Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Aug 2015 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

smicko said...
Had Cosy's surprisingly good and uncrowded yesterday morning. Forgotten how much fun that joint is. That stretch is such a saviour when the SE'er comes to play.

Works in a SW even smicko

Yeah I remember surfing it pretty solid years ago in a howling s-sw and it was still hollow, love how shallow it gets.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Aug 2015 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
Few nice ones elsewhere today, even got a bit of sun.

That looks like heaps of fun. No fun here though . Ugly wind blown and heaps of storm water. Hoping for something on Friday

thePup
13831 posts
26 Aug 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

You did well Mick that's way better than what I scored

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Aug 2015 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

It had it's moments, busier than it looks. The bowl section was often littered with speed bumps. Still, got enough that I'm hobbling around like an old carnt now.

Cobra
9106 posts
26 Aug 2015 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

thePup said...
Incredible mate now you didn't bonk a indo hooker in it did you

You know the Cobra would have

Fixed it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 3:54AM
Thumbs Up

No need to pay Cobra. The Bulle is still in strong demand - think of it like the Swedish backpacker....well that is what the boys tell me and I see with my own eyes. You just need to know where to shop

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Aug 2015 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Had some super fun waves just down from Canggu this morning. Borrowed a mates AB Channel bottom with a swallow tail. So much fun down the line. Loads of speed and bite through the turns. Nice to be back in the water.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Aug 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Head waves high bumpy side shore . Water very murky. Not ideal but but scored half a dozen

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Aug 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

really fun waves most of this week. tried the two surf in one day trick but always seemed to fail. Looking forward to tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Aug 2015 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Mac. Asea. Myself. At lm

No vanders Mystery man

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
29 Aug 2015 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Surf was smaller today but always enjoyable with Lacey and Asea, Vanders missing in action

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Aug 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Had forgotten how crowded the northern beaches are on a weekend. Holly smoke !

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Aug 2015 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

I headed down after waking up at 11 after nightshift. Perfect conditions , offshore winds and south east swell but the banks are bad everywhere. Just closeouts. I could have headed to a local river mouth but heard just yesterday that a white pointer of around 4 meters has been spotted around there lately. With all of this rain we've had here there would be a lot of fish moving out and with a shark in the picture it's not worth it.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Aug 2015 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
I headed down after waking up at 11 after nightshift. Perfect conditions , offshore winds and south east swell but the banks are bad everywhere. Just closeouts. I could have headed to a local river mouth but heard just yesterday that a white pointer of around 4 meters has been spotted around there lately. With all of this rain we've had here there would be a lot of fish moving out and with a shark in the picture it's not worth it.

But the do gooders say you have more chance of being struck by lightning so you have nothing to worry about

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Aug 2015 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Nicer waves today on the bsq chrispy.

Where was the hunter and those eyes

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
30 Aug 2015 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Some more fun but my body was spent 8 hours of surfing in 3 days

Niknot
WA, 52 posts
30 Aug 2015 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

aren't you lucky. Lumpy crap over here, kites are out tearing it up. 6 weeks to my next bali trip ywhat.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
30 Aug 2015 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Swell has picked but so has the wind from the south. I won't bother today. Plenty of time through the week

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
30 Aug 2015 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a wave I haven't surfed in 15 years on the longboard. Struggled to find the peak and when I found it struggled to make a drop. Two hours of frustration. Got four or five bad waves, one bad good one, and one good one that slabbed on me after a wobbly take off where I lost all my speed. Which was unfortunate as I needed it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Aug 2015 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Lots of South in the swell today. Few folks trying the run from Winki into the Bower but failing. 40 plus in the water and long lulls so did not even bother.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Aug 2015 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Few small.fun ones this morning

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Sep 2015 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

had so many fun waves today....picture perfect spring day.....so sunny and warm my face is glowing

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Sep 2015 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Sep 2015 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Great shots there Chrispy - seems you are having too much fun. I just went for a walk along the Manly stretch - low tide with crap banks on display - loads of closeouts. Probably be ok if the tide was in - nice conditions otherwise.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
1 Sep 2015 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispys photography is coming alone nicely.

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Sep 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Is it really spring, bloody cold cross shore today...but had some fun overhead waves with only a couple of others out. Gotta say, we havn't had much of a winter over here in the way of big stormy waves. So I'm really not in a hurry for summer to come along. Had some beautiful spring like days all winter which are great, but really hoping for some big stormy conditions & more rain. Our damns are really low.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
1 Sep 2015 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Is it really spring, bloody cold cross shore today...but had some fun overhead waves with only a couple of others out. Gotta say, we havn't had much of a winter over here in the way of big stormy waves. So I'm really not in a hurry for summer to come along. Had some beautiful spring like days all winter which are great, but really hoping for some big stormy conditions & more rain. Our damns are really low.

The weather pattern needs to change or summer will be awful. Even worse for you.

Hasn't been that big (four to six foot for the most part) although we have had lots of offshore but normally if we get that it is stained undies time. I want a summer of four to eight. It's looking less and less likely.

And, girls blouse that I am, the cold put me off grovelling today.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
1 Sep 2015 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Headed south sulking after blowing shoulder out again.

Catching up up with the Sydney crew tomorrow night with an old blow-in by the name of Ted somebody apparently in town too.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Sep 2015 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
laceys lane said..

Catching up up with the Sydney crew tomorrow night with an old blow-in by the name of Ted somebody apparently in town too.

Smells like group love again

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
1 Sep 2015 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

vanders1 said...

laceys lane said..

Smells like group love again

Have to share it around mate.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo