Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
23 Oct 2016 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

It's a fantastic trimming machine everybody needs a board of it's kind it catches ripples and just flys down the line I'm stoked with it I didn't know if I could handle the massive d fin but it was easy. Vanders put an order in for a 12 footer.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
23 Oct 2016 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
It's a fantastic trimming machine everybody needs a board of it's kind it catches ripples and just flys down the line I'm stoked with it I didn't know if I could handle the massive d fin but it was easy. Vanders put an order in for a 12 footer.

Sounds cool,would'nt mind one myself.12 footer,geez,Go V

SP
10979 posts
23 Oct 2016 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear mac...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Oct 2016 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
Had Grace out Mac,cool,I could have done with her today.I'm just back from Diamond,very small but clean,they say there's a spike in swell coming,hasn't got here yet!...

It shouldn't be too far away now - defintely spiked down here on the Central Coast but poor winds sadly.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
23 Oct 2016 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Al G said..
Had Grace out Mac,cool,I could have done with her today.I'm just back from Diamond,very small but clean,they say there's a spike in swell coming,hasn't got here yet!...

It shouldn't be too far away now - defintely spiked down here on the Central Coast but poor winds sadly.

Yeah Ted,winds up here now to!..

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Oct 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

I hope Asea enjoys it At work today and there's a big south swell with a lot of wind on it. Not a very nice day out on the water

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Oct 2016 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Macaha said..

I hope Asea enjoys it

LOL

.........Sounds good Mac, yeah I was surprised how well my 10 foot log turned with a big old 10 inch hatchet. Can't beat that drive in the glide for trimming hey ...gonna miss mine this summer, was a big mistake selling it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
23 Oct 2016 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

No smh,Asea won't be buying it but he needs a board like it,today were most rode it off I had 2 hours of joy.
10.6 love.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Oct 2016 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Surely someone got some waves over east today - great conditions - shame I have been in the office since 5am ! hopefully tom I will get out there.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
24 Oct 2016 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

I missed out on a morning surf and the only really suitable LB wave in the arvo was the Bower, but I got there too late.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Oct 2016 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Surely someone got some waves over east today - great conditions - shame I have been in the office since 5am ! hopefully tom I will get out there.

Pretty big here today Ted. I'm going to wait for the tide to come up and I'll head out for a look.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Oct 2016 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Went and checked it and it's too big for the beaches and the only semi protected spot is packed so I mowed the lawns instead. Wind looking good for tomorrow and it should drop off to a more manageable size so I'll go then.

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Oct 2016 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Dunno where everyone was today, pretty decent waves & no one out. Fun chest high fast breaking waves at the local.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
24 Oct 2016 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Dunno where everyone was today, pretty decent waves & no one out. Fun chest high fast breaking waves at the local.

Forecast southerly winds put them off?

Or they are soft?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Oct 2016 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

At work at the moment and the swell is bigger than this morning . Easy 10 feet plus. I thought it would have started dropping off but doesn't look like it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Oct 2016 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

I just pulled up at the beach here and watched a bloke get a full stand up pit on a reef that is protected hugely by a big headland. There is a load of swell heading up the coast still. I will be out there at first light tom. Excited.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Oct 2016 4:27AM
Thumbs Up

This swell is hanging in - wind went westerly around 11 last night. Should be nice and clean this morning. So excited I can not get back to sleep

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Oct 2016 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Disappointing morning. Lots of swell - probably a bit too much for most places and the wrong angle for the protected reefs. Frustrating.

SP
10979 posts
25 Oct 2016 5:52AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said..
Disappointing morning. Lots of swell - probably a bit too much for most places and the wrong angle for the protected reefs. Frustrating.

45 minutes North mate... Bring you big lungs and paddling arms...

Photos from swellnet but think you nailed it. lot of swell and not many places where it is working..

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Oct 2016 6:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said...

Forecast southerly winds put them off?

Or they are soft?

lol...forecast didn't really look too promising. Gotta admit it was a lot better than I was expecting. People could be running low on sickie days too lol

.....That does look like a good size swell for you East coast blokes, nice light wind too by the looks. Must be a few places going off

Katana said a bloke had a Mick Fanning vs shark experience yesterday, so probably a few less in the Lennox lineup today.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
25 Oct 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Perfect morning here at BB ..head hi on the sets...glassy ...but banks are ..s..t.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Oct 2016 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

45 minutes North mate... Bring you big lungs and paddling arms...

Thanks SP. Decided to stop sulking and drove south to a really long long left - sure you know the one - bloody long paddle. Bloody long waves Had an absolute ball - even had a few jet ski assists to get me out the back a few times. Certainly made life a lot easier. A lot longer board would have been much easier - shame I have not picked up the new stick yet - would have been perfect. Tom is another day though Best surf in Australia for a long long time. Will sleep like a baby tonight.

SP
10979 posts
25 Oct 2016 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear you got a few.

Should be alright the next few days too.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Oct 2016 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

lets hope - tom morning is my last window for a while so fingers crossed. Looking at the buoys will be a lot more local tom

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Oct 2016 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Today is looking good. Have some breakfast and I'm out there.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Oct 2016 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

2 days of great waves ! Stoked. Waves a hell of a lot smaller today but some super clean a frames available on a fairly un-crowded beach. Joy. Water a lot warmer than Tassie

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Oct 2016 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back and the swell didn't improve the banks but still got plenty of waves. Bit of a crowd out there today and the water was OK but a bit murky.

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Oct 2016 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear ya scored boys

Was crankin here too with not too many out, heaps better than expected

Did take down my soloshot, but the tripod part would not turn on. Battery must be dead

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Oct 2016 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Good waves this morning with only one out, Mr shark...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
27 Oct 2016 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Good waves this morning with only one out, Mr shark...

Be careful mate .You don't want to be next on the list. ****ty south easterly here today so nothing doing.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo