top under it.

I was a bit chilly last weekend with the wind, but MR had on a brand new oneil he got at a sale a even he was a bit cold after an hour or so. It's really sunny down here today

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Jun 2015 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

And a late arvo.

What a day

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
And a late arvo.

What a day

Re Mark able

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Jun 2015 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..
And a late arvo.

What a day

Re Mark able

hey mac. the br sq is a special. the rounded pin isn't

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Jun 2015 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Lacey all boards are special

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
27 Jun 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Everywhere remotely open to swell was frightening. Found a little corner and caught some head and a half, double head high fun. Paddling out to the point from the beach was a chore with the longboard though. At least this time I had wax on it when I caught a wave.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
27 Jun 2015 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

It's only been small here but getting a perfect run of weather that's set to continue. Got two nightshifts next week which means I'll be off every day and will be in the water every day . Have not had a surf in a whole week.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
27 Jun 2015 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
It's only been small here but getting a perfect run of weather that's set to continue. Got two nightshifts next week which means I'll be off every day and will be in the water every day . Have not had a surf in a whole week.

Next week sounds good for you though. Hope you make up for it and come home smiling and stuffed.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Jun 2015 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

I will for sure. It's meant to be offshore winds all week

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Jun 2015 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

A double barrel wave at rainbow.

Best wave ive had in years.

First one was so steep almost a skiing like edge body shape to stay there.

Second one was deeper.

Mac speed

I was looking at people watching me in that timeless sensation you get

Been a very long time since ive been in like that.
It was crowded and lots of people not making the drops including me.
Like landing in very shallow water.

But its all worth when you get that special

Mac said he got a really good first one.

However it was too shallow for lb's.

Well I wouldnt like to be trying it

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
28 Jun 2015 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

I was paddling up the face and saw you slot into the first barrel and surprise saw you come out, yes my very first wave was unreal LM to the car park should have called it a day after just the one wave

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Jun 2015 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

bummer. one surf too many. waited for the palmy board riders to finish for a late on and right on cue it turn se wind.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jun 2015 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
A double barrel wave at rainbow.

Best wave ive had in years.

First one was so steep almost a skiing like edge body shape to stay there.

Second one was deeper.

Mac speed

I was looking at people watching me in that timeless sensation you get

Been a very long time since ive been in like that.
It was crowded and lots of people not making the drops including me.
Like landing in very shallow water.

But its all worth when you get that special

Mac said he got a really good first one.

However it was too shallow for lb's.

Well I wouldnt like to be trying it

nice stuff

no waves for me...two 40th birthdays and im in a place that is not very friendly anymore. The A.G.E virus has infected me

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
28 Jun 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

No waves for me either, Chrispy. I started packing for a trip up north, mowed the front and back lawns. After lunch I was eying off the surf, but the body was so stuffed from lifting things I flagged it. I don't remember doing that ten years ago. I think I am roughly around the same age as you. .....sigh.......

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Jun 2015 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Around head high on the sets today. Got a few. Beautiful weather. Theres a big high right over us and bugger all wind. Wore a short john today and the water is still nice and it's nearly July . Going to do it all again tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jun 2015 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Same as. Good run of waves atm

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
29 Jun 2015 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Glassy. Double head high with a bit more on some. Lost count of the barrels at 4. Gotta get the practice in. My tummy is starting to get the little butterflies with anticipation for my trip. Probably more of the same again tomorrow. I'm not wearing anything other than a steamer locally though. Then again, I frequently wear a steamer in summer. No such thing as poor weather, just inappropriate clothing.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
29 Jun 2015 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Mid North Coast Monday afternoon bliss ...... Bugger about the crowd

[:

D]

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo