Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
22 Aug 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Fun overhead chunksters at the local with only a couple of others out & had some real nice rights for a change

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
22 Aug 2015 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

1-2 foot sloppy, onshore left point break so shallow and small I literally had to surf around rocks jutting out of the water. Seals bouncing around too. Me and a mate for half the surf. Just me for the other half as he sat on the rocks at the start waiting to see if it was breaking and, if it was, see if it was surfable.

Thank god for mini-mal fish things.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Aug 2015 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Epic day with fark all out, got heaps on the shortboard & log. Happily rooted

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Aug 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Weird surf. Snaffled three bombs straight up on the 8' gun. One of them nice enough to get two comments on the way out and in the car park at the end. Then sat out the back and waited for another. And waited. When one eventually came I paddled too wide and missed it. Waited and waited. Twenty minutes between sets. Another one came and I pulled back as I paddled out for it and the quick spin, late take off intimidated me. Waited. Paddled wide when the set came and ballsed it up again. Went inside and tried to up the wave count. Got one. Saw a set coming and got out to it and got another really good wave.

So five wicked waves in an hour and a half isn't bad, but it just feels like I wasted the middle 70 minutes. Oh well. The sun was out and I did get that early bomb. Glass hf full, glass half full....

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Aug 2015 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Drip - that's five more waves Than I got. Stuck in smelly polluted Jakarta as we speak. Ouch

thePup
13831 posts
23 Aug 2015 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

What's the go there mate - business ?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Aug 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Yes indeed Pup. Loads of meetings the next 4 days. Then back to Bali for a night and maybe a surf......then off to the great land of Oz.

Cobra
9106 posts
23 Aug 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

hows the 666 going,,got any pics

Cobra
9106 posts
23 Aug 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Some chunky wedges today. The local was good until I got in....thank fark you get them special phone calls....had fun second time around

special calls

Cobra
9106 posts
23 Aug 2015 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

had some nice waves at the local today.
until i nearly got run over by the clubby zodiac
practising in the surf WTF.

they do a great job,,but **** me sideways .

thePup
13831 posts
23 Aug 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

thePup said..

How does FARK OFF sound best $20 I ever paid to a clubbie to smash an ex-Vicco Nth Qlder

Cobra
9106 posts
23 Aug 2015 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Cobra said..

thePup said..

How does FARK OFF sound best $20 I ever paid to a clubbie to smash an ex-Vicco Nth Qlder

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Aug 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
Weird surf. Snaffled three bombs straight up on the 8' gun. One of them nice enough to get two comments on the way out and in the car park at the end. Then sat out the back and waited for another. And waited. When one eventually came I paddled too wide and missed it. Waited and waited. Twenty minutes between sets. Another one came and I pulled back as I paddled out for it and the quick spin, late take off intimidated me. Waited. Paddled wide when the set came and ballsed it up again. Went inside and tried to up the wave count. Got one. Saw a set coming and got out to it and got another really good wave.

So five wicked waves in an hour and a half isn't bad, but it just feels like I wasted the middle 70 minutes. Oh well. The sun was out and I did get that early bomb. Glass hf full, glass half full....

Yeah I think the swell period was longer than predicted. Wave size was about the same as yesterday, but not as consistent. Seemed to pulse with a few sets & then nothing for 10 or 15 minutes where I was...that's why I ended up grabbing the log so I could catch smaller waves in between

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
23 Aug 2015 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
thedrip said..

Yeah I think the swell period was longer than predicted. Wave size was about the same as yesterday, but not as consistent. Seemed to pulse with a few sets & then nothing for 10 or 15 minutes where I was...that's why I ended up grabbing the log so I could catch smaller waves in between

I had the longboard on the roof and was constantly thinking I should grab that for the things that were breaking on the inside. But I couldn't help myself. Just wanted bombs. I think you are probably right on the swell period as even though it wasn't that big it had some grunt in it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Aug 2015 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice ones from the big swell in June

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Aug 2015 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing doing down here. Horrible east to south east winds and driving rain. I was hoping I'd get a few waves this week after a weekend out in the bush but it might be OK later in the week. Some incredible waves there Ted.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Aug 2015 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Nothing doing down here. Horrible east to south east winds and driving rain. I was hoping I'd get a few waves this week after a weekend out in the bush but it might be OK later in the week. Some incredible waves there Ted.

well I will make you feel better....I surfed total crap....small,**** bank and the wind was not friendly ....we had a laugh and got wet...so I guess not a total loss

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Aug 2015 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

I had the longboard on the roof and was constantly thinking I should grab that for the things that were breaking on the inside. But I couldn't help myself. Just wanted bombs. I think you are probably right on the swell period as even though it wasn't that big it had some grunt in it.

Good thing about my local is you can paddle for sets & small ones from the same spot.

......Some fun little waves this arvo on the 666. Beautiful day, no one out & I got to wash the dust off my springy

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Aug 2015 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

smh said...

well I will make you feel better....I surfed total crap....small,**** bank and the wind was not friendly ....we had a laugh and got wet...so I guess not a total loss

any surf is better than nothing

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Aug 2015 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

smh said..

chrispy said..

smh said...

smh said..

chrispy said..

smh said...

true

thePup
13831 posts
24 Aug 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I have to go with that SM

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
24 Aug 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Had Cosy's surprisingly good and uncrowded yesterday morning. Forgotten how much fun that joint is. That stretch is such a saviour when the SE'er comes to play.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2015 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...

Same. Closest I got to water today was the pool on the 56 floor in Jakarta. Great feast though at Skye View. This city is growing on me despite the traffic

thePup
13831 posts
24 Aug 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Incredible mate now you didn't have a sneaky pee in it did you

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2015 11:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...
Incredible mate now you didn't have a sneaky pee in it did you

You know the Cobra would have

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Aug 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

fun little glassy peelers this morning.....had lunch with the girl and the surf had picked up and was looking like more fun. Raced home grabbed a board paddled out and the wind laughed at me.....was so horrible

thePup
13831 posts
26 Aug 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

I got some very lumpy cross shore offerings early actually had a bit size but a heap of closeouts - surfs a surf

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Aug 2015 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
Had Cosy's surprisingly good and uncrowded yesterday morning. Forgotten how much fun that joint is. That stretch is such a saviour when the SE'er comes to play.

Works in a SW even smicko

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Aug 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Few nice ones elsewhere today, even got a bit of sun.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
26 Aug 2015 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

thePup said...

Same. Closest I got to water today was the pool on the 56 floor in Jakarta. Great feast though at Skye View. This city is growing on me despite the traffic

Gee the sky is unusually clearer than I remember.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo