Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Small crew out

Bigger that I'm waiting for the high tide this arvo and I'll be on it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Dec 2015 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

nice waves across the pond. thick and farking chunky. got some good ones,,,got some nice floggings. the paddle back was sh1t...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Dec 2015 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from some head high waves. Nice swell here out of the east by the look of it. Closing out a bit but managed to get a few.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Dec 2015 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

I took Lacey's advice for once he was right but I knew he was Afternoon high tide swell and wolfs dropped,surfed top end of the G.

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Dec 2015 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Looks great Mac, good score

Still cr@pola here, but thats fine by me with 1/2 my tear duct scraped out...had a great day though, very cool bloke gave me a really nice wind surf board, sail & accessories...I'm stoked, got almost a full kit to go out when I want now. Today would actually be a great wind surfing day if I was up for it

Oh yeah & I found a copy of "Follow the Sun" surf vid from 1983 that a mate & I used to watch all the time when we were groms. Great memories, takes me back to a happy place when I watch it

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

you would do well to listen to me more often mac

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Dec 2015 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
you would do well to listen to me more often mac

Haha

thePup
13831 posts
6 Dec 2015 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Small crew out

Good God

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Dec 2015 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..
http://www.coastalwatch.com/videos/15213/video-seagulls-view-of-snapper-on-friday

impressive barrel at the 1:34 mark - he (assuming a bloke) handled that well.

Yeah he almost pulled out clean, the barrel from 308 was pretty epic, guys reclining so much he ends up sitting on his ass 1/2 way through the baz haha

Hows that first guy from when the copter does its first run from the top. Goes for the big off the top scalloping the thighs of lazy paddling shoulder hoppers wtf lol

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Dec 2015 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..
http://www.coastalwatch.com/videos/15213/video-seagulls-view-of-snapper-on-friday

Cool footage, id be stoked with just one wave like that

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

Yeah he almost pulled out clean, the barrel from 308 was pretty epic, guys reclining so much he ends up sitting on his ass 1/2 way through the baz haha

Hows that first guy from when the copter does its first run from the top. Goes for the big off the top scalloping the thighs of lazy paddling shoulder hoppers wtf lol

mick that might seem funny, but if your paddling out and some guy reckless flares all over you and others it not funny. guys get cut up from those stunts. I hope one of those guys snotted him because he deserves it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Dec 2015 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said..

MickPC said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

mick that might seem funny, but if your paddling out and some guy reckless flares all over you and others it not funny. guys get cut up from those stunts. I hope one of those guys snotted him because he deserves it

Still taking bitch pills I see Lacey

thePup
13831 posts
6 Dec 2015 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like nice weather up there Macca wicked view in that pic from the M hill

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
6 Dec 2015 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

It all awaits you Pup

I hear the Mango king is extending his deck for you welcome party

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

MickPC said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

Still taking bitch pills I see Lacey

when you've been in that situation come back to me

thePup
13831 posts
6 Dec 2015 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..

It all awaits you Pup

I hear the Mango king is extending his deck for you welcome party

Yep it's true - the Asea one is preparing the feast of stoke mate cannot wait to get into it

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Dec 2015 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said..

MickPC said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

Like I said wtf, but I'm laughing at just how ridiculous the situation is there...

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said..

laceys lane said..

MickPC said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

Like I said wtf, but I'm laughing at just how ridiculous the situation is there...

yeah I know mate.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Dec 2015 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

In a normal world they would be sitting wider and waiting their turn to paddle To the inside and take the wave. But if you did that there you would never get a wave. So you need to put yourself close to harm to get one. A very good reason to let others play out there and ignore the joint.

I imagine it's frustrating for all involved. The poor blokes on the wave who have to miss hitting sections because blokes are always paddling for the shoulder rather Than White water. And then you have the person on the wave being reckless. A recipe for a disaster.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
6 Dec 2015 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

It's so mechanical and the shoulder is so easy to get to after hovering around the pocket of the last one. The other thing I've found at Snapper is that you really do need to be in the pocket. It doesn't take too much to be too wide and just unable to paddle on to it. Most other waves have a more extended take off spot from the peak. Hope that makes sense.

Do people ever get seriously hurt there it is it just annoying for the most part?

And, too be honest, the three times I have surfed it crowded, despite the crowds, I still got waves. So, I suspect, many of those in the water in the vids have the same experience. Crowded, annoying, a bit of a ****fight, but still fun enough. It really is just that - fun. A really fun wave.

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Dec 2015 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
In a normal world they would be sitting wider and waiting their turn to paddle To the inside and take the wave. But if you did that there you would never get a wave. So you need to put yourself close to harm to get one. A very good reason to let others play out there and ignore the joint.

I imagine it's frustrating for all involved. The poor blokes on the wave who have to miss hitting sections because blokes are always paddling for the shoulder rather Than White water. And then you have the person on the wave being reckless. A recipe for a disaster.

Yep 100%...I'd probably be wearing a gath & armour, riding a 10 foot all round 12 ounce glass scythe...psyching up watching rollerball before heading out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...
It's so mechanical and the shoulder is so easy to get to after hovering around the pocket of the last one. The other thing I've found at Snapper is that you really do need to be in the pocket. It doesn't take too much to be too wide and just unable to paddle on to it. Most other waves have a more extended take off spot from the peak. Hope that makes sense.

Do people ever get seriously hurt there it is it just annoying for the most part?

And, too be honest, the three times I have surfed it crowded, despite the crowds, I still got waves. So, I suspect, many of those in the water in the vids have the same experience. Crowded, annoying, a bit of a ****fight, but still fun enough. It really is just that - fun. A really fun wave.

People get hurt. Ambos around the place. Tweed hospital gets busy. Gashes usually. Anywhere. Head included. Not uncommon to see 4 guys take off with 4 guys duck diving straight in front of them. A lidder not so long ago copped a serious head injury- fin chop. Plenty we dont get to hear about too

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Dec 2015 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

Spot on ted. Its almost like your a gold coaster

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
7 Dec 2015 6:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Small crew out

And I thought Noosa was bad yesterday.

ET.

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
7 Dec 2015 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Surf was terrible this morning, the wind was really on it but I thought "hey there's no one out, might as well have a paddle". I'd been out for about 20 when a pod of dolphins I'd been watching went screaming past me at a distance of about 25 meters. About 10 min later a heap of whales turned up approx. 300 meters from me.. It was then I thought f@@k this and came in.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Dec 2015 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Felt like some exercise after being out of the water. So dusted off the old skatey for a trip down to the beach. LB mate was telling me a story about how he jumped on a SB last week while visiting friends down South & had a hard time. So I recommended one of my old boards...ended up in the water myself trying to keep my head above water on the 666 while he had a go on my board. Before I knew it was 1420, couldn't believe how quick the time went. Had some onshore shoulder height waves to ourselves for a couple of hours. Did end up getting my head wet, but I think it was good for my eye coz it stopped itching. 2 day itch was driving me nuts more than being out of the water. Killed 2 birds with one stone, gotta love the ocean

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Dec 2015 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Wicked session on the Evo today. Long long lefts with just 3 out. Lots of ride time. This boards just flies through sections. Felt like I was on a snowboard. Weird feeling with the squarish nose and being so short. Goes good. Dropped Tux's board off for repairs today. Should get that back in a few days. Looking forward to giving tat one a decent workout as well

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Dec 2015 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

More joy on the 666 trying to keep my head out of the water & a bit of a wind surf later. Mate surprised us with 4 crayfish for dinner...another day in paradise

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Dec 2015 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful here today. Swell definitely on the rise and the incoming tide has some good push to it. No complaints what so ever. Heaven.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo