Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
26 Jan 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Went for a long paddle on the 666 & found a little novelty wedge. Watched for a bit & then raced home for my 6'0. Had one barrel where I came out & I'm scraping past these huge boulders. Was lucky to just pull through the back. Wave still sucked me into the rocks, but I was able to kick off them. I'll be back tomorrow

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Jan 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Great fun,first session with lacey well he should be kissing my arse for selling that board to him he owned it,that was the fist session.
Lacey buggered off to bed after him show,I went bad an hour later and I'm stoked with my surfing yes I know I shouldnt blah blah
but it the best I've surfed for over a year,I'm just stoked which I haven't been for a long long time.
On the first beer and the cook up starts at 4.

wavelength
1195 posts
26 Jan 2015 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
First three that came through. Should have waited for the good ones,but you get the idea

Would've been hard to win the paddle battle against that chick with three arms.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Jan 2015 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
26 Jan 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Spent 3 days in the limburners creck Region ch on satdee super sick mellow crowd so fun,back to camp at pp light winds point was fun but all I wanna say is God save the queen (s) on Sunday arv best waves I've had in ages yewwww hope you all had a nice long wknd

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Jan 2015 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear Ash - was perfection round these parts as well. Time to clear your dairies it looks like we have the biggest swell for some time hitting by the weekend in NSW. Let's hope those winds behave themselves. Time to dust off the guns and put some fresh wax on

www.bom.gov.au/products/IDG00073.shtml

thePup
13831 posts
26 Jan 2015 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Ditto - sounds wicked Ash brother

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
27 Jan 2015 6:15AM
Thumbs Up

Yea boys it really is a great place I hope it stays like it for many moons to come....frothing ted love the build up to these swells.

And some people sit in pubs and clubs gambling all day farrrrrrrk that !,, surfing rules get out there

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Jan 2015 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hit the novelty spot again today & made a clown of myself going ass up on the rocks in front of about 10 boogers who got a good laugh out of it

Was bigger, but not as consistent. Only had about 8 waves, but had one little barrel I managed to make it out of without getting slammed into the boulders

thePup
13831 posts
27 Jan 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Was that the farm mate or down near where ya used to live

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
27 Jan 2015 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Pup I had a call from god today

thePup
13831 posts
27 Jan 2015 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

I called the Drop Knee Wizard of Froth today he's a stoked up old cock hey

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
27 Jan 2015 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Macaha said..

I called the Drop Knee Wizard of Froth today

so how is Vanders good

thePup
13831 posts
27 Jan 2015 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..

Macaha said..

I called the Drop Knee Wizard of Froth today

so how is Vanders good

hahaha I can just see the big V12 taking 2 more waves out from underneath your twinkling toes champion & you asked for it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Jan 2015 11:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Good to hear Ash - was perfection round these parts as well. Time to clear your dairies it looks like we have the biggest swell for some time hitting by the weekend in NSW. Let's hope those winds behave themselves. Time to dust off the guns and put some fresh wax on

www.bom.gov.au/products/IDG00073.shtml

So its on by the look of it. Winds are favourable. Should only be a handful of places handling it on Friday. No guesses where they will be I shall charge the camera batteries and report back. It looks like my new 6'10" (brought in Oct) will finally get a run. Might be the longest time I have ever owned a board and not used it. Surely that is some kind of crap record to hold Sadly my Saturday is already booked out so it will be a Friday and Sunday sessions for me only. Winds will be strong but there are some good spots that handle that not far from here. When I say far - that really depends on how far you like to drive. Its a bit like a keeper

thePup
13831 posts
27 Jan 2015 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody Nora Ted go hard my good man

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
27 Jan 2015 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Two foot, five knot onshore, fun left bowls. Good times considering it was just me and a mate at the height of holiday season. Can't wait for next week when it all returns to normal. Also saw a 12 foot gun that gave me ideas. Although the 9'6" also looked sweeeeeet.

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Jan 2015 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Was that the farm mate or down near where ya used to live

Just South a bit....unfortunately wasn't doing it today. Swell was bigger & a little more consistent. But swell direction was wrong for it...just went for a body bash

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jan 2015 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed snapper perfection with fark all crew out. Caught some smoking waves with one landing me all the way onto the sand in front of the golden arches

Then on the way home,I saw kirra was even better with less people and hit that for two more hours....and I thought my shoulder was in bad shape before.today.

I don't know how.certain peeps.would.rather sleep in than get a few hours of goodness before work

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jan 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Here is a average pic,but it's a pic

thePup
13831 posts
28 Jan 2015 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

I'm coming with you do you have a leash I don't like that sign much

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Jan 2015 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some nice ones at the alley. Then had to tow a bloke in who was in trouble off the front of the ck mouth.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Jan 2015 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Swell is starting to fill in down here. Just watched a few come in at Dee Why Point - not great quality but the swell is starting to build which is the main thing. Will be good to get home tomorrow.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Jan 2015 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Here is a average pic,but it's a pic

Looks fun - where was everyone? Or did you photoshop them out?

thePup
13831 posts
29 Jan 2015 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Old saying but licking my chops just looking at the next couple of mornings hope the wind stays civil

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

I can hear the swell here nice so wester blowin buuuut putting the bloody high vis on its back to work!
rip in ex workers,non workers and sick leave takers hope it's hollow and empty

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Jan 2015 4:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ashmullet said..
I can hear the swell here nice so wester blowin buuuut putting the bloody high vis on its back to work!
rip in ex workers,non workers and sick leave takers hope it's hollow and empty

our swell seems to be buried umder the tide....gonna go for a big paddle to somewhere

thePup
13831 posts
29 Jan 2015 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Missed out this morning , swell still on it's way & the southerly got into it quick almost a bit onshore messy Brother Mick might get some scraps mid morning dunno

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
29 Jan 2015 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Swell is here today... Points only beaches are a wild mess
Got an hour a goodness just south of me... 3-5ft dependent on set = fun
Lots of body boarders in the water ...that was not fun as they seemingly had there own "rules"... grrrrrrr
but was nice to back in the water a after a 3 day drought

SP
10979 posts
29 Jan 2015 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said...
Swell is here today... Points only beaches are a wild mess
Got an hour a goodness just south of me... 3-5ft dependent on set = fun
Lots of body boarders in the water ...that was not fun as they seemingly had there own "rules"... grrrrrrr
but was nice to back in the water a after a 3 day drought

Looks alright. If it was where I'm thinking.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo