Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
4 Dec 2015 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the bay Byron for 2.5 hours exhausted every wave was car park material legs are like jelly took green machine out then mct HQ great morning

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
4 Dec 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Surfed the bay Byron for 2.5 hours exhausted every wave was car park material legs are like jelly took green machine out then mct HQ great morning

Is that just a lead in before you tell us what you ordered...way to build the suspense

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
4 Dec 2015 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Macaha said..

Is that just a lead in before you tell us what you ordered...way to build the suspense

Nah mate I ordered it 2 weeks ago shaped but awaiting Bob to hand finish.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
4 Dec 2015 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Good to hear you had a good one Mac. I just got back from waist to head high waves. Nice in but the banks are a bit ordinary. Still got a few though

SP
10979 posts
4 Dec 2015 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Tux said..

Macaha said..

Nah mate I ordered it 2 weeks ago shaped but awaiting Bob to hand finish.

Hand finish by Bob...

Hope you bought him lunch first.

Was your Camera broken???

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
4 Dec 2015 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

No lunch required its a little thank you from team mct,nice.
I didn't even see the blank its a mad house in the factory atm.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

words out mac is taking apart 5 ft snapper/rainbow and wiping his a55 with any short boarder that gets in his way.

ruthless

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Got excited for him and watched the Snapper camera for ten minutes.

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
5 Dec 2015 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Blood ambo's and hell of a lot of snapped boards it's a mad house

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

So wide lm for you then

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Looks fun fellas get out there !

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
5 Dec 2015 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Yeeewww!! Epic!

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Dec 2015 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Saw it on the cam, looks epic...think I'd be looking for wide ones too, just so I didn't have to dodge so much traffic

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Saw it on the cam, looks epic...think I'd be looking for wide ones too, just so I didn't have to dodge so much traffic

I cant tell you guys how dangerous it is. you have people that see an opportunity to get a wave and no amount of people in their way is going to stop them.

all common sense goes out the window. sitting out wide will get you almost nothing because someone on the inside will get it without doubt.

so you have to get your hands dirty. last time I went out in something like this I thought I was a goner about 10 times.

trying to get the inside growers ups the ante

I paddled in, this isn't worth it.

on that same swell a week later when it was dropping I got run over by a mal. tore my wetsuit up a cross my shoulder.

cams actually lie how congested it is.

the best bet is small days with sneaky unreported by media swell surges

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2015 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like the homey when the usual suspects rock up - it is a Saturday lace so you'd expect a few more than usual

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Sounds like the homey when the usual suspects rock up - it is a Saturday lace so you'd expect a few more than usual

yeah. saturated.sadly im not missing any thing today

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Dec 2015 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

I can imagine mate, looks hell scary...Rainbow is one of the cams I check on my daily net browsing. I've seen so many days with small but super fun looking long clean waves with hardly anyone out apart from Snapper. They'd be my favourite days too.

When we stayed there for a week in 2009 at the Mantra. There was a really big swell running in July. I surfed straight out in between GM & Kirra. I was usually the only one there with long waves ending near the Kirra groyne. The sweep was pretty bad though. I'd paddle out & catch the first wave as soon as I was out the back. Then walk up a bit & repeat. Had no probs, didn't get fully pitted, but had a lot of fun.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
5 Dec 2015 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Up in the big smoke today (Sydney) . Had a flat water paddle in Port Hacking. Looking good up on the Goldy

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
5 Dec 2015 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
thePup said..

yeah. saturated.sadly im not missing any thing today

I didn't want to be a negative nancy and rain in the parade, but yeah the crowd looked nuts. And the bank isn't as variable as when I have surfed it with a bit of size in it. So that doesn't help.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Dec 2015 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

I have never surfed it for the same reasons that LL spoke of. Last time I was there and it was 4-5ft I sat in the surf club and had lunch instead. It was carnage. Counted 350 people. Scary

I just Surfed a fun shifty right handed 3ft reef with a few bigger ones. Crowd factor of 5. Fun until the wind got up and put a bit of a bump in the face. Nice first surf on the new toy. Goes good. Real good actually. Bloody quick. First wave was a real eye opener. Think it's fair to say this board will be getting lots of use. No post purchase doubts what so ever

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
5 Dec 2015 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

While catting in the carpark today a rather spooked lady drove in and said a guy was dragged out of the surf from dbah,news in sadly he passed away RIP.

edit just found this.

www.liquifymag.com/tragic-scenes-as-man-dies-in-surf-at-duranbah/4033

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2015 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

that's no good poor bastard

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

I was chatting with Jackson before he paddled out,it took him 30 minutes before he got his first wave then he opened up and blew the the crew away with the best barrels of the day,he was so deep in one every figured he got smashed only to come flying out huge roar.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

ive had a few like that from behind the rock

then I wake up

ps don't make this dirty pup

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
5 Dec 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Blood ambo's and hell of a lot of snapped boards it's a mad house

you tamed the crowd there today well done

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
While catting in the carpark today a rather spooked lady drove in and said a guy was dragged out of the surf from dbah,news in sadly he passed away RIP.

edit just found this.

www.liquifymag.com/tragic-scenes-as-man-dies-in-surf-at-duranbah/4033

I didn't see that. rip

thePup
13831 posts
5 Dec 2015 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
ive had a few like that from behind the rock

then I wake up

ps don't make this dirty pup

JC is just good to watch on what I have seen - looking forward to seeing it in situ Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

got a couple of waves.

on a16 fter catching right hand reforms in the ck mouth.

first waves back, the glide- stoked.

thePup
13831 posts
6 Dec 2015 6:09AM
Thumbs Up

How was the uncle hernie

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo