Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Jul 2015 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

back on the longboard today and what a ball i had after a few adjustments. Excellent bank with some very fun waves. Sadly no walk around point style,just some big paddle backs. My fat arse was not liking it. Wish i went out in a vest as i was boiling hot out there once the wind died down..

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
6 Jul 2015 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
back on the longboard today and what a ball i had after a few adjustments. Excellent bank with some very fun waves. Sadly no walk around point style,just some big paddle backs. My fat arse was not liking it. Wish i went out in a vest as i was boiling hot out there once the wind died down..

and where did this activity take place young man

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
6 Jul 2015 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Saturday farking freezing second surf back from the ankle op 3-4 foot offshore and just perfect 4 wave sets 8 guys in the water.....surfed until I couldn't feel my fingers

Sunday less freezing but absolutly pumping in the water at 7ish 6 foots sets that just keep growing 8-10 waves to a set and sets every couple of minutes about 6-10 guys in the water...ankle not exactly loving it but sheet glass and amazing 200 to 300m rides not to many turns at this stage but came in absolutly spent....some good shots here

http://www.swellnet.com/photos/swellnet-sessions/sunday-bells-photos

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Jul 2015 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Nice tux

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
6 Jul 2015 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Great photos Tux, you'd have to pick your timing to paddle back out through those sets.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jul 2015 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Glad to see you back in the water Tux. That's awesome news.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
7 Jul 2015 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..
Great photos Tux, you'd have to pick your timing to paddle back out through those sets.

Surf fitness is sadly lacking but amazingly my sprint paddling seems to gain an extra gear when sets are about to start pouring through on your head

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Jul 2015 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

^ lol same

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jul 2015 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

surf has backed off a touch this morning. Incoming tide should see it jump a few feet though. Not too many people here at the moment so the last few days have been filled with quality uncrowded surfs. Been surfing my backhand a lot this last week.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
8 Jul 2015 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
surf has backed off a touch this morning. Incoming tide should see it jump a few feet though. Not too many people here at the moment so the last few days have been filled with quality uncrowded surfs. Been surfing my backhand a lot this last week.

Score!!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Jul 2015 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Score!!

yeeeooow

surfed yesterday hoping for the day befores goodness.....dum dum the southerly hit after about twenty minutes...it was bad...only good thing was the fitness side which i am needing

today it is not even breaking..plus im smoking some beef short ribs over apple wood with some chicken lollipops ....go the blues

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jul 2015 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Weird over here with the trades not really kicking in yet. Made for some weird conditions for this time of year. No complaints though

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
8 Jul 2015 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Got down there around midday to find it blowing south east so went to the river and paddle for an hour and a half. Hard work but it feels good when you've finished. Friday is looking ok but we're in for some freezing cold weather and strong west to south west winds over the weekend. I reckon Vicco will be in for some swell plus the wind. Good time of the year to be in QLD. Ted's got the right idea

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jul 2015 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

But big for me there JB

Fun surf this morning out the front but sadly a few others thought it would be a good day for an early start as well.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
9 Jul 2015 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said..

Ted the Kiwi said..
Weird over here with the trades not really kicking in yet. Made for some weird conditions for this time of year. No complaints though

Ted did you see this clip and series of shots from up your way
http://www.surfingmagazine.com/photos/the-biggest-wave-ever-paddled-into-in-indo/

Pretty big but not even close to the biggest ever in Indo...Jim Banks in '78 or recently at Ulu's smokes that for size I reckon....when the great man says he was undergunned on a 7'6 you know its pretty serious

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jul 2015 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice juice has arrived this evening. Early start tom

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jul 2015 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

I'm heading down soon. Theres very little wind and it's shoulder high. We're in for some heavy weather down here in the next few days.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jul 2015 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Epic.

Salty Sea Dog
VIC, 346 posts
10 Jul 2015 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a photo from last night, clean as a whistle 3-5ft. Lucky to score again this morning with a little less size. Good times

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jul 2015 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Salty. Looks lovely. Here are a couple from this AM. 8 broken boards at last count.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jul 2015 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty hard to to those last two posts from Salty and Ted but got it nice at around head high, light offshore and overcast. Wore the steamer.

SP
10979 posts
10 Jul 2015 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Getting cold out there SMH. Next few days look a bit chilly..

Sweet photos boys...

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Jul 2015 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice pics guys...I've finally acclimatized enough to surf the local. Not as big as the last couple of days, but just as crap ...haha nah was ok but you know

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Jul 2015 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Nice work Salty. Looks lovely. Here are a couple from this AM. 8 broken boards at last count.

Thats pretty sizy ted

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jul 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of shots of me from this morning. The Nano was on edge most of the session but performed well. It has a decent wave range thats for sure.

SP
10979 posts
10 Jul 2015 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Solid..

Great photos..

thePup
13831 posts
10 Jul 2015 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Ted geez you bastard of a thing

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jul 2015 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
Getting cold out there SMH. Next few days look a bit chilly..

Sweet photos boys...

It's going to get colder too by the look of it. That low looks like it's going to get pretty deep. Should get a little wave in the morning but that will be it for a few days I reckon.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Jul 2015 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Nw winds so that lm and mac out of the picture .

Man wont surf anywhere else
Middle wide alley on the bsq 7 ft then some small beachies on the puffer5 5.10

Not bad for a so so day

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
11 Jul 2015 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Nw winds so that lm and mac out of the picture .

Man wont surf anywhere else
Middle wide alley on the bsq 7 ft then some small beachies on the puffer5 5.10

Not bad for a so so day

Nice!

I would have joined you but out of action with my shoulder.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo