Thumbs Up

Come on Vanders use the other shoulder you'd paddle rings around Lacey

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
11 Jul 2015 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Couple of shots of me from this morning. The Nano was on edge most of the session but performed well. It has a decent wave range thats for sure.

Its hasn't even cracked 10C here today...I want to say you suck but then I want to see more photo's

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Jul 2015 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Checked it this morning and it was small and clean but didn't look too appealing so went for a river paddle and came home and washed the car. Then I did some grocery shopping and went down and paddled out in some little runners. Had an OK time and now I'm getting ready to go to work on night shift. Busy

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jul 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Its hasn't even cracked 10C here today...I want to say you suck but then I want to see more photo's

LOL less than 10c, I'm sure Kev would understand

16c here today. Took the log out for some clean chest height fun at 12:30. Surprisingly only 3 guys & a few kids on SB's...almost didn't leave the house, glad I did

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Jul 2015 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

No pics today Tux. Surfed a very nice long wave with 3 others for 2.5 hours. Heaven. Last surf for a few days though as back to the big smoke of Bali for a few days for some meetings. Yuck.

thePup
13831 posts
13 Jul 2015 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Finally got my work swing out of the way .... missed the weekend's ppppppppfffffffffffft-fest but managed to score a few pretty decent pppppppfffffffttttttts this morning bugger all peeps out just a couple of the regular dudes which is good pffffffffftttttting isn't it slave away folks I'm on downtime for the week

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
13 Jul 2015 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Finally got my work swing out of the way .... missed the weekend's ppppppppfffffffffffft-fest but managed to score a few pretty decent pppppppfffffffttttttts this morning bugger all peeps out just a couple of the regular dudes which is good pffffffffftttttting isn't it slave away folks I'm on downtime for the week

sounds good Pup and slave away I will I have a big indo box to open tomorrow them off to Melbourne to see what cold is really like a a day or so.

thePup
13831 posts
13 Jul 2015 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah fark that Vicco stuff mate brrrrrrrr we've just had a cold snap here been down below 1 degree on a couple of mornings farken hate them

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Matt the other week

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Mac the other week

Nice

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Jul 2015 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

At work today but we have a south swell that has kicked up overnight and looks like it's getting bigger. I've got Thursday off so hopefully this really cold weather and wind backs off so I can get amongst it. The Queenslanders must be shocked by this cold snap. Soft

thePup
13831 posts
14 Jul 2015 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Snagged a few small ones today & it was much warmer compared to yesterday as the sun was out all day - choice

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Jul 2015 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some at the alley.

NO BEEF OR EGGS WERE HARMED.

Got into the park and this guy came over to look at the bsq.

He reckons a one board indo board.
I wouldnt know never been there

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
15 Jul 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

what part of indo? isnt it really wide with boxy rails? i guess you would know,how does it go in hollow waves would answer your question/staement...

me i lurked around home,it was solid but very straight...drove down towards the alley,got smaller as we went. So we thought might try a bank at surfers,well the tide killed that.

then i went for a cruise down the coast to buy a fin for my single....got side tracked and ended up with some amazing waves. 4ft and chunky

Still no fin which is really pissing me off. Pissing me off that i cant go to a surf shop and buy one

thePup
13831 posts
15 Jul 2015 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

No ride for me today - managed to offload a heap of stuff that I can't take east with me

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Jul 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

what part of indo? isnt it really wide with boxy rails? i guess you would know,how does it go in hollow waves would answer your question/staement...

me i lurked around home,it was solid but very straight...drove down towards the alley,got smaller as we went. So we thought might try a bank at surfers,well the tide killed that.

then i went for a cruise down the coast to buy a fin for my single....got side tracked and ended up with some amazing waves. 4ft and chunky

Still no fin which is really pissing me off. Pissing me off that i cant go to a surf shop and buy one

its a quad. mid rail might be a bit boxy. has a massive double concave. had it out in that ankle deep stuff at snapper/lm which was as hollow as it gets. went ok, not great but not bad

im guess he means a one board all rounder not a gland only one board.

again I haven't been to indo. just what he said

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
15 Jul 2015 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

its a quad. mid rail might be a bit boxy. has a massive double concave. had it out in that ankle deep stuff at snapper/lm which was as hollow as it gets. went ok, not great but not bad

im guess he means a one board all rounder not a land only one board.

again I haven't been to indo. just what he said

hey i have only seen the old model,not your flash new one i was just going on a common sense question i thought about wave conditions,and how it went for you in similar conditions....hell i dont even know if you have had it out in hollow stuff....or did this bloke surf mac indo waves

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Jul 2015 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

mac indo waves!!!!!!!!!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Jul 2015 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Worked again today but got tomorrow off. Went and checked it after I bought some lunch and theres a really nice head high swell. I'm off tomorrow but the forecast is winds picking up out of the south east so I could miss out so it might be another river paddle. Doesn't matter because I've got every day next week off so I'm bound to get something.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
15 Jul 2015 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Spent a few days over the last ten on the longboard on waves like this. It was hard work but someone had to do it. On the other days I was getting pitted on a 7'quad, 7' single, 6'10" thing. I surfed five of the six boards I took.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jul 2015 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Drip. Hope the drive was not too long

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jul 2015 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

LL - you should come visit me. Will show you some nice waves to play on - you will not be disappointed I promise if you want to do some work around the house I am sure we can something out

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
15 Jul 2015 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
LL - you should come visit me. Will show you some nice waves to play on - you will not be disappointed I promise if you want to do some work around the house I am sure we can something out

Unfortunately Ted if you live at he southern end of the Goldie long enough there's something in the water supply that causes the chronic debilitating condition of Wontleavepostcodeopsy, it results in a the suffer failing to have any desire to experience new surroundings, waves or meet new people. Two sufferers come to mind and I'll keep working to assist them with their conditions.

thePup
13831 posts
15 Jul 2015 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Unfortunately Ted if you live at he southern end of the Goldie long enough there's something in the water supply that causes the chronic debilitating condition of Wontleavepostcodeopsy, it results in a the suffer failing to have any desire to experience new surroundings, waves or meet new people. Two sufferers come to mind and I'll keep working to assist them with their conditions.

One of them has BBQphobiosis too champion

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Jul 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

listen here mr vanders come lately

ive spent decades running around the countryside chasing waves wasting time and money.

when I did some summer mountain work it was a 5 to 6 hr trip to the surf and another 5 to 6 hrs back on the weekends.

would hate to thing of the amount of money spent on petrol in over the decades..

so you come back to me in 30 years then we'll talk.

in the mean time you can play catch up

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
16 Jul 2015 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Hey I'll keep offering mate, won't ever cost you petrol money.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jul 2015 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

got to surf at home today. the water was like oil..waves were brilliant,well you had to be patient for the winners or pump hard from the start to get a goody. bugger all crowd and thats why i love winter

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
16 Jul 2015 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

What's it looking it's got to be better than freezing Melbourne

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Jul 2015 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
What's it looking it's got to be better than freezing Melbourne

whats the go down there- a international mctavish business conference .

was simondo the treasurer.

was towball the nz connection

were you the artistic director and advertising director(pimper)

how come I wasn't in the loop

did bob and simondo make you all chant- greed is good

was chrispy caught spying out the window( his cw tshirt is a dead give away)

well was it

thePup
13831 posts
16 Jul 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Go hard

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo