Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
29 Oct 2016 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Thanks for that Al . I know the big stuff is around during our summer. Will have to check when the best time to go will be. I'm off from mid May to mid July.

Unfortuneatly their Summer season will cost you more and more people around to,most Yanks have their holidays then!...

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
29 Oct 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
July would be perfect for the south Shore,July August is prime time there,I've had some great surfs on the SS.

Ah ok!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Oct 2016 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said...
Macaha said..

asea said..
Not even a wave for Grace just did a drive by

I looked at 10.45, not even for Grace.

None for Grace even,geez must be flat
Booked our trip to Hawaii this week Mac for Feb next year

Epic. So envious. Perfect time to hit it. Enjoy and send some pics back please

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
29 Oct 2016 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Al G said...

Macaha said..

asea said..
Not even a wave for Grace just did a drive by

I looked at 10.45, not even for Grace.

None for Grace even,geez must be flat
Booked our trip to Hawaii this week Mac for Feb next year

Epic. So envious. Perfect time to hit it. Enjoy and send some pics back please

Yeah Ted,I'll be hireing a board over there because I have to get a Rex flight from Taree to and from Sydney bit of a hassle carting a longboard,a mate hired one over there he said they are ok!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Oct 2016 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Stuff the longboard get a 7'6" with heaps of volume and and a good edge and get into the good stuff

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
29 Oct 2016 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Stuff the longboard get a 7'6" with heaps of volume and and a good edge and get into the good stuff

haha,haven't ridden a board that short in 17 years ,nah I'm more of a cruiser and not that flexible these days mate .I've got an 8 footer I ride sometimes but not very often!...

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
29 Oct 2016 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

So out surfing with Dave Basher today. Surf was good 2 to 3 foot perfect long trimmer waves. I paddle into one catch it turn start trimming and boom mother and baby dolphin blast out of the face of the wave in front of me then cut directly under me. I am just loosing my mind in excitement, start paddling back towards Dave and the mother and baby dolphin just swim staright upto us and just hang out for a minute or then see a wave coming and take off. Coolest experience! !!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Oct 2016 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Great stuff Nothing beats Mother Nature so close ......... unless they have diff fins . I love the dolphins. Hope you got some good waves as well

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Oct 2016 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

little sliders at a island not to far away the longboard was good amongst a sea of wilkos

then played nine after the club comp...not a good idea as it was farking hot

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
30 Oct 2016 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..
So out surfing with Dave Basher today. Surf was good 2 to 3 foot perfect long trimmer waves. I paddle into one catch it turn start trimming and boom mother and baby dolphin blast out of the face of the wave in front of me then cut directly under me. I am just loosing my mind in excitement, start paddling back towards Dave and the mother and baby dolphin just swim staright upto us and just hang out for a minute or then see a wave coming and take off. Coolest experience! !!

How cool McH ,I remember surfing at lighthouse beach at Ballina years ago,you'de catch waves and the dolphins were riding and jumping out of the wave with ya.Went searching early this morning but no good.Whales putting on a show though!...

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
30 Oct 2016 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

McHenry said..

How cool McH ,I remember surfing at lighthouse beach at Ballina years ago,you'de catch waves and a pack of sharks were riding and jumping out of the wave with ya.

Fixed that for you AI

Grace and I had a look but it was terrible,now what time do those golf stores open

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
30 Oct 2016 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said..

McHenry said..

How cool McH ,I remember surfing at lighthouse beach at Ballina years ago,you'de catch waves and a pack of sharks were riding and jumping out of the wave with ya.

Fixed that for you AI

Grace and I had a look but it was terrible,now what time do those flog stores open

haha,good on ya Mac ,yeah it's very sharky up there now,Golfing today mate for ya,I'm washing cars
Fixed yours to

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
30 Oct 2016 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

It's Golf backwards,haha!...

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
30 Oct 2016 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
It's Golf backwards,haha!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Oct 2016 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

I am headed inland to the cable park for some activity

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
30 Oct 2016 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Tiny ankle slappers down at the local.Got a few. Had a good turnout for a mate that died last June. Big paddle out and good send off.

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
30 Oct 2016 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Tiny ankle slappers down at the local.Got a few. Had a good turnout for a mate that died last June. Big paddle out and good send off.

Good to hear smh,RIP mate!...

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Oct 2016 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Had a few fun ones today, bit shifty after lots of wind yesterday but scored the odd beauty here & there

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
30 Oct 2016 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Wobbly old swell but luckily bubbles onto ledges tend to clean it up. Almost drove away because there were eight blokes. Sucked back a cancer stick and watched them all come in. Two of us for 45 minutes, three of us for another half hour. Paddle and get a wave, repeat.

When the next four came out I caught a wave in.

Not perfect, but chilled and relaxing. Oh yeah, I saw a bloke who had never surfed there try to get out and over a set, ignoring the advice to just paddle wide, get smasherated, be dragged underwater for a disturbingly long time and go in. Me and the other bloke (who he had come with) had a little laugh about it as the wave is actually quite soft. In the carpark it turned out he had cracked his eyebrow and temple and split the skin in two places. I'm guessing three or four stitches. Whoops. Guess he wasn't that soft after all.

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Oct 2016 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun waves this morning. Think everyone has been a bit spoilt & got fussy, there was only one guy out & I stil couldn't talk a mate into coming out. Too small he reckoned but there was the occasional chest high set...had a go on one of SDR's team rider boards a couple of hours later. Went great

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
31 Oct 2016 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

Getting some good waves in nth Sumatra been surfing the nano 90 pcent of the time 5 hour sesh yesterday the young blokes couldn't believe it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Nov 2016 4:29AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Ricardo - glad to see its getting some use

Cobra
9106 posts
1 Nov 2016 5:12AM
Thumbs Up

You know the story Ricardo , photos or it didn't happen

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
2 Nov 2016 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Good waves Monday night about 4 foot a bit peaky but a few fun ones
Yesterday morning surfed a smoking left with 4 other guys
Yesterday arvo surfed the local was Ok 2 others out...rode the 8ft gun for something different...things a ****ing weapon

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
2 Nov 2016 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Just back from some ok waves. Wind was a bit cross shore but it was clean enough. I was expecting small waves so I took the 11 footer but there was some pretty decent sets so the shorter board would have been better. Got a few waves and there was bugger all crowd out.

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Nov 2016 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
You know the story Ricardo , photos or it didn't happen

Devastating news, he had his camera stolen...farking spewing, I was hanging to see the pics

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Just on Blairs rock at LM clean waves so nice with 4 of us out.

SP
10979 posts
3 Nov 2016 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Grace or the New one??

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Nov 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Grace or the New one??

No Grace today although it would have loved it,I surfed the new 9.10.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Nov 2016 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

4 foot 6 guys off shore...pumping

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo