13831 posts
16 Jul 2015 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

No good here today sadly blown apart really

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Jul 2015 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

a very cold day on the goldy. some waist high peelers on the sets,a long wait for them as well.....but i had to try a new fin out....the board i was,well it blew me away how it went in something so small

SP
10979 posts
17 Jul 2015 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
a very cold day on the goldy. some waist high peelers on the sets,a long wait for them as well.....but i had to try a new fin out....the board i was,well it blew me away how it went in something so small

Did you finally get one of Roys fins?

What did you get?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Jul 2015 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

chrispy said...

What did you get?

nah mate. i got a different one back then,as i did not have the patience to wait for it. im still keen to try one though. who knows roy might give me a seabreeze deal

SP
10979 posts
17 Jul 2015 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
SP said..

chrispy said...

What did you get?

nah mate. i got a different one back then,as i did not have the patience to wait for it. im still keen to try one though. who knows roy might give me a seabreeze deal

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
17 Jul 2015 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Where did you surf Chrispy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Jul 2015 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Where did you surf Chrispy

across the pond...i was told it was picking up a bit more this arvo. i was also told main had some fun peelers as well on a nice bank

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Jul 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

not surfing, well kinda.

dw ed from Cleveland to stradie . mean wind, mean steep relentless bumps.

I was under finned but only fell once.

absolutely the reverse to the goldie beaches. wild winds. the barges were have be trouble docking.

2 ft winds swell slapping into the ramps

thePup
13831 posts
17 Jul 2015 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh blew like a bastard here too mate ..... futile

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
17 Jul 2015 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
not surfing, well kinda.

absolutely the reverse to the goldie beaches. wild winds. the barges were have be trouble docking.

wrong room sunshine

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
17 Jul 2015 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

2 foot. Messy beachie.

SP
10979 posts
18 Jul 2015 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..
imo teds totally lost it

About the only thing he is lost in is ,Paradise and thats not a bad thing,looking forward to catching up with local Ted and Tux next week.

Yes Mac looking forward to it. Maybe we should shoot for Sunset at Old Mans. Nice place to spend a few hours. Swell has dropped off a bit but still some fun spots on the higher tides.

Just saw this Ted...

Same bloke... Same place?

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Jul 2015 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

Marvellous noseriding session with Lacey,great to have the right board for the conditions

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Jul 2015 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Yes indeed SP. nice bloke normally comes for a few months at the start of the season for the last 15 years or so. Rips for an Englishman. Watching that first wave live was insane. Thought he was going for al money and somehow he recovered that tail. Incredible.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
18 Jul 2015 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Marvellous noseriding session with Lacey,great to have the right board for the conditions

So you got the toes over?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Jul 2015 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..
not surfing, well kinda.

wrong room sunshine

only surf report to give moonshine

thePup
13831 posts
18 Jul 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Was glad I got out early today even though it was hung over & sort of peaky chunks everywhere - fattish but some really nice ones if you picked 'em right ..... bit of lubbly jubbly froth

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Jul 2015 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

So you got the toes over?

toes pfff,I did the whole body twist,oh toes no just some walking of sorts,you know the walk from green to lm a few times.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
18 Jul 2015 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

So I saw the wind and figured for some head high fun. Drive down to the beach, suited up, grabbed the longboard rather than the 7' or 8' boards and paddled out without having looked at the beach. .....ummmmm.....whoopsy!

Yep it was glassy and only a handful of people out. It was also surprisingly solid with some triple overhead bomb sets every ten minutes or so. After initially paddling in looking for a small left and copping the first set on the head, I sat out the back for ten minutes and got a really nice right hand set wave from a little behind the peak only to be brutally burned as I bottom turned. I straightened out and had the whole thing unleash on the tail of my board. Somewhere in the flogging the board collected my foot and I presently have a very nice bruise turning purple. It goes well with the remnants of urchin still in there from last week. Being in the middle of the peak, I copped another set on the head and got washed through. I paddled out and got another small one - head and half or so - and that was the end of my surf window. One hour, two waves. I feel like I surfed for three hours though as I am absolutely stuffed. I copped so many waves while trying to get to the shoulder I was paddling almost nonstop.

Oh well, it made me feel alive and manly and I did get the biggest wave I saw come through even if I was treated like red headed step child by old mate.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Jul 2015 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
So I saw the wind and figured for some head high fun. Drive down to the beach, suited up, grabbed the longboard rather than the 7' or 8' boards and paddled out without having looked at the beach. .....ummmmm.....whoopsy!

Yep it was glassy and only a handful of people out. It was also surprisingly solid with some triple overhead bomb sets every ten minutes or so. After initially paddling in looking for a small left and copping the first set on the head, I sat out the back for ten minutes and got a really nice right hand set wave from a little behind the peak only to be brutally burned as I bottom turned. I straightened out and had the whole thing unleash on the tail of my board. Somewhere in the flogging the board collected my foot and I presently have a very nice bruise turning purple. It goes well with the remnants of urchin still in there from last week. Being in the middle of the peak, I copped another set on the head and got washed through. I paddled out and got another small one - head and half or so - and that was the end of my surf window. One hour, two waves. I feel like I surfed for three hours though as I am absolutely stuffed. I copped so many waves while trying to get to the shoulder I was paddling almost nonstop.

Oh well, it made me feel alive and manly and I did get the biggest wave I saw come through even if I was treated like red headed step child by old mate.

So. Try again tomorrow

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Jul 2015 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

surfed some glassy straight handers...mumbles and co checked the south end and said main was better maybe they had the wrong equipment

drip thats pretty mental...triple overhead im watching on the hill,not paddling out on a longboard

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
18 Jul 2015 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
surfed some glassy straight handers...mumbles and co checked the south end and said main was better maybe they had the wrong equipment

drip thats pretty mental...triple overhead im watching on the hill,not paddling out on a longboard

Yeah I ballsed that one up. Lol. Either of the other two boards I had with me would have been a bit more appropriate. I just didn't expect it to be that size, but I think there is a bit of North in the swell as I heard there were waves in the Bay yesterday - which normally needs huge swells or a front - and yet I surfed an exposed beachie yesterday and it was 1-2 foot. For those who know the area, Piquet was too big and Meelup had waves, yet Redgate was pathetically small.

And this little surf was completely unexpected Lacey, as the forecast for the next few days is actually pretty ordinary. I hope I can go again tomorrow but dubious, very dubious.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Jul 2015 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Mate if your break was striaght we won with small waves from lm to greenie and your boys were off their game equipment wise

and the drip sounds like you were on the wrong equipment also,did you sort the burning guy or lay down

As long as you all had a fun time I'm happy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Jul 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Mate if your break was striaght we won with small waves from lm to greenie and your boys were off their game equipment wise

and the drip sounds like you were on the wrong equipment also,did you sort the burning guy or lay down

As long as you all had a fun time I'm happy

hahaha i sorta had fun....more falling in love with a board i wanted to burn...yep a fin makes a difference.... we had head high waves but the good ones were few and far between....sounds like you win....how was the crowd first

edit....they said it was barely breaking,so yes that is small....but we are in the longboard forum

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Jul 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you for saying a fin makes a difference,boy some people have no idea

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Jul 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

so, lust how much did this placebo effect fin cost you chrispy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Jul 2015 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
so, lust how much did this placebo effect fin cost you chrispy

$125 delivered but im stoked now

edit it might be a placebo effect,as i have had a few bad points in my surfing pointed out....skating is not always going to help you surf

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
18 Jul 2015 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha, unfortunately I was too busy dealing with the wave and didn't get a good look at him. By the time I got washed through three other blokes were paddling out in the channel so I wasn't sure which one it was. Rest assured, one of my character defects is I am not a shrinking violet in the water and words would have been exchanged if I knew who it was.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Jul 2015 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

surfed lm for 1 hour...it was **** and crowded...no matter what board ya had

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo