Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Mar 2016 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Alley was pretty good but boy there are some people out.

It can be a tricky wave at 4 ft. Its always sectioning ahead but theres no real bottom to the wave so your always turning off the bottom on a slopping face . A little bit more length in board always works better out there

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
24 Mar 2016 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

smicko said...
Some fun ones today.

that looks very nice some nice waves today and it's 3-4 feet from the east . I'm not happy because I'm at work but I might head down after work for a quickie but I'll be into it tomorrow . Not looking forward to dealing with the Easter crowds though

I was pretty selective with my pics, wasn't as perfect as this looks, was wayyyyyyy too big for it and the three of us got farken worked. We could only go the smaller ones like these, the rest of the time we spent dodging 6ft plus thick, evil bombs detonating on shallow black sand.
Have barely been out of bed today, not sure whether it's the flu or bacterial sinusitis from dirty water in conjunction with aching muscles from being worked but Deano and I are both cactus.
If you can score this joint with the swell small enough and the tide high enough it's one of the best beachies you'll ever see.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Some have the rub if the green.

Mac gets home tomorrow straight into a 4 ft swell with the points firing again.
Some blokes have got it

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Some blokes have got it

Lacey I'll be screwed tomorrow land at 6 home by 9 hope to get some shut eye on the way.
Looking forward to some quality water/waves see you Sat"

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Some blokes have got it

Lacey I'll be screwed tomorrow land at 6 home by 9 hope to get some shut eye on the way.
Looking forward to some quality water/waves see you Sat"

Get 3 hrs in then we'll hit it.
You me and all our mates

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Mar 2016 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

smh said..

smicko said...
Some fun ones today.

that looks very nice some nice waves today and it's 3-4 feet from the east . I'm not happy because I'm at work but I might head down after work for a quickie but I'll be into it tomorrow . Not looking forward to dealing with the Easter crowds though

I was pretty selective with my pics, wasn't as perfect as this looks, was wayyyyyyy too big for it and the three of us got farken worked. We could only go the smaller ones like these, the rest of the time we spent dodging 6ft plus thick, evil bombs detonating on shallow black sand.
Have barely been out of bed today, not sure whether it's the flu or bacterial sinusitis from dirty water in conjunction with aching muscles from being worked but Deano and I are both cactus.
If you can score this joint with the swell small enough and the tide high enough it's one of the best beachies you'll ever see.

Geez mate hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing worse than feeling crook on holidays. Water quality could well have something to do with it. I've seen some horrible things floating around over there.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Rest up smicko I got smashed by a flu here mate it was the worst one I've ever had.

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

+ 1...looks awesome mate...don't often say this say this...but I hope you get small swell...& feel better by tomorrow bro...

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
24 Mar 2016 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I'm loading up on ginger, garlic, tumeric, chilli and carrot juice. Tastes like crap but I'm on my feet, really wanna get another couple of surfs in before I leave on Saturday. Just have to avoid getting worked as the lungs are struggling.
Sucks a bit the swell has finally kicked today, Ketut's is pumping as I type.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Mar 2016 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Alley

Crowded

Good

Mr twinnie

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
25 Mar 2016 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Diamond Reef,not as big as yesterday but fun one's

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Mar 2016 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice waves here with that east swell around 4 ft on the sets . Got some good waves and not too crowded . I reckon if it had been a nice sunny day it would have been more crowded.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Mar 2016 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Alley with a bit of nw on it.

Took out the mr bushranger.

I havent surfed that good on a shortboard for years.

The board just felt a part of me.

Finally its starting to come together.

Happy man

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Mar 2016 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed a beachbreak a bit north from my usual spot because i knew how crowded it would be. Had a few waves and caught up with some mates and had a coffee after. all good.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
26 Mar 2016 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Happy man

Unreal did you bump into your mate I think he is aka Iron Phil

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
26 Mar 2016 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
I surfed a beachbreak a bit north from my usual spot because i knew how crowded it would be. Had a few waves and caught up with some mates and had a coffee after. all good.

Sounds like a perfect morning well done smh.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Mar 2016 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Happy man

Unreal did you bump into your mate I think he is aka Iron Phil

Nar. I was looking for him. Probably hang over from being p1ssed out. Should have seen the text I got from people about him

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Mar 2016 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

At least give us a sample

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Mar 2016 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Why do I attract fu#kwits on mals.

This young bloke just jumped off his board spearing it away straight into me.
I gave such a mouth full and I reckon I might have punched him too but I couldnt move. I have a big red mark over my quad at the side.
Think dead leg.

I had trouble walking home. Thats me done now.
Spewing

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
27 Mar 2016 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Full story you were being a greedy pig on your shortboarder surfing longboard wavesyou should have stuck with your original plan, I'll come bye and give your leg a rub

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Mar 2016 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Full story you were being a greedy pig on your shortboarder surfing longboard waves you should have stuck with your original plan, I'll come bye and give your leg a rub

You can f off 2 mac. Mate its not funny. Could well have been my head.
I was paddling out. He just speared away because it closed down on him . If they cant handle their boards dont go out

didn't put any laughs on your boy when he got hit.

I will stuggle to walk tomorrow

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
27 Mar 2016 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Serious hit heyi wasn't laughing at you just reliving words that have come out of your own mouth

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Mar 2016 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Serious hit hey i wasn't laughing at you just reliving words that have come out of your own mouth

its hurts. to be honest I don't know how it missed my head.

I'm not really seeing a funny side to this atm.

you know I have a playful dig at you at times but you know where you can handle your board

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
27 Mar 2016 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Feel sorry for you LL, no one likes getting hurt , the attitude in the water can be pretty selfish at times , just talking to a life guard this morning , surfing TOS early today, noticed a surfer lying on the beach with snapped board, after 20 min paddled in to look/ provide assistance , looks like hamstring torn off the bone , read no one bothered to help , how f....d... are the others that were there, took an hour for ambos to arrive. Surfing with a few friends if you can organize it is the way to go , in my opinion.

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
27 Mar 2016 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..
Serious hit hey i wasn't laughing at you just reliving words that have come out of your own mouth

you know I have a playful dig at you at times but you know where you can handle your board

Might take a while to see the funny side to it. I had my groms out the other morning and some di@khead was surfing without a leash and wound up hitting my daughter, I'm still not happy.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Mar 2016 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..
Feel sorry for you LL, no one likes getting hurt , the attitude in the water can be pretty selfish at times , just talking to a life guard this morning , surfing TOS early today, noticed a surfer lying on the beach with snapped board, after 20 min paddled in to look/ provide assistance , looks like hamstring torn off the bone , read no one bothered to help , how f....d... are the others that were there, took an hour for ambos to arrive. Surfing with a few friends if you can organize it is the way to go , in my opinion.

ummm. that makes mine a lesser problem.

hope your daughter is ok. steve

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
27 Mar 2016 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Steve78 said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

Might take a while to see the funny side to it. I had my groms out the other morning and some di@khead was surfing without a leash and wound up hitting my daughter, I'm still not happy.

Not good the same thing happened up Noosa years ago,6 stitchers inside the ear that ended her surfing full stop,shame she was going ok too.

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
27 Mar 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

bazz61 said..

ummm. that makes mine a lesser problem.

hope your daughter is ok. steve

Cheers LL, she's fine but it scared the life out of her, she got lucky.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Mar 2016 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

This makes for grim reading fellas. Hope everyone is ok and some idiots learned a few lessons - sadly I do not hold out much hope. I spent a considerable amount of energy explaining some basics to a couple of people two surfs ago. No one was hurt but it was close twice. Watching people do dumb things that are easily avoidable is super frustrating and scary.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
27 Mar 2016 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

q

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo