Surf69
WA, 883 posts
15 Mar 2016 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Surf69 said..
Finally...game on.

A good dose of East swell arrived to liven up a couple of hidden gems but unfortunately non favourable winds for those and time constraints saw me head to the reliable and offshore local beachy that turned it on nicely for us. Awesome right sporting a happy 6 people and a left on the other side which is where I decided to play, which didn't get off to a good start after conversation with what I felt to be a greedy SUP'er Who ironically was the only other person on the bank. Anyway we made peace.

Enjoyed a few hours of fun and games, only two others that paddled out, but at its most crowded there were three of us on the healthy and hollow lefts and now I'm suffering sore shoulders quite happily and contently.

It's days like this remind me why we love living down here :) yew!

i would have loved a day like that.

nothing surfable up my way. Worse part is,our banks survived the last swell,well they got even better. But we didnt really get to surf it because of the devil winds. Now they are just a memory .

Good part is my fitness is coming on a bit now,and im feeling better every day

Awesome news....Bonzer action ahead!!!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Mar 2016 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

My only day off this week and i got waves . Surfed a local reef break thats a left that runs down the side of an island. Head high with some overhead sets and not crowded. Got about 8 good waves and happy .

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Mar 2016 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
My only day off this week and i got waves . Surfed a local reef break thats a left that runs down the side of an island. Head high with some overhead sets and not crowded. Got about 8 good waves and happy .

that's cool smh Is the other side of that island called Smack

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Mar 2016 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Yes Al it is .

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Mar 2016 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Yes Al it is .

ah cool, I've surfed both sides,good hey

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Mar 2016 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

smh said..
Yes Al it is .

ah cool, I've surfed both sides,good hey

Yes both very good on their day. Got a bit knocked around by the side wash on the lefts today so it was tricky staying upright but worth it.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Mar 2016 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Dam. Surf was looking good.
I finish what I have to do and now its onshore

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Mar 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Dam. Surf was looking good.
I finish what I have to do and now its onshore

I'm not laughing

The best it's been up here for two months. Not for a long time though.

Look from the beach when we got out and I'm scratching my head,it looks great. Paddle back out, its ****

Oh the two foot ha ha ha ha ha

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Mar 2016 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Dee why point has a reasonable bit of size on the sets this morning with approx 45 people battling it out for some occasional nice ones. Far from epic but good fun if you like a late drop whilst dodging people. The wider ones are doing their normal fatty thing and just pushing thorough.bheaps of water running through. OB and MRs spot is probably a lot of fun right now

Couple of broken boards littering the beachfront.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
20 Mar 2016 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Gave it a miss Ted, apart from having a busted left foot, I counted 75 bods out in in water at 7.30 and 2 clubs, the Reef Riders and the Girl Board Riders Club both about to start comps. I'll check it again when the swell and the crowds drop.

BTW, me and MR were having a surf there a few weeks back and we met a lady from the central coast that knows you quite well. Blond, drives a white, LWB VW transporter with no windows and works out of various hospitals as a Paramedic driver. She was riding a battered old NSP and considering how crappy the board was, she was doing pretty good.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Mar 2016 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Got a surf in a lm. All right. Picked a few off early. BIt of a dry patch then a bunch to finish.

What struck me was the waves were good enough to shortboard but half a riding mal . Just to get waves I reckon.
There were about 7 guys behaving way worse than any greedy supper.
It was quite disgusting to watch. But probably done it myself

thePup
13831 posts
20 Mar 2016 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Got a surf in a lm. All right. Picked a few off early. BIt of a dry patch then a bunch to finish.

What struck me was the waves were good enough to shortboard but half a riding mal . Just to get waves I reckon.

....... ahhhhhh so you must be Mrs Misery riding 2 foot LM then Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Mar 2016 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...
laceys lane said..

....... ahhhhhh so you must be Mrs Misery riding 2 foot LM then Lacey

I surf miserable conditions anywhere

McGuane
484 posts
20 Mar 2016 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

It's all about the glide, bro.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Mar 2016 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McGuane said..

laceys lane said..

It's all about the glide, bro.

not today at lm bro.

it was about hogging and pigging at everyone else's expense

Adapt
QLD, 723 posts
20 Mar 2016 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Any suggestions for an afternoon surf on the Gold Coast, first time I've been able to get a wave in weeks

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
20 Mar 2016 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Adapt said...
Any suggestions for an afternoon surf on the Gold Coast, first time I've been able to get a wave in weeks

just go

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Mar 2016 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Pumping down here but I was at work . I wouldn't have gone out anyway as there was a lot of wind on it. Checked a protected point break on my way home and there was a dozen out getting amongst it. I hope it calms down a bit because I've got three days off.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
21 Mar 2016 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Pumping Ketut's this morning, 3-4ft draining pits, mellowing into quaterpipe ramps as the tide filled in. Four of us out for three hours, soooo fun. Water is 28-30c.

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
21 Mar 2016 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Smicko,it always puzzles me why everyone is drawn to the peak when it's pumping down there

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Mar 2016 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

It's backed off here a fair bit but the wind is wrecking it and the banks are ordinary at best. might go for a drive tomorrow

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
21 Mar 2016 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said..
Nice work Smicko,it always puzzles me why everyone is drawn to the peak when it's pumping down there

Yup, the peak is poop.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Mar 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Ob - was that Debs? She surfs good - sponsored by SDR.

I surfed one of Sydney's famous point breaks with just 12 others in the middle of the day. Some fun waves but not epic. Couple of bigger sets occasionally but swell wrong direction / or just plain not good. Finally after 5 surfs on this board and 3 diff fin setups its time to go. Wasted so many fun waves on it. Brought it second hand as I needed a board quickly and all my others were snapped or in Indo. Thought it was me. But after today its very very clear that its not me. Its for sale if anyone is interested

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Mar 2016 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

I surfed one of Sydney's famous point breaks with just 12 others in the middle of the day. Some fun waves but not epic. Couple of bigger sets occasionally but swell wrong direction / or just plain not good. Finally after 5 surfs on this board and 3 diff fin setups its time to go. Wasted so many fun waves on it. Brought it second hand as I needed a board quickly and all my others were snapped or in Indo. Thought it was me. But after today its very very clear that its not me. Its for sale if anyone is interested

Not the EVO

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Mar 2016 5:10AM
Thumbs Up

Nope. I have had about 40 surfs on the Evo now and it's going nowhere. Love it. I leave that board in Indo. I find it needs decent waves to get moving properly but once it does look out! We will re-unite next week

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
22 Mar 2016 4:35AM
Thumbs Up

Answer ted which board ffs

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Mar 2016 6:09AM
Thumbs Up

Need to sell it first

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
22 Mar 2016 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Didn't ask her name and I doubt I'll ever see her again at that spot, you know how black and stinky that place can get if the weed starts to build up on the beach and she did take the time to mention how unimpressed she was.

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
22 Mar 2016 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Lacey if your looking for work

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo